What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Folsom Field Concessions continue to suck

Highlander

There can be only one
Club Member
Putting this here because I want exposure to it.

We got up with 1:50 left in the first half to get in line for food to avoid the rush. There was one semi-competent person trying to keep the line going from outside the stand. All the folks inside the stand where zombies that could clearly not give a **** about anything. Ask for two hot dogs.

Zombie: "We are out of hotdogs". (keep in mind she is leaning over 90 degrees at the waist with her hand supporting her chin)
Me: "You are out of hotdogs before halftime?"
Zombie: "Yes"
Me: (mutter, mutter) "We will take a chicken sandwich and a hamburger"
Zombie: "You will have to wait for the hamburger"
Me: (waiting, waiting, waiting)
Semi-competent person outside the line: "If you are just waiting for food, do you mind stepping back?"
Me: "I don't mind, but do you realize they just told me they are out of hotdogs before halftime?"
Semi-competent person: "There is no way that is right!" (like it is my fault)
Me: "Talk to them - they told me I couldn't buy a hotdog"
Semi-competent person: "We are going to fix this!"
(5 minutes later I get the hamburger and see them bringing a cafeteria tray filled with frozen hot dogs in from some place else)
Keep in mind - this is from someone who got up to get in line BEFORE halftime. I can't even imagine what it was like for the poor suckers that actually waited.

I swear they would double their revenue if they remotely gave a ****. It is so painful to get just Carl's Jrs/Hardees level service that I seriously don't even want to bother.

If they hired 2 people each on the east and west side that had restaurant experience, I'm totally convinced their revenue goes up by 50++% and the fan experience does as well.

Putting this here because I want exposure to it.

We got up with 1:50 left in the first half to get in line for food to avoid the rush. There was one semi-competent person trying to keep the line going from outside the stand. All the folks inside the stand where zombies that could clearly not give a **** about anything. Ask for two hot dogs.

I swear they would double their revenue if they remotely gave a ****. It is so painful to get just Carl's Jrs/Hardees level service that I seriously don't even want to bother.

If they hired 2 people each on the east and west side that had restaurant experience, I'm totally convinced their revenue goes up by 50++% and the fan experience does as well.
You should e-mail a bunch of people listed in the Facilities Department on the AD Staff Directory and cc: Rick George.

Agree with this. We bring food to eat at tailgates and after because every single interaction I have had with Folsom concessions has been terrible. They are always out of food. There are always people standing around like they don't have anything to do when the lines are massive. And the people who work the registers almost always get the order wrong and can't figure out how to give correct change.

Bums me out to hear this has not been improved upon. It is an embarrassment.

I got up with 1:50 in the half and got in and out immediately. Although she did screw up our order at first.

I bought an Old Chicago pepperoni pizza for $9. They could increase profits if they used boxes half as big as the ones they serve the pizza in. You know, use a box that matches the size of the scrawny assed pizza. Wait, I take that back. When a dolt like me sees the box, I'm easily duped into buying it. It isn't until I return to my seat and open the box and see the scrawny little pizza that I say, "WTF!"

The game day experience was mediocre. The beer sales south of Balch had no line whatsoever. Too bad I don't drink. But my son was able to walk right up and buy a couple of beers. Much better than when they first opened up beer sales. But, man, it was hot in the east stands and there was never a single vendor to come into our area. I'm not sure the even sent vendors into the stands. You had to go to the concession stands.

All concession stands suck at all big events. Wait in line to buy a foamy beer, cold pizza, crap hot dog. Better to save your money.

Several of us have contacted people involved in the concessions last year to tell them our continuous problems with the east side. They gave us some canned answer about the non profit groups that work the concessions to earn money. I guess we are suppose to feel good about that and forget that we wait in line for 30 minutes and spend 13.00 for a soda that is warm and a cold hamburger. Typical CU mentality of pointing fingers and deflecting blame.

So u r telling me the AD is in the foodiest town in America and can't have hot dogs ready? Wow...just wow!

I got up with 1:50 in the half and got in and out immediately. Although she did screw up our order at first.
Several of us have contacted people involved in the concessions last year to tell them our continuous problems with the east side. They gave us some canned answer about the non profit groups that work the concessions to earn money. I guess we are suppose to feel good about that and forget that we wait in line for 30 minutes and spend 13.00 for a soda that is warm and a cold hamburger. Typical CU mentality of pointing fingers and deflecting blame.
I was wondering if 85 went to the West side because Badbone just confirmed my experience on the East side.

I was wondering if 85 went to the West side because Badbone just confirmed my experience on the East side.
0a5031b4c75374d6311fa03e5891002d.jpg

We went to buy some waters at halftime. The lady wouldn't let us keep the caps, noting "safety concerns". As we walked back into the stadium, I saw a vendor selling waters with the caps on.
So, aside from the obvious "how does a bottle cap present a safety concern?", they can't even apply a stupid rule uniformly.

I can assure you guys that this isn't just happening Folsom. Most of the concessions in the stadiums I've been to had ****ty service. A few were decent.

We went to buy some waters at halftime. The lady wouldn't let us keep the caps, noting "safety concerns". As we walked back into the stadium, I saw a vendor selling waters with the caps on.
So, aside from the obvious "how does a bottle cap present a safety concern?", they can't even apply a stupid rule uniformly.
They do the same thing at mile high, if the cap is on you can fill it and throw it further is my guess.

concert, football game, baseball game, basketball game...doesn't matter....concessions suck...

concert, football game, baseball game, basketball game...doesn't matter....concessions suck...
At the CsU game last weekend I ordered some chicken fingers and fries and they didn't have any sauce for them, had to dip them in the cheese from the girlfriends nachos to even get down and I am the least picky eater on the planet.

You get what you pay for.

Well on a high note, RG's approach if just putting the tip in in terms of beer sales is working great. First season with designated sections, second season all of Baluch and now you can have beer anywhere outside of the stands as far as the ticket office.

Well on a high note, RG's approach if just putting the tip in in terms of beer sales is working great. First season with designated sections, second season all of Baluch and now you can have beer anywhere outside of the stands as far as the ticket office.

George seems to be taking the approach of cooking a frog by slowly raising the heat with regard to where you can have alcohol in the stadium. I'm hoping we're going to be able to drink at our seats in the non-student sections within a year or two, lol.

I have a 12 pack of something good in my refrigerator that cost less than 2 beers at folsom. Someday, you will be able to take your beer back to your seats.

I think what CU should consider is more food trucks. I'd me a Salavagios Prime Rib roll... Mmmmmm

Back