What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Foxsports has Burks going #10 to Milwaukee

From ESPN: "Spencer Percy, Queen City Hoops: I watch Alec Burks and at times I see flashes of Allan Houston. Not as pure of a shooter, but almost like a more new school on-the-ball-type of Houston. If Burks is able to increase his ability to play off the ball offensively, I think he could become the new age Allan Houston in the league."

IMO simply not as good a shooter. I got to watch Houston play growing up and he was a spot up shooter and Burks is more of a slasher. With added weight i could see him transform into a Russell Westbrook type player( who in his own right should be a SG not a PG)

I really don't see the Houston comparison either. More of a young Penny Hardaway type imo.

I'm guessing Alec goes #10 to Milwaukee. But if he falls to #13 to Phoenix, I'm not complaining:dance:

I absolutely hate the Suns but I would love to go to some games next year rocking my #10 CU jersey. Suns fans may be the dumbest in the entire league though.

Hearing we may see more trades than normal. With the labor negotiations making things uncertain for trades and free agency (plus a weak free agent class), teams are expected to try to make moves in order to get a targeted guy in what is rated as a weak draft class.

A lot of talk of Milwaukee trading #10 to Houston for #14 & #23 right now.

Stat Nerds*: Burks Best SG in Draft

* - Stat Nerds is a term of endearment in my world and no offense is meant to anyone.

Also, the Burks to Sacramento talk might be for nothing as Chad Ford is reporting that the Kings are talking to the Nugs about sending #7 to Denver for Ray Felton and #22.

I rather have Nuggets keep Felton and stay @22 and maybe get a guy like Tobias Harris or Kenneth Faried(doubt he falls). Or even Marshon Brooks.

I rather have Nuggets keep Felton and stay @22 and maybe get a guy like Tobias Harris or Kenneth Faried(doubt he falls). Or even Marshon Brooks.

Bingo. Faried is my #1 hope (no way he slips by Portland) and Harris is my #2. Biyombo intrigues me, but he is horrible on offense on all accounts -- not sure he's worth Felton & #22. There'll be plenty of opportunities to deal Felton this off-season.

Woj:

Bucks and Warriors - picking 10th and 11th - are mostly enamored with Klay Thompson, sources say. G-State fears he won't be there for them.

Who is denver trading up to get?

Speculation is Biyombo or Valanciunas. Both would make sense. I know the Nugs front office before Kroenke Jr. and Uriji took over REALLY wanted to get a big man so they could slide Nene to the four. Odds are that's what's the new front office is trying to do as well.

More Burks news from Andy Katz:

More teams in the lottery than maybe any other year were unsure about who they would select less than 48 hours before the draft. But the consensus among teams is that Colorado's Alec Burks, Florida State's Chris Singleton, Thompson, Morris, Markieff Morris and Texas' Jordan Hamilton and Morehead State's Kenneth Faried will be gone by the 20th pick.

Purely guesstimating, but I doubt they'd go for a guard. They need frontcourt size more than anything. That said, Dempsey does mention Burks in his blog today as a possibility if the Nugs move up.

Purely guesstimating, but I doubt they'd go for a guard. They need frontcourt size more than anything. That said, Dempsey does mention Burks in his blog today as a possibility if the Nugs move up.

Smokescreen.

I'd love to see him go #13 to Phoenix. We'd get to see him play a lot, it's a good organization, and it might give us a bit of a bump to our recruiting in the area.

Smokescreen.

I'd love to see him go #13 to Phoenix. We'd get to see him play a lot, it's a good organization, and it might give us a bit of a bump to our recruiting in the area.

Plus he'd get to play with Steve Nash and his coach would be Alvin Gentry. I'm fine with that.

Anything's possible, but I think it'd have to be one hell of a deal. Nash is SERIOUSLY loved down there. It would be a PR disaster if they traded him.

Also, if Grant Hill's back that's two high character vets at guard that can mentor him as he enters the league. Very good situation for Alec.

Agreed with the Suns. I agree the Nuggets need front court help especially if they lose Kenyon. I had heard speculation over at Denver Stiffs so I was just curious what you guys thought.

Back