What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Frank Umu Dismissed from the Program

I hope the kid can get himself straightened out. He made a mistake, I wish him no ill will.

On to fucla, dont let a bad game beat you twice.

Unless he can get an exemption from the NCAA you are correct, to go to another FBS program he would have to sit.

I think he is a big loss, had high hopes for him but I don't know how many FBS options he would have had anyways. The combination of not having a lot of on-field performance at CU, having to sit out while using a scholly, and he wasn't highly recruited coming out of HS would make finding another BCS program a challenge under normal circumstances. Add that he did enough at CU to get dropped from the program and I don't think he would have many takers.

Most likely he will end up at an FCS school or even D2. CSU- Pueblo had a kid a couple years ago who was dropped from Arizona for undisclosed reasons who ended up playing for the Packers. If I'm not mistaken Umu also had a good relationship with UNC before his work with McChesney made him interesting to CU.

By dropping down a level he could play almost immediately and would thus be able to play the next two years.

Not so fast, I do not believe he has to sit out a year after being Dismissed. Why is Carrington already playing for Utah? I believe there was some changes in some rules based on dismissals and not playing at all this year. I bet he is at CSU by next month.

Umu was a wild card in the DL rotation.....a guy who was lightly recruited...chip on his shoulder....workout warrior. We had no depth at DL to begin with...and this one hurts. Too bad that MM is holding the ins and outs of the program so tightly.....we really have no idea what is going on...works when you are winning....not so much when you lose....his daily practice reports are "the guys worked hard today and we got a lot done".....the "opponent this week is great...".... MM got chippy yesterday when he refused to answer any detailed questions regarding the Washington game....said it was behind him and they were looking forward.....okey dokey.
Jon, is that you?

Not so fast, I do not believe he has to sit out a year after being Dismissed. Why is Carrington already playing for Utah? I believe there was some changes in some rules based on dismissals and not playing at all this year. I bet he is at CSU by next month.
Carrington graduated.

Back