What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am a Buff. I will always root for CU over UT. even if CU was 0-11 and UT was 11-0 and about to go to the national championship if they won, I would root for Colorado.

However, I do like Texas a good amount as well (thats where 95% of my friends went to school, I grew up in Austin, still live here now, I've been to almost every home game the last 4 or 5 years etc.....)

The difference is I dont really care that they lost anymore today. However, I am still upset that Colorado lost 3 weeks ago.

I am a Buff. I will always root for CU over UT. even if CU was 0-11 and UT was 11-0 and about to go to the national championship if they won, I would root for Colorado.

However, I do like Texas a good amount as well (thats where 95% of my friends went to school, I grew up in Austin, still live here now, I've been to almost every home game the last 4 or 5 years etc.....)

The difference is I dont really care that they lost anymore today. However, I am still upset that Colorado lost 3 weeks ago.

If UT was my #2 team (with my Buffs as a clear #1), I think I'd be catatonic today after watching The Weasel destroy the Longhorns. I'm like that with Penn State. Hang in there, man.

This is me with The U. I grew up 4 blocks from campus and went to home games for like most of my life.

Though I do live in Colorado now. Ha ha.

The question that is important is..... is Dirftwood outside of Austin? And if so, have you ever eaten at The Salt Lick? Was it any good? The brisket looks amazing.

The question that is important is..... is Dirftwood outside of Austin? And if so, have you ever eaten at The Salt Lick? Was it any good? The brisket looks amazing.

For another Austin Buff, yes, and sort of yes. Driftwood is southwest of Austin, and the Salt Lick has another pit by the Dell Diamond in Round Rock. They bring the same wood from Driftwood up to RR, and the brisket (along with everything else) is out of this world. Hands down, I think Texas BBQ is the best of all that I've tried (KC and Memphis.) Do have to admit, I have yet to try BBQ from a Carolina Pit.

Oh wow, that rhymed!:smile2::lol:

I recommend the chopped beef sandwich. The bread is orange from the grease/sauce combo by the time it gets to your table. Sauce is pretty damn good too.

I don't need to tell you what happens when you get home from dinner, but that's a price I'm willing to pay for great BBQ.

Oh, and to pile on: hahahaha early season loss

I was happy to see the longhorns lose on Saturday. I used to be a longhorn fan as I grew up in Austin. I went to UT games as a kid and followed the team during the McWilliams and Makovic era. Remember when you could get tickets the day of the game for 15$ outside the stadium. Even while at CU and right after I graduated I would still root for the longhorns unless they were playing CU.

Once I got out of the Army and moved back to Austin after living in Germany I was shocked at the arrogance of the entire town and fanbase - The newspapers and radio shows hold long grudges and still are upset over the 2001 Big XII championship game and losing Darrell Scott in recruiting. Listening and reading the local media reaction to realignment was the final nail in the coffin for me that turned me off of the whole program.

Now I enjoy seeing the burnt orange nation get a good ass whipping by a mediocure at best PAC 10 team. I've never waivered from being a die hard buff fan but until this past year Texas was a solid number two team. Now there is only 1 team that I care about and that is the way it will be from here on out. No other team gets any love but the Buffs whether we are 3-9 or 9-3.

Last edited:

Salt Lick is amazing. My favorite BBQ in Texas.

For some reason, people in TX bag on Rudy's even though it's really good, too. I think the fact that it is now a chain pisses some folks off. I ate at the Rudy's in Co Springs yesterday and it is damn good, too. Gonna have to go back there. Definitely the best BBQ I've found in CO.

Texas played "pink" on Saturday. I wonder how that will work when they enter Lincoln? They will get their asses handed to them if they don't toughen up quickly, forget the Red River showdown.

UT plain got whooped. Given how some, not all UT fans (I'm looking at you Turduardo), have whined and bitched about CU and NU leaving the Mack 10, I am still laughing my *** off.

Salt Lick is amazing. My favorite BBQ in Texas.

For some reason, people in TX bag on Rudy's even though it's really good, too. I think the fact that it is now a chain pisses some folks off. I ate at the Rudy's in Co Springs yesterday and it is damn good, too. Gonna have to go back there. Definitely the best BBQ I've found in CO.

Have you ever ate at Nordy's up off the Loveland exit? THey have a great lunch buffet with brisket, pork shoulder, sausage, and chopped chicken (too much sauce for me) and great bean and potato salad. I will have to go down to Rudys as that is much closer to Castle Rock than Nordy's.

UT plain got whooped. Given how some, not all UT fans (I'm looking at you Turduardo), have whined and bitched about CU and NU leaving the Mack 10, I am still laughing my *** off.

I loved how the after game commentators where showing the UT highlights and one said 'Well, I guess Texas had a good reason for not wanting to go to the Pac-10!'

Back