What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Game thread- #23 (NET rankings) Men's bball ends their regular season at #85 (NET) Utah (Sat., 3/7, 12:30 PM MT, Pac 12 Networks)

Very frustrating game and series of games.

I hate it when we see the same script play out and we lose games that as fans we feel like we should win. The offensive dead periods, the failures on defense to adjust to less than spectacular players having spectacular games.

I'm still a Tad supporter though, I'd like to see him adjust some things but after this long I don't think he will. Still I highly doubt that if Tad left we would find a coach who gives us a better team and he does it with class and integrity.

This team is as talented a team as we have seen for a long time, maybe ever, in Boulder but honestly we are not head and shoulders above the other teams we play, we have to earn every win we get, even against lower level teams in our league.

In that context confidence is an important factor and right now we don't have it. We shouldn't be losing to teams like Utah but we had enough bad play on both ends of the floor to keep them in it and we missed enough shots that should have gone down to give them the opportunity they needed.

You can easily argue that the refs cost us this game but lousy officiating isn't anything new to the PAC. When you need a win you have to make sure you have enough margin that a few officials calls don't put you in position to lose, we didn't do that today.

This is still one of the best teams we have had at CU. At this point I'm not counting on it but if we can get a couple wins in the conference tourney not only would it be important for NCAA seeding but if the team can regain some confidence it wouldn't shock me to see them win a couple in the NCAA.

That’s not what folks have said in other threads about CU’s previous seasons. Many people have said that we’ve had successful non NCAA years when the team wins 20+ games or does well in the NIT. I am curious about expectations. Do people expect more from this season; or, is this season already a success? I can see both sides. Asked what other would think.
I’m talking about this season...they did not finish well...I thought they would get bounced in the first round a week or so ago..,they should make the dance but will likely face a team better than Stanford, Cal, Utah, OSU...if they don’t get a conference tourney win, I wouldn’t be shocked if they didn’t get a bid...and it would be a disappointing epic collapse.

if they don’t get a conference tourney win, I wouldn’t be shocked if they didn’t get a bid...and it would be a disappointing epic collapse.
Can’t say that around here ... total heresy. Even though all the math is pointing that way ... a mid 30s NET, high 40s BPI and 5 game losing streak? No problem. We’re a lock!

Can’t say that around here ... total heresy. Even though all the math is pointing that way ... a mid 30s NET, high 40s BPI and 5 game losing streak? No problem. We’re a lock!

50 bucks says we are in. You game?

Well ... if you guys agree to this wager, there will be plenty of witnesses. So what Seattle ... are you game or what? Care to put your money where your mouth is?

giphy.gif

It’s like you don’t get math. There are 42 at large bids. NET ranking is the metric the committee is supposed to go off of.... mid 30s <42 so we get an at large bids. Let’s say 5 teams at a minimum of the top 42 win their leage, that opens up another 5 at large bids. So mid 30s would be outside of the last 12 teams to get it... 9 seed at worst

Because I am curious about what other people think. It’s interesting because the person who said FU said that the team is going to fall flat on its face in the NCAA tournament. I guess I find it interesting that this person couldn’t just ignore or answer. But anyway... thanks for nothing!
Ok then ... Failing to make the NCAAs would be the last straw of an epic collapse, turning an otherwise disappointing season overall into a disaster.

Last edited:
It’s like you don’t get math. There are 42 at large bids. NET ranking is the metric the committee is supposed to go off of.... mid 30s <42 so we get an at large bids. Let’s say 5 teams at a minimum of the top 42 win their leage, that opens up another 5 at large bids. So mid 30s would be outside of the last 12 teams to get it... 9 seed at worst
It’s like you don’t get history. Last year, Clemson was 35 and NC State was 33 ... AND DIDN’T GET IN. Played in a strong conference. Neither team finished with a 5-game losing streak. And this year is more wide open than last year.

I’ve never said we aren’t getting in. Not once. What I have said is that we aren’t a LOCK. Ive also said that if we lose in the first round in Vegas, we MIGHT still get in ... but we’re far from a lock right now.

Well ... if you guys agree to this wager, there will be plenty of witnesses. So what Seattle ... are you game or what? Care to put your money where your mouth is?
I said on here months ago, I’ve never bet money against the Buffs and never will.

I actually lost sleep over this one. What an epic swing of emotions at the end of the game. I still cannot believe the official bailed the Utes out. Mother ****ers. I haven’t hated an official this much since Clete Blackmon or the Arizona officials who punched us in the Chen.

However bad any of us feel, the players, coaches and Tad feel 10x worse.
I sure hope they can turn this around, win at least 2 in the P12 tourney at least 1 at the dance.

I actually lost sleep over this one. What an epic swing of emotions at the end of the game. I still cannot believe the official bailed the Utes out. Mother ****ers. I haven’t hated an official this much since Clete Blackmon or the Arizona officials who punched us in the Chen.
That was a total non-call. The ute guy pushed his feet out towards MW, as he came down, to cause the problem. A totally unnatural physical move

However bad any of us feel, the players, coaches and Tad feel 10x worse.
I sure hope they can turn this around, win at least 2 in the P12 tourney at least 1 at the dance.
No doubt true. But I’m way more interested in ‘feeling bad’ motivating improvement than how they’re feeling.

Of course this dumbass makes an appearance in a game thread after a loss.

He should come back.
Hard to say.

He potentially goes late first round according to some projections. He's got the length, bounce, and potentially the shot to be a nice D and 3 wing. He stays in school and plays ~1000 minutes and develops there. He goes to the league and may well get that many minutes, and a paycheck.

Bey is a nice player, don't get me wrong. He has done very well when he has been matched up against typical college players. But throughout his career, he has tended to get eaten up by top-level opponents. In other words, when he gets matched up against an NBA-level player, he doesn't tend to do very well. One more year of getting bigger and stronger in college may be just the thing that puts him over the top.

Bey is a nice player, don't get me wrong. He has done very well when he has been matched up against typical college players. But throughout his career, he has tended to get eaten up by top-level opponents. In other words, when he gets matched up against an NBA-level player, he doesn't tend to do very well. One more year of getting bigger and stronger in college may be just the thing that puts him over the top.

I am hopeful Tyler Bey comes back even though it seems likely he's gone, and I've been as critical of him at times as anyone. But, he went toe to toe with probable player of the year and likely top 5 draft pick Obi Toppin and more than held his own. In fact, he did so twice if you count the NIT game last year. His bigger issue was not playing down to the level of the competition. The only time he looked overmatched was against Zeke Nnaji, and that is the type of guy he will never guard at the next level.

Back