What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Game thread- #23 (NET rankings) Men's bball ends their regular season at #85 (NET) Utah (Sat., 3/7, 12:30 PM MT, Pac 12 Networks)

If (in the extremely remote and unlikely chance that) Colorado misses the NCAA Men’s BBall tournament this season, is this season a success or a failure?
Abject failure. Not even close. That we would even see that as a possibility is a failure.

Today was an exception. Running a play out of a timeout has never been Tad's strong suit.

He did a pretty good job in setting up Schwartz for the winning shot against Dayton, didn't he?

But in general I agree with you. IMO our weakness is not having a strong second guard who can bring the ball up-court without turning it over. We can't expect Kin to be the only one who can do that ... and he sometimes turns it over because we depend on him too much.

Lots of blame to go around in this one.

Bey did his usual disappearing on defense routine.

Schwartz couldn't hit the broad side of the planet if he fell down

Refs were their usual bad, but the call at the end was correct. Gach had no where to land, Kin's left foot was completely under him, splitting his feet. Right call.

Kin - besides the winning foul, absolutely cannot miss that 1 and 1.

Tad - where do I start.
Played zone for 3 defensive trips - Utah scores 0 pts. Tad the proceeds to call 0 more zones for the rest of the game.
6'6" pg ruining kin on defense, tad neither switches his man or goes back to zone. Yet another of the career games had by an opponent because tad does nothing to stop him.
Running clock with an 8 pt lead and 4:50 left on the clock.
Refusal to go inside for the last 6 mins of the game.
Leaving Schwartz in the game. I never thought I'd say this, but Parquet and Daniel's should get his minutes. He is broken on O and D.

This season is no longer special. Has the possibility to get downright embarrassing.

He did a pretty good job in setting up Schwartz for the winning shot against Dayton, didn't he?

But in general I agree with you. IMO our weakness is not having a strong second guard who can bring the ball up-court without turning it over. We can't expect Kin to be the only one who can do that ... and he sometimes turns it over because we depend on him too much.

That wasn't off of a timeout, and Bey made a great pass to Schwartz after he got doubled down low.

No, Schwartz didn't get the ball on the game winning shot on a set play.
Also, CU should have beaten Dayton in regulation, but Kin missed free throws. Same thing happened today. This team isn't clutch. Too many missed opportunities in the latter part of games.

Well, on the bright side everyone will be back next year, Bartholemy will give us a compliment to Kin, and Kountz will have transferred opening a slot for a JUCO big to take some pressure off Battey and Bey.

Well, on the bright side everyone will be back next year, Bartholemy will give us a compliment to Kin, and Kountz will have transferred opening a slot for a JUCO big to take some pressure off Battey and Bey.
Yeah... There's always next year.

Everyone other than 50ish% of our 3 ot shooting...

Oh, and BTW, Utah's starting PG didn't play ... if Kin didn't play for us, we'd be lucky to get to the CBI.

This team is broken clean in half. ANY of you people who still think we're a lock for the Dance now are straight up delusional. We're looking down the barrel of another Q2 or potentially Q3 loss Thursday in Vegas, a mid 30s NET at best and a five-game losing streak. We were #30 in BPI before this game. The committee ain't putting that team in.

And don't give me the ****ing Dayton win ... UW beat Baylor, Utah beat Kentucky, UNLV beat SDSU, SFA beat Duke. Any of those teams getting in as at-large bids?

Last edited:
Even if we lose our first game in the Pac12 tournament we're still in as a 9 or 10 seed
Not that I think we’re actually at-risk of missing the Dance - but 9 or 10 seed is near bottom for big time conferences. The rest of the slots are taken by small-time conference entries.

Lots of blame to go around in this one.

Bey did his usual disappearing on defense routine.

Schwartz couldn't hit the broad side of the planet if he fell down

Refs were their usual bad, but the call at the end was correct. Gach had no where to land, Kin's left foot was completely under him, splitting his feet. Right call.

Kin - besides the winning foul, absolutely cannot miss that 1 and 1.

Tad - where do I start.
Played zone for 3 defensive trips - Utah scores 0 pts. Tad the proceeds to call 0 more zones for the rest of the game.
6'6" pg ruining kin on defense, tad neither switches his man or goes back to zone. Yet another of the career games had by an opponent because tad does nothing to stop him.
Running clock with an 8 pt lead and 4:50 left on the clock.
Refusal to go inside for the last 6 mins of the game.
Leaving Schwartz in the game. I never thought I'd say this, but Parquet and Daniel's should get his minutes. He is broken on O and D.

This season is no longer special. Has the possibility to get downright embarrassing.
The call at the end was bull ****. You don’t decide the game on that. The shooter also kicked his legs out and he landed just fine. Even the announcers couldn’t believe it. That said, as I said during the game, we lead the universe in fouling three point shooters. We’ve done it 15 times this season. They scored 6 points off of those today.

I’d hate to be the team who has to play us in the PAC-12 tourney. What a bum draw for them.

Are we still a lock for the tourney? Hard to lose potentially 5 straight and still get in

Yes. That's how ****ing good we were. We were a lock then have gone 1 and 4 or 5.
We are not a lock. All the math, rankings, current landscape and history says so. Only the ****ing sunshine pumpers on here say we are. Win one in Vegas and we’re in. We *might* get in even if we lose, but we are NOT a lock.

We are not a lock. All the math, rankings, current landscape and history says so. Only the ****ing sunshine pumpers on here say we are. Win one in Vegas and we’re in. We *might* get in even if we lose, but we are NOT a lock.
We were a 6 seed till this loss. You live in a fantasy land of negativity. I like that.

Understand, but can’t see why you need a poll to see how CU fans are feeling about the season.
Because I am curious about what other people think. It’s interesting because the person who said FU said that the team is going to fall flat on its face in the NCAA tournament. I guess I find it interesting that this person couldn’t just ignore or answer. But anyway... thanks for nothing!

100% would say not a good finish...
That’s not what folks have said in other threads about CU’s previous seasons. Many people have said that we’ve had successful non NCAA years when the team wins 20+ games or does well in the NIT. I am curious about expectations. Do people expect more from this season; or, is this season already a success? I can see both sides. Asked what other would think.

Back