What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Game thread- Women's Basketball hosting UCLA- 2:00 MT

The final score of the game was the result of CU not being able to get stops when they had gained a lead or tie combined with the call that went against Jamee late in the game. Both teams struggled to stop each other as witnessed by the fact that both teams hit over 50% from the floor for the game. But UCLA was able to get a few more stops late in the game as well as respond to CU's runs by getting baskets when the Buffs gained the lead - multiple times. And for the first time in a while they lost not in great part to turnovers, but to consistently poor defense. Yes, CU was able to score a ton of points as UCLA's zone was like a sieve with Jen Reese and Haley Smith taking advantage with a gazzillion mid-range jumpers. But it was UCLA that would be able to get stops and rebounds late in the game to put it away.

I have to hand it to the Buffs fro coming back from a 21 point first half deficit. As others have stated, there was no quit in the Buffs today. There was intensity and desire.

All good points. Ok, I'm back on the bandwagon here. Let's make some waves the rest of the way.

is it really likely we can land some JUCO players??? That truly could help immediately but have we ever had a JUCO womens basketball player? I can't recall one.

I'm hoping for a big turnaround. If next year is awful, though, is a coaching change needed?? Come on Buffs, let's turn this around!!

The final score of the game was the result of CU not being able to get stops when they had gained a lead or tie combined with the call that went against Jamee late in the game. Both teams struggled to stop each other as witnessed by the fact that both teams hit over 50% from the floor for the game. But UCLA was able to get a few more stops late in the game as well as respond to CU's runs by getting baskets when the Buffs gained the lead - multiple times. And for the first time in a while they lost not in great part to turnovers, but to consistently poor defense. Yes, CU was able to score a ton of points as UCLA's zone was like a sieve with Jen Reese and Haley Smith taking advantage with a gazzillion mid-range jumpers. But it was UCLA that would be able to get stops and rebounds late in the game to put it away.

I have to hand it to the Buffs fro coming back from a 21 point first half deficit. As others have stated, there was no quit in the Buffs today. There was intensity and desire.

In addition to the charge called on Jamee in the waning moments that could have gone either way, there was also a blatant travel on the UCLA inbounds play that followed that call. The Buffs did a great job on defense on that inbounds and the inbounds pass went to UCLA's worst option... Corinnne Costa their post player who isn't one you want handling the ball if you are UCLA. She was close to being trapped in the corner but took a couple of steps while clutching the ball to get some space to pass. Unfortunately for the Buffs, no ref saw her travel (I'm being kind to the refs here) in spite of the fact that those of us seated in that area were loudly calling it to their attention!

And, Buffs end up losing 90 -84. Still a nice character comeback for the Buffs after being down by as much as 20-21 in the 1st half. Proud of the way they kept fighting.

They do need to start off quicker- they always seem to get WAY down in the score and offense sputters for the first 5-10 minutes of games.

WBB has now lost seven of their last eight no matter how you cut it that is just really bad.

Back