What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Game Week - CSU

wait its a P12N game? I thought it was going to be on CBSSports or something?

another season of watching ****ty streams.. damn DTV
Unless it gets picked up by a big network, when CU is the home team it is on Pac-12 and when the Rams are the home team it is on CBS Sports Net.

So do we have a depth chart for the game? I looked on cubuffs.com, but the site is so slow with all the ads and content, it is virtually un-navigable. I did a search and found last year's depth chart, that was very helpful.

Wouldn't expect them to release it anytime before they have to. Also when they do going to see a lot of the or listings so they don't have to commit to anyone. CSU had the advantage of a game to work out the kinks, CU isn't going to give up the advantage of surprise in terms of who is starting. Even though with all the packages and situational substitution the depth chart isn't all that useful anyways.

So do we have a depth chart for the game? I looked on cubuffs.com, but the site is so slow with all the ads and content, it is virtually un-navigable. I did a search and found last year's depth chart, that was very helpful.

They released one last week. I really doubt it changes much between then and game time. The starters have been pretty set for awhile.

Wouldn't expect them to release it anytime before they have to. Also when they do going to see a lot of the or listings so they don't have to commit to anyone. CSU had the advantage of a game to work out the kinks, CU isn't going to give up the advantage of surprise in terms of who is starting. Even though with all the packages and situational substitution the depth chart isn't all that useful anyways.

DH2Y3T5UwAEmTyv

Mtn, they are not trying to hide much of anything.

Now seeing the LB corps I'm a little more concerned than I was during camp. I'm expecting some things to change there and have more of a rotation. Honestly, I haven't seen much but based on previous observations and some camp reports I have a feeling we may not get the pressure we are used to or had last year.

Offense:
1. focus on establishing that ground game first and foremost. I don't believe CSU is deep enough up front, nor fast enough at the LBs to handle our ground game, which will include those quick passes to the outside. We are deep enough at WR, and athletic enough with Montez, to create some problems there. Can CSU handle the zone-read with a stud like Montez running it? I see this as a big problem for CSU. Hat-tip to Duff here.
2. Their DBs are prone to mistakes, that OSU failed to capitalize on except perhaps 1 time. Expect Lindgren to have designs here.
3. We score often if Montez can make good decisions and we avoid turnovers.

Defense:
1. Can we pressure Stevens without bringing extras? He is not a threat to run it.
2. Can we hold up to their power running attack, especially the Fullback leading into the hole to take on our LBs? (I respect their stable of RBs who show both power and agility. But every RB needs a little seam, which they did not get in this game last year).
3. Will expect CSU to attack with TE drags that were so effective (by Michigan), play action, and lots of fullback led running plays.
3. Can our DC make necessary adjustments? I am not concerned about game-planning as I know this was always HCMM's area. But in game adjustments?

Special Teams:
Kickoffs will be a non factor. Both sides should bury the ball into the end zone.
Punts, avoid big-play mistakes.

DH2Y3T5UwAEmTyv

A lot less ties than I had expected to see and as I mentioned doesn't say much anyways. How many plays a game are all 11 guys on the field the ones listed as first team on the depth chart? I would guess a fairly small number.

A lot less ties than I had expected to see and as I mentioned doesn't say much anyways. How many plays a game are all 11 guys on the field the ones listed as first team on the depth chart? I would guess a fairly small number.

That depth chart tells you who is going to play a lot, it tells you plenty.

Offense:
1. focus on establishing that ground game first and foremost. I don't believe CSU is deep enough up front, nor fast enough at the LBs to handle our ground game, which will include those quick passes to the outside. We are deep enough at WR, and athletic enough with Montez, to create some problems there. Can CSU handle the zone-read with a stud like Montez running it? I see this as a big problem for CSU. Hat-tip to Duff here.
2. Their DBs are prone to mistakes, that OSU failed to capitalize on except perhaps 1 time. Expect Lindgren to have designs here.
3. We score often if Montez can make good decisions and we avoid turnovers.

Defense:
1. Can we pressure Stevens without bringing extras? He is not a threat to run it.
2. Can we hold up to their power running attack, especially the Fullback leading into the hole to take on our LBs? (I respect their stable of RBs who show both power and agility. But every RB needs a little seam, which they did not get in this game last year).
3. Will expect CSU to attack with TE drags that were so effective (by Michigan), play action, and lots of fullback led running plays.
3. Can our DC make necessary adjustments? I am not concerned about game-planning as I know this was always HCMM's area. But in game adjustments?

Special Teams:
Kickoffs will be a non factor. Both sides should bury the ball into the end zone.
Punts, avoid big-play mistakes.

Good post. I would expand on that last point to say we need Kinney to set a standard early this season that he can be an effective punter because we need him to help the defense with field position.

Good post. I would expand on that last point to say we need Kinney to set a standard early this season that he can be an effective punter because we need him to help the defense with field position.
Anyone who's been to the scrimmages and seen him punt this year, are they going with the Rugby style or traditional?

At this point, if you still have DTV, you are not a Buffs fan, you are an NFL Fan first. Quit bitchin'!

I live in a rural part of town, no cable or dish or anything else. The only high speed internet options are DSL (not fios) and satellite, so the streaming tv is questionable at best.

Dish is a satellite service. You know that right?

You can get Hughesnet internet, DISH doesn't offer TV here. You can't even get DSL here anymore, I got lucky on that one. Cable is a no go unless I pay them to run it down the street a couple thousand feet at the cost of a few thousand dollars.

Trust me, I've tried it all. My BIL works for frontier, I've tried to get him drunk enough to do it, but he always says some stupid **** like "I'd get fired." Worthless.

and my DSL is so **** I've been told by computer people the streaming tv would be garbage.

6577944239.png

never live in the unincorporated area people. never.

DH2Y3T5UwAEmTyv

If we have a year like 2015 with injuries on the OL, how do we like a couple of our back ups? We don't seem that deep on 2nd team, one Jr. on the whole unit with limited experience behind the 1st team?

Is it just me, or are we not that deep behind our 1st team OL? We have one Jr. on the OL, and he hasn't played that much?
If we have a year like 2015 with injuries on the OL, how do we like a couple of our 2nd teamers?
Supposedly both Kaiser and Middlemiss made huge jumps in fall camp, especially Kaiser. And Tonz is supposed to be a player (and he should have been at OG from the day he got to Boulder). But I agree that it's not a lot of experienced depth.

Back