What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Games thread- MEN'S bball ends regular season on the road @ Oregon (Thursday, 3/7/24, 7:00 PM MT; ESPN2) & OSU (Saturday, 3:00 PM MT; Pac-12 Networks)

I always get a lot of laughs from game threads. Most of the negativity is just passionate fans using AB to vent their frustration/ anxiety/ stress.

There weren't a lot of over the top "hot takes" outside of the slow start making some people decide that the world had ended.

One thing about the game last night is just giving props to the entire team and Tad for putting it together. Certain players had awesome games, but the others chipped in with them. Oregon had some big athletic guys, and CU matched them on the boards. We overcame 13 TO's to their 8. Although shaky in spots, I thought the overall defensive effort was good. OR was 7-24 from 3, and many of those were defended. Finally, although it may not have been pretty, we iced the game in the final minutes. We did it was 5 3/4 guys given the heavy minutes of the starters. Lampkin played 32, which is huge for a big. You need all of that for a good road win in conference.

Let's close out the regular season with Ore St.

One thing about the game last night was just giving props to the entire team and Tad for putting it together. Certain players had awesome games, but the others chipped in with them. Oregon had some big athletic guys, and CU matched them on the boards. We overcame 13 TO's to their 8. Although shaky in spots, I thought the overall defensive effort was good. OR was 7-24 from 3, and many of those were defended. Finally, although it may not have been pretty, we iced the game in the final minutes. You need all of that for a good road win in conference.
I thought we did a nice job on the glass and with perimeter defense. The latter especially tough since 2 of our primary rotation perimeter players were out.

One thing I wasn't happy about and has been a problem for this team all season is we gave up too many easy points off secondary break. We can't allow cheap baskets when the opponent pushes up court after a CU make. It's infuriating because it's so easily preventable if they're focused and paying attention.

I always get a lot of laughs from game threads. Most of the negativity is just passionate fans using AB to vent their frustration/ anxiety/ stress.

There weren't a lot of over the top "hot takes" outside of the slow start making some people decide that the world had ended.

After a big win it's usually appropriate to at least acknowledge relief or some level of happiness though. Unless you're wound tighter that than a snare drum...

What to these numbers represent from our last 11 box scores?
1709924825172.png

KJ Minutes. The dude is ridiculous. Also had 40 minutes in the first ASU game and 39 in the first Washington game. I'm not even concerned about him playing 40 minutes anymore.

I thought we did a nice job on the glass and with perimeter defense. The latter especially tough since 2 of our primary rotation perimeter players were out.

One thing I wasn't happy about and has been a problem for this team all season is we gave up too many easy points off secondary break. We can't allow cheap baskets when the opponent pushes up court after a CU make. It's infuriating because it's so easily preventable if they're focused and paying attention.
We still get into periods of defense where we're swinging gates on penetration as well. Spurts of layup after layup. I watch Tad and he just shakes his head and walks back to the bench in those moments.

View attachment 70315

KJ Minutes. The dude is ridiculous. Also had 40 minutes in the first ASU game and 39 in the first Washington game. I'm not even concerned about him playing 40 minutes anymore.
Cody and Julian need to sack the F up. Sorry, it's true.

We still get into periods of defense where we're swinging gates on penetration as well. Spurts of layup after layup. I watch Tad and he just shakes his head and walks back to the bench in those moments.
Some of that is failure to adjust when the switch rules change based on whether Eddie is in. But, damn do we make it easy for teams to turn the corner for stretches.

View attachment 70315

I seem to remember Kin doing something similar at the end of his sr. season - neither one of them willing to come off the court

View attachment 70315

Colorado is effectively in the post season in the sense that every win matters. Gotta ride with the PAC-12 player of the year.

View attachment 70315

Not even to mention the pace and intensity he plays at that normally would cap a guy at fewer minutes.

He doesn't quite play with the reckless abandon that Robert Pack did as the Nuggs backup PG, but KJ's pace feels like a guy who is only needed 15 mpg, yet he's constantly out there.

I’m not seeing a line posted for the game tomorrow. There should be one, right?

Beavs took out the Utes in what looked like a 1/4 full arena yesterday.

Buffs gonna have to create their own energy tomorrow.

I’m not seeing a line posted for the game tomorrow. There should be one, right?

Beavs took out the Utes in what looked like a 1/4 full arena yesterday.

Buffs gonna have to create their own energy tomorrow.
Ideally, their win over Utah was them shooting their nut and that it also served as a wake-up call for our Buffs to take them seriously.

KJ out this team on his back at the start of this win streak. Every time we start falling off in a game, as has been this teams tendency, he doubles down and lifts them past it. We’ll see if it’s enough to get into the dance soon enough, but he’s hopefully opening some NBA eyes further. Competitive fire is hard to coach, you usually have it or you don’t.

I feel great about our chances if we win our next 2 games. Ok if we win one. Likely no chance if we lose both. Some will depend on the rest of the bubble and bid stealers.

I didn't watch the entire game last night, but every bad stretch I saw was when Oregon moved to a press defense. Some of our guys seem completely incapable of passing out of a double-team. Seems to happen often and it's infuriating.

Oregon hit a lot of crazy shots to start, only reason I’d figured we’d come back and a lot of buffs deflections that ended right back up in a ducks players hands.

That Dante play where he lost the handle, palmed the ball on the floor and rose and hit a shot clock beating jumper I was like alright this sort of thing is not sustainable.

Overall I thought the D was a lot better. Shelstad hit a lot of crazy 1:1 Kemba walker type shots. Like zero passes just my guy out juking your guy.

That’s a part of what made last nights win even more impressive is we won while Oregon was playing out of their minds for a bit last night.

Ideally, their win over Utah was them shooting their nut and that it also served as a wake-up call for our Buffs to take them seriously.
I feel really good about this game tomorrow after what I heard on KOA last night after the game. This team knows what this game tomorrow means.

Think bigger than just getting in. This team has the talent to get to the second weekend of the tournament.

Last edited:
I was thinking a lot last night “KJ’s off tonight, he’s not being as aggressive as he usually is, Shelstad’s outplaying him” … and then you look at the box score and he’s got 17/6/6. Dude is so special … that was a quiet game for him. If somehow we manage to keep him next year (I know, not gonna happen), he’ll surpass Kin as the greatest Buff since Chauncey for me.

Not even to mention the pace and intensity he plays at that normally would cap a guy at fewer minutes.

He doesn't quite play with the reckless abandon that Robert Pack did as the Nuggs backup PG, but KJ's pace feels like a guy who is only needed 15 mpg, yet he's constantly out there.

Thumbs up for the Robert Pack reference.

What’s the likelihood that Cody is out vs OSU? 95%? I can imagine that making the NCAA tourney, and actually playing in it, will only improve his draft stock. Even though his injuries have been minor, the amount he has missed could be a check against him.

Although, I’m sure OKC would LOVE to grab him at 10-12!

What’s the likelihood that Cody is out vs OSU? 95%? I can imagine that making the NCAA tourney, and actually playing in it, will only improve his draft stock. Even though his injuries have been minor, the amount he has missed could be a check against him.

Although, I’m sure OKC would LOVE to grab him at 10-12!

season 4 GIF

Ok, now *this* one is the biggest game in the last 4-5 years. No let down, and you gotta figure we punch our ticket, no matter what happens in Vegas. No ****ing way they leave a mid 20s NET team out. Get it done! SKO Buffs!

Back