What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Games thread-MEN'S bball hosts CSU (Thurs., 12/8/22 7:00 MT, ESPN2), No. Alabama (Thurs., 12/15 6:30 MT, Pac 12 Net.) and UNC (Sun.,3:00, Pac 12 Net.)

It's a low energy walkover the refs have decided to take over. Less than 8 minutes into the half & 14 fouls called. Buffs up 14.

LL just took the rebound from TDS to cost TDS his first career double-double. Of course I doubt he had any idea.

It's all mentality with him. It certainly not a physical tools problem
I believe it to be both. Even when he wills himself to attempt something on offense, he’s frequently blocked, or horribly out of position. Not to mention he has roughly 6 months to figure it out before he’s recruited over.

He
I believe it to be both. Even when he wills himself to attempt something on offense, he’s frequently blocked, or horribly out of position. Not to mention he has roughly 6 months to figure it out before he’s recruited over.
He's not getting recruited over. He learned how to play good defense in one year. If he focuses on offense, it will come. The talent is there

He

He's not getting recruited over. He learned how to play good defense in one year. If he focuses on offense, it will come. The talent is there
I believe if he doesn’t figure it out sooner than not, Diop and Hurlburt both pass him by

• Haha
Reactions: '99
Sometimes you hear BB people say, 'he's only 19, but he's a man.'
Most all of the Buffs, are still kids finding their way. LL for sure. He will be good.

For her, it's not even that. She doesn't like Jokic either. It drives her crazy when basketball players don't maximize their gifts by having a body like vintage Sean Kenp.

So . . . how was the gym this morning?

I believe if he doesn’t figure it out sooner than not, Diop and Hurlburt both pass him by

The little I have seen of Hurlburt, he isnt passing LL anytime soon. Not to say he wont be a solid player, but barring some miracle, he will play behind LL till he graduates. With a Hurlburt redshirt year this year, you are setting up a pretty good pipeline to let them grow into the role needed.

The little I have seen of Hurlburt, he isnt passing LL anytime soon. Not to say he wont be a solid player, but barring some miracle, he will play behind LL till he graduates. With a Hurlburt redshirt year this year, you are setting up a pretty good pipeline to let them grow into the role needed.
Hurlburt can shoot. I think this redshirt year will be good for him. He needs to get in the weight room. And he may be a 4, not a 5. In the Siewert mold.

Some things are inevitable: Sunrises, taxes, death, Thanos, questioning Lawson Lovering after Buff games. 🤦‍♂️

And yet there is not a peep about the continued horror shows that are Clifford and Wright.
Ethan Wright has been a huge disappointment to me. Can't shoot, is not rebounding, not a value add for me if he can't do those two things. Replacing him with Williams next year will be a massive upgrade

Yeah, he's probably just a tad better most nights than Wright and Clifford which isn't saying much. We need to start increasing Ruffin and Allen's minutes.
Completely agree. Clifford makes horrible decisions on offense. I really thought he was going to take another step forward this year and be a consistent 10 ppg scorer by knocking down open 3's and finishing around the basket. Not only has his offense regressed, but his rebounding and nose for making plays just isn't there this season. Wright has been a disaster. I've lost count of the number of times he's been unable to stay in front of a driving guard/wing. His rate of actually creating points on a drive has to be less than 25%, usually resulting in him being stuffed or a wild pass back out to the 3 point line. If he's not hitting 3's, his game brings nothing.

Back