What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Games thread- MEN'S BBall hosts Utah (Sat., 2/24/24; 7:00 PM MT; Pac-12), Cal (Wed., 2/28, 6:00 PM; Pac-12) and Stanford (Sun., 7:00 PM; FS1)

Agree but I've been really wrong about NBA prospects before.
I think he has so so much natural skill and basketball IQ, but I think he is a hesitant and non-competitive guy. I have never seen him get angry, or do anything to take control of his situation. That is not a bad thing, but it is something that can and will hold you back from the reaching the peak. He is smooth and cerebral.

His brother has been a slow growth guy too and decided to head to Europe

I think he has so so much natural skill and basketball IQ, but I think he is a hesitant and non-competitive guy. I have never seen him get angry, or do anything to take control of his situation. That is not a bad thing, but it is something that can and will hold you back from the reaching the peak. He is smooth and cerebral.

His brother has been a slow growth guy too and decided to head to Europe

This. I just don't know where he fits on an NBA team. I'd loooooooove to get another Buff player in the NBA, but I think he's just better suited for the European game.

He's going NBA.

EDIT: Whoops. I thought you meant KJ. TDS will get a shot in the G-League, but he'll need to step up the killer instinct.
KJ is moving up draft boards, but will likely be a Fit Pick in the second round, but he could end up on a good team (Nuggets?) as a really good backup point guard.
He has the "it" for close games and is competitive as hell

this team is really gonna have 3 draft picks huh

edit: also wild to see Dalton Knecht and Bobi Klintman in the first round, what could have been if we even had one or two more pieces

Last edited:
This. I just don't know where he fits on an NBA team. I'd loooooooove to get another Buff player in the NBA, but I think he's just better suited for the European game.
NBA teams don't ask much from role players. If TDS can hit 35-40% of his open 3's off kick outs and play passable defense, he'll play ten years on the league.

He's not going to be asked to create his own shot or drive past anyone.

KJ is moving up draft boards, but will likely be a Fit Pick in the second round, but he could end up on a good team (Nuggets?) as a really good backup point guard.
He has the "it" for close games and is competitive as hell
I comp hom to Jalen Brunson. Brunson is more sturdy, but they are both shorter, not particularly bouncy point guards.

NBA teams don't ask much from role players. If TDS can hit 35-40% of his open 3's off kick outs and play passable defense, he'll play ten years on the league.

He's not going to be asked to create his own shot or drive past anyone.
Then he cannot be a first-round pick with those expectations.
His future is so unpredictable and I hope he plays his best ball the next 3-6 weeks
Just feels like a cerebral guy that plays for fun and not cause his life depends on it
Are his parents wealthy?

Reactions: GRM
I comp hom to Jalen Brunson. Brunson is more sturdy, but they are both shorter, not particularly bouncy point guards.

Good comp, KJ needs to get that man muscle built up and he appears to have a decent frame for it. I was also thinking about Chris Paul, even though I do not like him as a player, KJ looks like him and needs to keep his mid-range game developing

Then he cannot be a first-round pick with those expectations.
His future is so unpredictable and I hope he plays his best ball the next 3-6 weeks
Just feels like a cerebral guy that plays for fun and not cause his life depends on it
Are his parents wealthy?
That's absolutely the expectation for a late first rounder going to a competitor. You're not honestly expecting anything other than a role player outside the lottery.

Second round picks, you're not even expecting them to make it in the league.

That's absolutely the expectation for a late first rounder going to a competitor. You're not honestly expecting anything other than a role player outside the lottery.

Second round picks, you're not even expecting them to make it in the league.
Especially with the trend the Nuggets are setting. The Warriors failed with their attempt to develop a 2nd age group of stars behind their current one. The path for contenders has become - especially with the cap rules - to lock up a useful young bench that's NBA-ready which can support your championship core. You're not drafting some raw guy based on physical upside in hopes you luck into the next Kawhi. You're looking to add cheap contributors since you can't afford to sign Bruce Brown level vets for your bench. TDS fits this model for someone drafting in the 20+ range.

I didn't even realize the Cal game was tomorrow. I was just kind of assuming the normal Thursday-Saturday schedule, sometimes it becomes a Thursday-Sunday schedule, but Wednesday-Sunday is really weird
Tad was not happy about it when he brought it up in his postgame on Saturday night. Coaches and players at the highest levels absolutely hate scheduling that screws with their season routines. But it's mostly favorable since it screws with Cal & Stanford the same while they also have to deal with it while traveling.

Tad was not happy about it when he brought it up in his postgame on Saturday night. Coaches and players at the highest levels absolutely hate scheduling that screws with their season routines. But it's mostly favorable since it screws with Cal & Stanford the same while they also have to deal with it while traveling.
We better beat Cal. We better beat Cal at home even if we had just our bench players. For the love of...

(Already posted the below yesterday in a duplicate thread I accidentally set up for these games, but wanted to be sure it also gets in this appropriate thread.)

Preview from cubuffs for today's game - https://cubuffs.com/news/2024/2/27/mens-basketball-buffs-host-california-wednesday

"

Buffs Host California Wednesday​

By: Troy Andre, Associate Director/Athletic Communications

Game 28 - California, Wednesday, Feb. 28, 2024
CU Events Center, Boulder, Colo.
Tip:
6:02 p.m. MT
TV: Pac-12 Network (Jacob Tobey, Mike Montgomery)
Watch Online: Pac-12 Now App, Pac-12.com
Radio: KOA 850 AM & 94.1 FM (Mark Johnson, Scott Wilke)
Satellite: Sirius XM 373 & SXM App (Pac12)
Listen Online: CUBuffs.com
Live Statistics:http://statb.us/b/483972

THE BUFFALOES: Colorado is 18-9 overall and tied for fourth place in the Pac-12 Conference at 9-7, one game out of the third spot. The Buffaloes have won their last two and are coming off an 89-65 triumph over Utah on Feb. 24.

Colorado has been spectacular at home, winning 14 of 15 contests. The Buffaloes have averaged 85.4 points while shooting 52 percent from the field and 43 percent from 3-point range. Colorado has outscored the opposition by 16.9 points per game at the CU Events Center while enjoying a rebounding margin of plus-8.7.

Overall, Colorado is one of the top all-around shooting teams in the country, ranking in the top 10 nationally in all three percentage categories: overall field goal, 3-point and free throws. The Buffaloes are seventh in the nation in 3-point percentage (.394), eighth in overall shooting (.496) and 10th from the line (789).

Colorado is the only program in NCAA Division I in the nation's top 10 of all three categories (through games of Feb. 26). Colorado also sports top 50 marks nationally in rebound margin (+7.5, 18th), free throws made (16.8 mpg, 30th), scoring (80.6 ppg, 34th), assists (16.0, 36th) and defensive rebounds (27.3 drpg, 42nd).

Colorado leads the Pac-12 in all three shooting categories as well as rebounding defense (29.9 rpg) while ranking second in rebound margin and scoring margin, third in scoring and defensive rebounds and fourth in assists.

ABOUT THE GOLDEN BEARS: California is 13-15 overall and in sixth place in the Pac-12 at 9-8. The Golden Bears have won three-straight and coming off a home sweep of the Oregon schools last week. California averages 74.9 points per game while shooting 42.7 percent from the field. The Golden Bears are second in the Pac-12 in 3-pointers at 8.8 made per game while ranking eighth in percentage (.345). Defensively, Cal allows 75.8 points per game while opponents shoot 44.4 percent from the field.

Guard Jaylon Tyson leads California at 20.1 points and 3.3 assists per game while grabbing 7.0 rebounds per contest and shooting 48 percent from the field. Forward Fardaws Aimaq leads the Pac-12 and ranks fifth in the nation in rebounding at 11.3 per game. He is second on the team in scoring at 14.7 points per game and his 18 double-doubles on the season lead the Pac-12 and rank fifth nationally. Guard Jalen Cone averages 13.5 points and has a team-best 80 3-point field goals made.

SERIES RECORDS: This will be the 42nd meeting between Colorado and California with the Buffaloes holding a 22-19 lead. California won the season's first meeting, 82-78, in Berkeley on Jan. 10. The Buffaloes hold a 14-2 advantage in Boulder and have won the last six.
"
____________________________________________________________________________________________

And, one from Buffzone/ Pat Rooney -

____________________________________________________________________________________________

Bloody hell. I'm a huge fan of Cody Williams, HUGE fan, but the dude is made of glass. I think it'll go away once he grows into his body, but it does kind of make you wonder.
IMO one of Tad's dumbest moves ever: putting CW back in, in the last game. His ankle should have been in an ice-water bucket from the time he left the court.

It could only hurt to have him using that ankle, and the game was clearly winnable w/o him.

IMO one of Tad's dumbest moves ever: putting CW back in, in the last game. His ankle should have been in an ice-water bucket from the time he left the court.

It could only hurt to have him using that ankle, and the game was clearly winnable w/o him.
I'm sure that since it was a medical decision it wasn't Tad. Often times, the best thing to do with a sprained ankle is to walk it off and then begin ice & treatment after. If the trainer said that and Cody said he wanted to try to work through it, then Tad did what he's supposed to do. Are you suggesting that Tad went against the advice of medical staff and/or against the wishes of the player?

Looks like Cody and Julian are unlikely to play tonight. And Cal is on a role, so it does seem like a trap game.

Back