What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Games thread- MEN'S bball hosts Washington (Thurs., 1/19/23, 7:00 MT; ESPNU) and WSU (Sunday, 4:00 PM MT, ESPNU)

This team is so bipolar. **** on defense, great on offense early. Script has flipped completely.

How is that not a foul with the follow through on the arm swing? 😂 That's ridiculous.
That bleach blonde haired ref made many mistakes in the buffs game. He was the one that called the tec on Tristane after the made 3 too. I was at the Minnesota Gopher- Purdue game last week and he reffed that game and made many terrible calls in that game too.

That bleach blonde haired ref made many mistakes in the buffs game. He was the one that called the tec on Tristane after the made 3 too. I was at the Minnesota Gopher- Purdue game last week and he reffed that game and made many terrible calls in that game too.
The bald ref was also horrible and inconsistent. That sequence where he called javon for a charge inside the arc when the guy flopped then called a flop on us when Julian was braced and got sent flying because he was smaller than the other guy was infuriating.

So many bad touch calls against both teams in the 2d half too

The bald ref was also horrible and inconsistent. That sequence where he called javon for a charge inside the arc when the guy flopped then called a flop on us when Julian was braced and got sent flying because he was smaller than the other guy was infuriating.

So many bad touch calls against both teams in the 2d half too
As long as we're tossing around "horrible" and "inconsistent," Sabatino Chen and I need to mention last night's 3rd referee: our old friend Verne Harris.

Quick notes from yesterday's game:
- Two very mediocre teams went at it. Yes we won, but winning on a last second 3 over that group of stiffs should be very concerning for us all.
- Still asking/looking for that one game where we get some home calls. Pac12 MBB officials are the worst in the nation. I dare anyone to find worse.
- Very good game from Tristan. That said, I stick to my previous observation that TDS feasts on mediocre and bad opponents and loses all confidence against tougher competition
- KJ took over at various points yesterday and that's good. A confident (and yes, sometimes reckless) KJ is what we need the rest of the way if we're going to win games.
- Grateful that Tad might finally be seeing what we've all known for 8-10 games now: Clifford ain't it. If he's not pushed (gently, yet firmly) out the door at the end of the season, I will have lost all respect for Tad.
- We're missing Ruffin more than I think we realize. That dude has an energy, a spark that has become vital to the team. Plus, he and KJ are the only players I trust to shoot 3s at this point.
- Hadley seemed to get off the snide a bit yesterday. Hope it continues.
- Wright sits = good for the team.
- Hoping Gabbidon continues to get back in the flow, if for no other reason in that he can take Wright and Clifford's minutes.
- Starters going forward should be LL, TDS, KJ, Ruffin, and Hadley. LOB, Hammond, Clifford, and Gabbidon off the bench in that order.
- Seeing a best case scenario of a 17-14 finish. We'll be playing Day 1 of the Pac12 Tourney I'm afraid.

One last note, how about Lovering's defense on Gueye last night? Completely shut him down. As a reminder, Gueye put up 18/18 against UCLA and 24/14 against Arizona. Last night he didn't score and had 4 turnovers.
Amazing job doing 1 of his many jobs as a starter
0 points, 0-3 on Free Throws
2 Rebounds
0 Assists
2 Turnovers
3 Fouls
Played only 22 minutes

Everyone on this team has to get better, period, everyone. I will agree with all of you that LL is one of the most dedicated players and is trying to get better, but so many of you have anointed him an automatic starter and a huge part of the present and future. I am still not convinced.
Nique has shown that he is struggling in all phases and thus his minutes went down, and maybe he loses his starting job
I thought that Tristan had easily the best game in a Buff uniform ever, his shot was so smooth and so on the money that without his scoring, we would not have even been in this game, and he played solid defense and only had 2 fouls, so he was not forced to sit and could stay on the floor.

This is exactly the team that goes into that hellhole and wins.
No ****. This is going to be the year we win at Arizona, beat Tennessee on neutral and beat UCLA at home while somehow losing to Grambling St and UMass.

I still think bringing Williams in and bringing in a capable solid PG who can play 15-20 min a night solves a LOT of this team's problems.

No ****. This is going to be the year we win at Arizona, beat Tennessee on neutral and beat UCLA at home while somehow losing to Grambling St and UMass.

I still think bringing Williams in and bringing in a capable solid PG who can play 15-20 min a night solves a LOT of this team's problems.
Or just having Klintman. Sigh.

Does he solve the big problems this year though? Don't get me wrong, having him next year would have been great. But, like Key, I don't think he solves this year's problem(s).
He's playing LOB levels of minutes this year (although that has dropped in conference), and yea, is not an offensive force. Could argue he'd be better for this team on defense though.

Yea, I'm coming around. Where this team is hurting big time is leadership and at the wing. Hopefully Tad and Co fix the first one this season and the 2d one this offseason.

He's playing LOB levels of minutes this year (although that has dropped in conference), and yea, is not an offensive force. Could argue he'd be better for this team on defense though.

Yea, I'm coming around. Where this team is hurting big time is leadership and at the wing. Hopefully Tad and Co fix the first one this season and the 2d one this offseason.
Williams sliding everyone down a slot is going to help. TDS is now your third option instead of first/second. That's better for everyone. I have faith that either Smith or Anderson will be able to step up and play 10-15 minutes per night without making us want to light ourselves on fire. A POINT GUARD WOULD HELP TOO. Hurlburt or Diop will hopefully be able to provide some frontcourt minutes as well. We just need someone to step up leadership wise - and if not, Tad needs to go out and get one somehow.

I'm still sky high on next year, despite this year being a clusterfornication.

Statistics that caught my attention from this game -

At the half CU had committed 11 turnovers while assisting on one basket.

CU hit two threes for the game, TDS to begin CU's scoring and KJ to end it.

TDS was brilliant and efficient with his scoring 11-13 for 27 points, wow. And at times it seemed as if he was the only Buff that could score.

Williams sliding everyone down a slot is going to help. TDS is now your third option instead of first/second. That's better for everyone. I have faith that either Smith or Anderson will be able to step up and play 10-15 minutes per night without making us want to light ourselves on fire. A POINT GUARD WOULD HELP TOO. Hurlburt or Diop will hopefully be able to provide some frontcourt minutes as well. We just need someone to step up leadership wise - and if not, Tad needs to go out and get one somehow.

I'm still sky high on next year, despite this year being a clusterfornication.
Says something that a year where Tad has a top 60 kenpom team is a clusterfornication. And we are just a few made free throws or threes from much much better. Tad has raised the floor in the last 13 years.

But... yea, he done ****ed up with the iveys. We really need to hope Ruffin gets healthy or this team is going to be painful the rest of the way. He's our lone remaining hope when it comes to progress this year iyam.

Ruffin has been a beautiful flower growing from the steaming pile of **** that is this season.
Adversity is great fertilizer!

Also, I still don't get why people keep saying this season is a steaming pile of ****. It's not like it's been all downs. It's just extreme downs and silly ups.

Adversity is great fertilizer!

Also, I still don't get why people keep saying this season is a steaming pile of ****. It's not like it's been all downs. It's just extreme downs and silly ups.
I think what is driving that thinking is that this team absolutely had the ability to win 20+ games and make the tourney and now we're very much in jeopardy of even making any sort of post season tourney. I also think the fanbase is struggling with what looks to be some terrible roster decisions, questionable coaching and brutal play by a 1/3 of the team on a regular basis. This is very much a down year.

I think what is driving that thinking is that this team absolutely had the ability to win 20+ games and make the tourney and now we're very much in jeopardy of even making any sort of post season tourney. I also think the fanbase is struggling with what looks to be some terrible roster decisions, questionable coaching and brutal play by a 1/3 of the team on a regular basis. This is very much a down year.
Honestly, I don't think this team had that ability because Tad ****ed up with the iveys. It's a down year, not a horrible year.

Edit: the biggest problem is that Nique didn't develop. The last 10 games of last year or whatever were a mirage and that ****ed us

Last edited:
Back