What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Games thread- MEN'S BBALL opens Pac 12 play hosting ASU (Thursday, 12/1/22, 6:30 PM MT) & visiting Washington (Sunday, 1:00 PM MT)

puke GIF

You know what's worse than straight up losing? Giving a game away like they just did. It better stick in your mother****ing craw. This is the type of game that can screw a whole season, WAKE THE **** UP!!

Welp, free throws and turnovers did us in.
- Hammond was terrible and it hurt. He got punked.
- Waiting for Clifford to come around, guess I'll keep waiting.
- Is Hurlbert really that much worse than Lovering?
- KJ could have iced the game from the line, dang.
- 20 Turnovers, damn. 21 points in the 2nd half! 52% from the line. AT HOME! WTF is going on? Where is Q Allen?

Welp, free throws and turnovers did us in.
- Hammond was terrible and it hurt. He got punked.
- Waiting for Clifford to come around, guess I'll keep waiting.
- Is Hurlbert really that much worse than Lovering?
- KJ could have iced the game from the line, dang.
- 20 Turnovers, damn. 21 points in the 2nd half! 52% from the line. AT HOME! WTF is going on? Where is Q Allen?

It feels like defensively Nique is getting the job done. He's been a liability on the other end so far.

That was puke worthy effort. Horrible loss with nobody to take over. Have to make free throws in that situation. No way they should have lost this one. I really hat Hurley and ASU.

One of the worst losses I can remember under tad. A complete mental collapse. Most of the turnovers weren't even good defense. Just weakness
Boyle on KOA:
- this among top 5 worst losses since he's been here
- maybe I yell at 'em too much
- players "wilting"

This team MIGHT win 17. MIGHT.
Looking like a .500 season unless we get better real quick.

Amazes me that we have all these guards and no one other than KJ can break someone down on the dribble and make a basket. Need some ballers.

Last edited:
It feels like defensively Nique is getting the job done. He's been a liability on the other end so far.
Newsflash: He’s not that good on defense either. Needs his time cut considerably.
I sh!t on LOB a lot, but he played well tonight so credit to him. Unfortunately, Tad sat him for the final 8 minutes in favor of dudes who couldn’t even make a pass or shoot the ball.

Either they can fold from it or it'll sting like a mother****er to the point where they say, collectively, we aren't doing enough and it's not acceptable. Just watching it, we looked soft and undisciplined, WHEN THINGS GOT TIGHT. When I say soft, I don't just mean physically, actually more mentally. We folded like a cheap ass tent. Question is, what are they gonna do about it?

I’m seeing now that this is a ‘rebuilding’ season. Between losing three top guys from last season and the ‘stars’ coming in next season. We’re still young, except for the transfers, and so players and team aren’t mature in their game.

Last edited:
Random thoughts after last night:

- Fvck Bobby Hurley and fvck ASU
- This loss is on Tad as much is it is on the players - bad lineup combos, poor timeout management, horrendous team FT shooting
- Tad needs to find a rotation of max 8 players and stick with it. There was no need to keep going back to certain players last night. The bench should've been shortened to 7 in the last 15 minutes of the game. And to that point...
- Tad completely missed on who should've been on the court together. Why did he stick with Gabbidon, Hammond and Wright for such long periods? LOB was playing well and so was Ruffin. There was a long stretch midway through the 2nd half where we had a lineup on the court where ASU had to know only one of our players was even close to a scoring threat. What happens? We throw it around, bounce it off our hands, chuck up a bad shot late in the clock, etc.
- Clifford needs to come off the bench. EOS.
- LOB played hard and well. Credit to him last night.
- The Ivy transfers are a step slow against real teams. I lost count of how many times they drove to the basket and put up a shot that was rejected unmercifully. That sh!t may have worked against Brown and Cornell, but not in the PAC12.
- I am now convinced we will not see Allen on the court in a CU uniform. I would guess Tad being the good guy he is, is allowing Allen to stay on the team, stay in school and stay in shape and will help him find a good situation somewhere else at the end of the season.
- This might be the softest team Tad's ever had here. Should've gone out and grabbed a banger with attitude in the offseason. Hoping for 17/18 wins and an NIT bid at this point.

One of the few times Tad was out-coached, and by Bobby Hurley of all people.

Hurley always looks like he's being persecuted, with his arms outstretched all the time.

1. thanks @BuffDog for the ticket. you have really good seats (once I found the right row).
2. why did Lovering's minutes decrease so much in the second half? I don't understand that at all.
2.a. does Boyle need to tinker with more line ups where both Lovering and DaSilva are on the floor together? it seems different to me when they're both on the court.
3. Students showed, nobody else did. note that I think the new football coach wants to see that CU fans support their teams.
4. I'm all about bringing in kid's groups to sing the anthem. I'm sure it's special for them and their parents and I'm happy for them..... but this group, and the one at the Riverside game, were really bad (didn't make Yale). Whose selecting which kid's choirs get this honor? I mean, I'd expect it be the youth choir that won a local competition or something, not random kids that have no talent and no training.
5. when checking the score near end of first, I remember thinking "feels like we should be up more. uh oh". but that first half was really fun.
6. possible that I understated my points in the post above (or accidentally found a new keyboard short cut for 'post now')

4. I'm all about bringing in kid's groups to sing the anthem. I'm sure it's special for them and their parents and I'm happy for them..... but this group, and the one at the Riverside game, were really bad (didn't make Yale). Whose selecting which kid's choirs get this honor? I mean, I'd expect it be the youth choir that won a local competition or something, not random kids that have no talent and no training.
Dude…

On basketball….

In crunch time, I want KJ, Lovering and Hadley on the court. The other two spots can go to whomever is playing well but those three are required from now on. They’re the only ones that don’t terrify me on defense right now and it hits a new level.

The Tad lineup thing… I’m sure there’s a reason he’s doing this but hell if I can figure it out. I’m guessing he’s hoping that someone steps up and rises to the occasion but yeah… might be time to start pruning the rotation down. And I’d start with the Ivies honestly.

Random thoughts after last night:

- Fvck Bobby Hurley and fvck ASU
- This loss is on Tad as much is it is on the players - bad lineup combos, poor timeout management, horrendous team FT shooting
- Tad needs to find a rotation of max 8 players and stick with it. There was no need to keep going back to certain players last night. The bench should've been shortened to 7 in the last 15 minutes of the game. And to that point...
- Tad completely missed on who should've been on the court together. Why did he stick with Gabbidon, Hammond and Wright for such long periods? LOB was playing well and so was Ruffin. There was a long stretch midway through the 2nd half where we had a lineup on the court where ASU had to know only one of our players was even close to a scoring threat. What happens? We throw it around, bounce it off our hands, chuck up a bad shot late in the clock, etc.
- Clifford needs to come off the bench. EOS.
- LOB played hard and well. Credit to him last night.
- The Ivy transfers are a step slow against real teams. I lost count of how many times they drove to the basket and put up a shot that was rejected unmercifully. That sh!t may have worked against Brown and Cornell, but not in the PAC12.
- I am now convinced we will not see Allen on the court in a CU uniform. I would guess Tad being the good guy he is, is allowing Allen to stay on the team, stay in school and stay in shape and will help him find a good situation somewhere else at the end of the season.
- This might be the softest team Tad's ever had here. Should've gone out and grabbed a banger with attitude in the offseason. Hoping for 17/18 wins and an NIT bid at this point.
Completely agree on several points.

Tad got coached under the bleachers last night. Let ASU go on multiple runs, never calling a timeout until ALL the momentum had swung to them. On the flip side, we went on our ONLY run of the 2nd, and bobby culled it with a timeout after 2, count them 2 made shots. Tad did nothing to change his offense when we couldn't bring the ball up, kept running the same sets that required hand off passes that were CONSTANTLY getting stolen, and yet again refused to design plays to go at players with 3+ fouls.

Nique ain't got it. Something has changed with him, but he is an absolute liability on offense, and a marginal player on defense. 2 pts, 4 reb, 2 a, 0 b in 22 mins vs. 6 pts, 4 reb, 0 a, 2 b in 9 minutes. Both 50% fts (2/4 vs 1/2). Start LOB or Ruffin, send a message to Nique.

I'm not sure why LL didn't play as much in the 2nd. He is obviously our defensive general, and we for damn sure needed some leadership on the court. There was none, on either end.

I will disagree with you on Ruffin - he still gets lost very quickly on defense. Watched him on at least 2 different plays looking like he was playing tag with his assignment, but never even being close enough to him to win.

100% agree on soft - soft physically, soft mentally, soft coaching. Tad still thinks he has someone on the court who's going to take control and right the ship, but that ain't happening. He's gotten lazy and doesn't realize he's got to coach this team like it's full of kids, there's no McKinley nor Evan out there to drive this thing.

1. thanks @BuffDog for the ticket. you have really good seats (once I found the right row).
2. why did Lovering's minutes decrease so much in the second half? I don't understand that at all.
2.a. does Boyle need to tinker with more line ups where both Lovering and DaSilva are on the floor together? it seems different to me when they're both on the court.
3. Students showed, nobody else did. note that I think the new football coach wants to see that CU fans support their teams.
5. when checking the score near end of first, I remember thinking "feels like we should be up more. uh oh". but that first half was really fun.
6. possible that I understated my points in the post above (or accidentally found a new keyboard short cut for 'post now')

Bagging on the kids choir? Seriously?

Back