What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Games thread-MEN'S BBALL opens season hosting UC-Riverside (Monday, 11/7/22, 6:30 MT) & at Grambling (Fri, 6 MT) & #11 Tennessee (Sun, Noon MT)

There is no leadership on this team. Period.

I knew we'd miss Battey, but I had no idea it would be this bad.
Really? We had stellar leadership for the last 6 years and you didn't think there would be an issue early? Not paying attention are we?

You are probably right. It seemed to be one of Tad's major concerns before the season started.
There was a TV comment during the game, that Tad said DeS and Clifford were the guys he saw leading the team. I really like DeS, but I fear he is a little too quiet/unassertive. Clifford still seems young.

Meant to say I didnt recall seeing that Tennessee beat Gonzaga 99-80 several weeks ago in an exhibition game. They are loaded. Not much time for Tad to regroup after the Grambling debacle.

We’re playing much better but all these wide open misses are pissing me off. Can’t finish fast breaks and wide open layups

bright side is we should be getting blown out by double digits but we aren’t

Refs calling a bunch of fouls on weak ass contact against us, #4 has flopped multiple times and gotten to the line that way. Infuriating but we also need to be more disciplined.

Tad lit a fire under some asses, and it shows.

TDS still not very interested in playing basketball, which is a shame, since he's on the basketball team.

Someone needs to tell this team that when you dunk it, it's harder to block.

Refs calling a bunch of fouls on weak ass contact against us, #4 has flopped multiple times and gotten to the line that way. Infuriating but we also need to be more disciplined.

21 fts for them already and we’re dominating in points in the paint. ****ing bull****.
It’s mostly our own fault. Couple questionable calls, but really we’ve just been fouling in very stupid fashion. Eliminate the early fouls on those two threes and that baseline jumper and the two fouls where the guard just stopped and our trailer ran into them and the calls are about even.

Overall, obviously this is a very different team than we saw Friday. They are fighting hard in all three aspects (D, O, Reb) and moving the ball much better. Still not making many jumpers. Thankfully Tennessee has been bad shooting as well. I think we get run this second half, but who knows, anything can happen if we get hot. Either way, encouraging to see how we can play against superior talent, strength, and athleticism.

Edit: also only 2 turnovers in final 12 minutes of half, after 8 in the first 8 minutes.

I liked that Tad mixed up the starting lineup today.

I also thought that what the announcer related was a great message from Tad to the team: they each need to decide whether they are renting a Colorado jersey (about their self) or if they are going to own it (program legacy / family).

Much closer today to the team I expected. Just need to start hitting shots while reducing fouls.

Back