What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Games thread-MEN'S BBALL opens season hosting UC-Riverside (Monday, 11/7/22, 6:30 MT) & at Grambling (Fri, 6 MT) & #11 Tennessee (Sun, Noon MT)

The buffs look really good to me. I'm not sure how bad UCR stinks but they don't look that bad to me. Seems like a good sign to me.

In his Friday "chat" Rooney was asked about Allen and if he was going to have an impact. Not sure I understand what Tad means.

"At this point, not much. That can always change with injuries or if he forces the issue, but right now he's kind of the odd man out in the rotation. I had a note on him published yesterday where Tad said he's still struggling a bit with the mental challenge of being an every day guy."

In his Friday "chat" Rooney was asked about Allen and if he was going to have an impact. Not sure I understand what Tad means.

"At this point, not much. That can always change with injuries or if he forces the issue, but right now he's kind of the odd man out in the rotation. I had a note on him published yesterday where Tad said he's still struggling a bit with the mental challenge of being an every day guy."

He was a top 50 player, no? This is Tad being difficult. If he chases him away I never want to hear him complain about admission standards at CU again

Yea you're right lets not give our top 50 4* forward any minutes in a blowout because there are issues during practice.
Again...if it's an issue with effort or not playing the way Tad needs his players to play, then it's on Quincy to change his way.

College basketball coaches are historically stubborn about getting guys to play to their system. Quincy apparently isn't doing that 🤷

Again...if it's an issue with effort or not playing the way Tad needs his players to play, then it's on Quincy to change his way.

College basketball coaches are historically stubborn about getting guys to play to their system. Quincy apparently isn't doing that 🤷

The coach also must give players a chance

Allen. Tad says, he's not handling "the mental challenge of being an every day guy."
Does that mean he doesn't do well with not being the star everyday? I don't know,

I will, maybe he'll get past the first weekend in the tournament
There it is!!
jim halpert GIF

There it is!!
jim halpert GIF

It's about being diplomatic. If a player doesn't fit your system exactly, why did you recruit him? Why not play him despite his faults? Especially in a game you have in hand. This bone headed devotion to making a "system" work properly is insane, and if you lose a top-50 player to the portal you will sabotage all future recruiting efforts.

Back