What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Games thread - MEN'S Bball scheduled to host Utah (Sat., 2/12/21, 6:00 PM MT) and visit OSU (Tues., 7:00 PM MT)

there is no way to quantify how much different teams have been hurt by covid: from individual players missing games to schedule disruptions. The NCAA will have and, I hope use, more discretion than any season before. My hope is they over-emphasize the last month/tournaments. Go Buffs!
I understand that one of changes with NET rankings is to no longer place different weights on late season vs early season games.

I disagree with your "no way to quantify" comment, and i think you're actually listing ways it could be measured. But that's not really important, IMO. I don't think the selection committee should try to consider team to team Covid impact when making whose in/out or seeding decisions.

Getting the turnover number under 10 is a pipe dream. Inexplicably lazy with the ball.
I just want to point out only 10 teams in the country average less than 10 a game and most are high 9s. Yes we need to get better, but a lot of it depends on the number of possessions a team gets too. UCLA is under 10 for example but they walk the ball up the court. Arizona is 249th in the country in turnovers per game at 13.7 but they play at the fastest pace in the country. It’s all relative and turnovers per possession should be the metric that matters.

So, say we win 4 of the next 5 and then get one or two in the Pac-12 tourney. Will that get us in the dance?

So, say we win 4 of the next 5 and then get one or two in the Pac-12 tourney. Will that get us in the dance?

Puts CU in the bubble discussion, but I still think they'd miss out. As of now, CU only has 1 Quad 1 victory (@Ore) and 2 Quad 2 victores (WSU, @ASU) and ASU is just barely a Quad 2 victory. In your scenario, I'm assuming CU gets 1 Quad 1 win (either @Stan or Ariz) and a borderline Quad 2 (@Cal) prior to the Pac-12 tournament. I think 12-8 will get them the 5 seed, so the first round will get them nothing by beating OSU again. A 2nd round win would be against someone like Oregon, which would be another Quad 2 win. I don't think 2 Quad 1 and 3-4 Quad 2 wins gets them on the right side of the bubble.

Puts CU in the bubble discussion, but I still think they'd miss out. As of now, CU only has 1 Quad 1 victory (@Ore) and 2 Quad 2 victores (WSU, @ASU) and ASU is just barely a Quad 2 victory. In your scenario, I'm assuming CU gets 1 Quad 1 win (either @Stan or Ariz) and a borderline Quad 2 (@Cal) prior to the Pac-12 tournament. I think 12-8 will get them the 5 seed, so the first round will get them nothing by beating OSU again. A 2nd round win would be against someone like Oregon, which would be another Quad 2 win. I don't think 2 Quad 1 and 3-4 Quad 2 wins gets them on the right side of the bubble.
Just hang on and get to the NIT. Some more home games, additional practice time and tournament experience. This will be huge for next season.

there is no way to quantify how much different teams have been hurt by covid: from individual players missing games to schedule disruptions. The NCAA will have and, I hope use, more discretion than any season before. My hope is they over-emphasize the last month/tournaments. Go Buffs!

Remember, when it comes to teams making the tourney (not seeding), they typically rely on "Who deserves to over the entire season" - and there have been instances where a team has made it even though they lost a great player to injury near the end of the year. The tourney committee won't emphasize the last month on who makes the dance. They might on seeding though.

Just hang on and get to the NIT. Some more home games, additional practice time and tournament experience. This will be huge for next season.
This is the attitude to pivot towards if/when we lose our first Pac 12 tournament game. Until then, my focus is on seeding for the conference tourney to get the best run and win that damn thing.

This is the attitude to pivot towards if/when we lose our first Pac 12 tournament game. Until then, my focus is on seeding for the conference tourney to get the best run and win that damn thing.

Hokie gonna resort to the old "it's difficult to beat a team 3 times" during the tourney.

If we finish 4-2, we would likely be the 5th or 6th seed, playing a lower seed in round 1 and not UCLA or Arizona in round 2.

2020 true soph class doesn't get enough love.

Jabari, TDS, Nique and LOB wasn't that heralded. #45 nationally & 6th in the Pac. Turns out that this was a pretty special group of Buffs.
Was just thinking about this. The 5 classes ahead of us in the PAC that year the only class that I'd rather have is Arizona (Tubelas, Krissa, Mathurin, and Terry class is insane). The ASU Christopher, Bagley class was wasted and Christopher was a one year rental and Bagley has been injured. Stanford with Zaire, Murrell, Taitz, O'Connel, and Angel was 3rd but I'd still take our 4. You can keep going down the line.

This class was always going to be important as a part of the transition from the 17 class. With Bari really getting good his senior year during COVID and TDS being tipped by the Evan-Oscar crash and two local star recruits.

With this class and the 21 class already having a stud in KJ and promise with Lawson and Hammond and unknowns but potential with Ruffin and Allen. We haven't had two classes this legit back to back since I can remember (maybe ever).

We followed the famed '17 class with Kountz, Parquet, Dombeck, and Gatling. Walton, Siewart, and Peters on the front side. Not terrible but not good either.

2017 Class Records
17/18: 17-15
18/19: 21-12
19/20: 21-11
20/21: 23-8

We are 16-9 with some winnable games in this Freshman classes initial season. The future looks so bright.

Was just thinking about this. The 5 classes ahead of us in the PAC that year the only class that I'd rather have is Arizona (Tubelas, Krissa, Mathurin, and Terry class is insane). The ASU Christopher, Bagley class was wasted and Christopher was a one year rental and Bagley has been injured. Stanford with Zaire, Murrell, Taitz, O'Connel, and Angel was 3rd but I'd still take our 4. You can keep going down the line.

This class was always going to be important as a part of the transition from the 17 class. With Bari really getting good his senior year during COVID and TDS being tipped by the Evan-Oscar crash and two local star recruits.

With this class and the 21 class already having a stud in KJ and promise with Lawson and Hammond and unknowns but potential with Ruffin and Allen. We haven't had two classes this legit back to back since I can remember (maybe ever).

We followed the famed '17 class with Kountz, Parquet, Dombeck, and Gatling. Walton, Siewart, and Peters on the front side. Not terrible but not good either.

2017 Class Records
17/18: 17-15
18/19: 21-12
19/20: 21-11
20/21: 23-8

We are 16-9 with some winnable games in this Freshman classes initial season. The future looks so bright.
The key is keeping Jabari for one more year or killing it in the transfer market with two good front court players. A starting lineup of...
KJ
Barthelemy
Allen / Clifford
Walker
DaSilva
...would very good next year. It would be downright lethal if we add a solid transfer big to replace Evan.

Back