What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Games thread- (RV) Men's bball scheduled to be on the road @ Stanford (Thurs.., 2/11, 5:00 PM MT, ESPN2) & Cal (Sat., 8:00 PM, ESPNU)

Do we know why Tristan chose CU? You'd think Stanford would have taken him, if Oscar wanted. One announcer said it was related to how CU's team reacted after O was injured last year. Anyone know?

Do we know why Tristan chose CU? You'd think Stanford would have taken him, if Oscar wanted. One announcer said it was related to how CU's team reacted after O was injured last year. Anyone know?
According to this Buffzone article, Tristan was already interested in the Buffs. He did watch that game and that incident helped demonstrate the CU Family but it doesn't sound like it was a primary factor: https://www.buffzone.com/2020/08/27/tristan-da-silva-taking-his-place-in-cu-basketball-family/

But then he told me about the things that happened after the incident between him and Evan, and that really kind of showed me how genuine and how nice the people here are.

“Evan, throughout the game, kept playing with tears in his eyes. How was able to make that happen, I don’t know how. He met with my brother and (Battey’s) mom and was so sorry about the whole thing. Of course it wasn’t intentional, but he started breaking down in front of my brother. That showed me how big of a family Colorado is and how nice the people here are.

Wow, I like that CU Basketball Team!

I also liked how we looked like a Veteran team down the stretch. MKW in total control, motion offense looked good, defense solid, just wow.

Now let's not settle boys, repeat that effort at Cal.

Things I liked the most is the guys always had an answer. Whether that be on D, getting a big board, making a play on O, whatever. When you can play like that, it'd be a tough out for anybody. Let's see it again tomorrow.

Tristan wasn’t as highly touted/recruited as Oscar was either. So maybe they weren’t sure on his abilities! Stanford also recruited Zaire Williams (6th overall recruit), Max murrell (top 150) and Brandon Angel (top 250 recruit) in the 2020 class in essentially the same position. I’m happy how it worked out though!

Wonderful team victory.

Kin is the man. Oscar Da Silva may deservedly win the Pac-12 POY, with Remy Martin getting second place due to having the "name" :)

But as Tad says, I would not pick another player in the conference over Kin.

So, UCLA joined the merry band of dick-steppers last night, losing to Wazzu while getting out-rebounded by 8.

We need USC to revert to the Enfield mean over these last few weeks.
USC and UCLA play each other. Both have the mountain road trip coming up. Kenpom has USC finishing with 15 conference wins, CU 14, UCLA 12.

USC and UCLA play each other. Both have the mountain road trip coming up. Kenpom has USC finishing with 15 conference wins, CU 14, UCLA 12.

That looks like they have them losing to CU and UCLA. I could see them losing at home to UA and also at Utah. The mountain trip has gotten ugly for the visitors now that Utah has pulled its head out.

That looks like they have them losing to CU and UCLA. I could see them losing at home to UA and also at Utah. The mountain trip has gotten ugly for the visitors now that Utah has pulled its head out.
Tough road for everyone. Winner will be very deserving. CU doesn't really have a chance though. Missing that ASU game and on the road for 3 more games straight.

it looks weird that we're only showing one game back, but I did the math and it checks out.

still weird. If my team is showing 1 GB, to my previous naïve understanding of 'games back', I thought it meant that if we played each other and my team won, we'd be tied for first. and that's obviously not the case.

wiki link for anyone else interested in this pedantry

1613144278758.png

Chauncey was the NBA MVP. Kin is great, but he's not at that point yet.
The only judge of Kin and Chauncey is the time at CU. Chauncey played 2 amazing years and was an injection of greatness, while Kin has been a Buff for 4 years and has been consistently amazing for those 4 years. Was Chauncey a historic player with a level of amazing talent, heck yeah, but the totality of Kin's 4 years has in my mind overtaken Chauncey, although a good run in the Tourney would be the capper.

All we can do with USC is keep winning and hope they drop another one.

If we win out (lol), we should end up ahead of UCLA.

With USC and UCLA playing different numbers of games than us, we need to make sure we finish even or better in the loss column, because that will give us a higher winning percentage due to us having played more games. Finishing equal (or even potentially better) in the win column will mean a lower winning percentage if we still have more losses.

Preview for tomorrow's game - https://cubuffs.com/news/2021/2/12/...-head-to-cal-in-search-of-bay-area-sweep.aspx

Note- Previously, it hadn't been known whether the game was going to be on ESPNU or ESPN2. From the preview, sounds like it will be on ESPNU.

"
BERKELEY, Calif. — Colorado coach Tad Boyle's message to his Buffaloes following Thursday's 69-51 win over Stanford was short and to the point:

"I told them after the game, good teams split on the road in Pac-12 play. Great teams sweep," said Boyle, whose Buffs improved to 16-5 overall and 10-4 in conference play with the win. "We did the first part. Now we have to turn our attention to Cal."

The Buffs will get their chance for a road trip sweep Saturday, when they face off with the Bears (7-15, 2-13) in an 8 p.m. game at Haas Pavilion (ESPNU).

Road trips sweeps have been incredibly rare in Colorado's time in the Pac-12. The Buffaloes have swept two wins on a conference road trip just twice in their 10 years in the conference — wins over Oregon and Oregon State in 2013 and victories over UCLA and USC in 2019.

The Bears are mired in last place in the conference standings and have lost seven in a row. In their first meeting this season in Boulder, the Buffs rolled to an 89-60 victory that saw CU outscore the visitors 55-37 in the second half.

But there's no doubt Boyle will do his best to make sure the Buffs don't take the matchup lightly. Cal just missed a comeback win over Utah on Thursday before dropping a 76-75 decision, and the Bears do have some talent in their lineup, beginning with junior guard Matt Bradley, who is averaging 18.5 points per game.

Boyle will also no doubt remind his team of last year's game in Berkeley, when the 21-7 Buffaloes were soundly thumped by the 11-16 Bears, 76-62.

WRIGHT COUNTDOWN: With 1,674 career points, 623 assists and 598 rebounds, Wright is now just two rebounds away from becoming the first player in Pac-12 history to record 1,600 points, 600 assists and 600 rebounds.

He is coming off a 14-point, nine-rebound, nine-assist effort in the win over Stanford. His current numbers make him the Pac-12's active leader in career points and assists and second in rebounds.

"Usually you say he's in elite company .. he's at an elite level," Boyle said. "There's no company with him. You think of all the four-year guys who have come through the Pac-12 and he's in a category by himself. That says it all. The kid's been doing it from his freshman year all the way through his senior year. I've said it before, he's a once-in-a-lifetime player to coach."

BROADCAST: The game will be televised by ESPNU with Roxy Bernstein and Adrian Branch. KOA 850 AM and 94.1 FM will carry the radio broadcast with Voice of the Buffs Mark Johnson and Scott Wilke.
"

The Washington and Utah games are SO frustrating! We should damned well be 12-2 and leading the Pac. Argh!
Washington doesn't bother me as much because it was a box score of insanity that was just one of those nights that happens in basketball over a long season.

Utah was a choke job.

Washington doesn't bother me as much because it was a box score of insanity that was just one of those nights that happens in basketball over a long season.

Utah was a choke job.
Hopefully those were teaching moments that will pay dividends. Yeah, that’s what I’m going to tell myself.

Back