What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Georgia at Mississippi State

georgia is looking surprisingly crappy this year. at the beginning of the year, i thought this was an automatic loss. but now i'm thinking we have a decent chance to win, just because they are SO bad

georgia is looking surprisingly crappy this year. at the beginning of the year, i thought this was an automatic loss. but now i'm thinking we have a decent chance to win, just because they are SO bad

Georgia has always looked crappy as long as Richt has been there. Most overatted team in the SEC year in/out. He should have done a hell of a lot more there. Anybody who thinks CU should hire him is a moron. The guy is possibly a worse coach than Hawk.

You guys who think CU is going to beat UGA are certifiable. Or perhaps you're just gluttons for punishment.

Don't get your hopes up. CU is not a good football team. We're soft. Dan Hawkins (at least for now, as I write this) remains the head coach at CU. This does not bode well for us.

Yeah but so are we. You're forgetting who our HC is. Believe me, even after 2 weeks, he'll be scratching his head on the sidelines wondering how the heck another team who is having a down year, or coach who may be on his way out, can still outcoach him and beat him at home.

You guys who think CU is going to beat UGA are certifiable. Or perhaps you're just gluttons for punishment.

Don't get your hopes up. CU is not a good football team. We're soft. Dan Hawkins (at least for now, as I write this) remains the head coach at CU. This does not bode well for us.

1. You haven't paid attention that well. Hawk usually always has a good game against a good team. Oh wait crap Georgia isn't good, so nevermind.

2. You haven't paid attention to Georgia. Richt is possibly worse than Hawk. He could very easily have a brain fart and allow even a Hawk coached team to beat him.

3. You haven't paid attention to college football this year. UCLA over Texas in Austin is a prime example.

Georgia is not that good, CU isn't either. CU might even be favored in this game. I would have rather seen the Dawgs win today though.

1. You haven't paid attention that well. Hawk usually always has a good game against a good team. Oh wait crap Georgia isn't good, so nevermind.

2. You haven't paid attention to Georgia. Richt is possibly worse than Hawk. He could very easily have a brain fart and allow even a Hawk coached team to beat him.

3. You haven't paid attention to college football this year. UCLA over Texas in Austin is a prime example.

Georgia is not that good, CU isn't either. CU might even be favored in this game. I would have rather seen the Dawgs win today though.

I could swear you said all the same stuff about Missouri last year. How did that turn out?

So long as Dan Hawkins remains the head coach at the University of Colorado, our opponent is favored in every contest.

I could swear you said all the same stuff about Missouri last year. How did that turn out?

So long as Dan Hawkins remains the head coach at the University of Colorado, our opponent is favored in every contest.

Missouri is a totally different offense than Georgia. Georgia is a dog **** offense led by a true frosh QB. And seriously, dont be surprised if CU is favored.

:stupid:

i can flat out promise you, that if CU were to play the 3 SEC teams that UGA has played so far this season, CU would be 0-3 as well.

seriously. anyone here is going to tell me with a straight face that a Dan Hawkins CU team would have beaten any of those teams? Come on! Go sober up and talk to me tomorrow.

UGA losing to those teams has no bearing on what they will do to Colorado. you guys need to forget about that real fast.

my best hope is a replay of the FSU game in Folsom and at 16-6 loss.

i expect the D to play well and hold UGA to under 25 providing they get some help from the O. if the O plays like they did vs Cal, look for another 52 to be put up. the D is just done. they have been carring this team for years. they need some help.

that being said, i have absolutly no hope that CU will be able to score more than 10.

so while the score may be 24-9, the actual game will not even be that close for anyone who watches it.

Georgia looks like crap especially their offense. But, they have lost to georgia and arkansas and miss st. Two of those on the road.

CU will somehow make their freshman qb look like joe montana this week. I know this, Jalil Brown and Jimmy smith will have their chance to prove their hype, green and the other georgia wr are very good. I think cu can stop georgia's running game, can they stop the big play?

Our OL is going to get schooled and that spells doom.

I'm hoping some of the players from the 1990 team have a pep talk with our guys just before the game starts as Georgia looks like an average team at best. With two weeks for the Buffs to get ready, me thinks whoever has the ball last next week wins.

Way too much cynicism against this entire Buff team over 1 man....The Fact is Georgia is probably on equal playing field with our Buffs...both coaches aren't very good, so I'll put the biggest determining factor on HOME Field in front of a jazzed up "blackout" night game...1990 Nat'l Championship Team there will only electrify the atmosphere even more

Should be a very good & close game...but truly feel our Buffs should come out the victors

You guys are missing the point. Georgia is still full of athletes and we didn't want them to be 1-3 because now we are a must win for them. They are going to be fast and angry - a bad combo for us.

A bad combo for Dan you mean. I look at that as a 'glass half full' kind of thing myself.

Georgia has always looked crappy as long as Richt has been there. Most overatted team in the SEC year in/out. He should have done a hell of a lot more there. Anybody who thinks CU should hire him is a moron. The guy is possibly a worse coach than Hawk.

This sentence is simply not true. At all. They have had their issues the last couple seasons in particular, but to say Georgia has looked crappy at UGA since 2001 (when he took over) is laughable.

Also, never utter the phrase "he is possibly a worse coach than Hawk" again. It's simply not true.

UGA record under Richt

Last 2 numbers are finishes in the Coaches and AP poll.

2001 Georgia 8–4 5–3 T–3rd (East) L Music City 25 22
2002 Georgia 13–1 7–1 1st (East) W Sugar † 3 3
2003 Georgia 11–3 6–2 T–1st (East) W Capital One 6 7
2004 Georgia 10–2 6–2 2nd (East) W Outback 6 7
2005 Georgia 10–3 6–2 1st (East) L Sugar † 10 10
2006 Georgia 9–4 4–4 T–3rd (East) W Chick-fil-A 23
2007 Georgia 11–2 6–2 T–1st (East) W Sugar † 3 2
2008 Georgia 10–3 6–2 2nd (East) W Capital One 10 13
2009 Georgia 8–5 4–4 T–2nd (East) W Independence

2006 and 2009 he's struggled and it's looking like Georgia is struggling this year. 3 BCS bowls and 2 conference title championships. Yeah, Georgia really sucks. The SEC is incredibly tough to win, especially when you have a true frosh at QB. Guess what though, the guy was a 5* QB recruit. Very few guys over the past few years have come in immediately and have won, especially at the SEC level.

Their losses are to a good Arky team that gave Bama a run for its money yesterday and SC, a team that many predicted would win the SEC East. The MSU loss is hard to explain. Mullen is doing good things at MSU and they have very good fan support, but UGA still has better athletes. I didn't see that game, so I'm not sure how it played out. Poor tackling? Penalties everywhere?

UGA's last MNC was in '80. Prior to Richt their last SEC championship was in '82. Since then we've seen the fall and rise of Fulmer. Saban making LSU a power. Saban restoring Bama as a power. Urban Meyer taking what Suppier left and making it even better. An Auburn that let go of a coach that went undefeated.

My point is that Georgia doesn't suck. They may not be a good team this year, but Richt has always won 8 games there. Our HC wishes he could win 8 games spanning over two seasons for most of the time he's been here. Georgia also tends to play 2 major OOC games a year. I remember them playing ASU, Okie Lite and this year they have us and soon UO. Then they also have to play GT who under Johnson has been solid, barring this year, so they don't completely stack their schedule like a lot of SEC teams. I can respect that.

Edit: 5 top 10 unanimous finishes in his career there. Another year split. Terrible coach.

Last edited:
Way too much cynicism against this entire Buff team over 1 man....The Fact is Georgia is probably on equal playing field with our Buffs...both coaches aren't very good, so I'll put the biggest determining factor on HOME Field in front of a jazzed up "blackout" night game...1990 Nat'l Championship Team there will only electrify the atmosphere even more

Should be a very good & close game...but truly feel our Buffs should come out the victors

They have better players than us. That's the difference.

They have better players than us. That's the difference.

Depth, absolutely. General athleticism, absolutely. But it's tough to win with a freshman quarterback. Having a veteran team, a veteran quarterback, and playing at home for an emotional weekend night game... that should be a recipe for a win against a 1-3 team no matter their talent level.

Depth, absolutely. General athleticism, absolutely. But it's tough to win with a freshman quarterback. Having a veteran team, a veteran quarterback, and playing at home for an emotional weekend night game... that should be a recipe for a win against a 1-3 team no matter their talent level.

Our team doesn't follow the rule of "should", although I agree.

I believe in a thing called love...

Wow! Did you know that Dan Hawkins is a hard rock guitarist for "The Darkness"? He's trying to revive 80s metal.

Just goes to show that you should focus on one thing. CU football sucks and I've never heard of "The Darkness". Multi-tasking is FTL.

I think Georgia is a middle-of-the-road SEC team. As such, they are horribly overrated.

A middle of the road SEC is still better than a bottom feeder in the Big 12.

In order for us to win, well, we are going to need a performance from our seniors much like TWheat, Dizon and Big Bad Thad had for us during their stay. Our seniors need to step it up. I'm looking at you Jalil and Jimmy.

UGA record under Richt

Last 2 numbers are finishes in the Coaches and AP poll.

2001 Georgia 8–4 5–3 T–3rd (East) L Music City 25 22
2002 Georgia 13–1 7–1 1st (East) W Sugar † 3 3
2003 Georgia 11–3 6–2 T–1st (East) W Capital One 6 7
2004 Georgia 10–2 6–2 2nd (East) W Outback 6 7
2005 Georgia 10–3 6–2 1st (East) L Sugar † 10 10
2006 Georgia 9–4 4–4 T–3rd (East) W Chick-fil-A 23
2007 Georgia 11–2 6–2 T–1st (East) W Sugar † 3 2
2008 Georgia 10–3 6–2 2nd (East) W Capital One 10 13
2009 Georgia 8–5 4–4 T–2nd (East) W Independence

2006 and 2009 he's struggled and it's looking like Georgia is struggling this year. 3 BCS bowls and 2 conference title championships. Yeah, Georgia really sucks. The SEC is incredibly tough to win, especially when you have a true frosh at QB. Guess what though, the guy was a 5* QB recruit. Very few guys over the past few years have come in immediately and have won, especially at the SEC level.

Their losses are to a good Arky team that gave Bama a run for its money yesterday and SC, a team that many predicted would win the SEC East. The MSU loss is hard to explain. Mullen is doing good things at MSU and they have very good fan support, but UGA still has better athletes. I didn't see that game, so I'm not sure how it played out. Poor tackling? Penalties everywhere?

UGA's last MNC was in '80. Prior to Richt their last SEC championship was in '82. Since then we've seen the fall and rise of Fulmer. Saban making LSU a power. Saban restoring Bama as a power. Urban Meyer taking what Suppier left and making it even better. An Auburn that let go of a coach that went undefeated.

My point is that Georgia doesn't suck. They may not be a good team this year, but Richt has always won 8 games there. Our HC wishes he could win 8 games spanning over two seasons for most of the time he's been here. Georgia also tends to play 2 major OOC games a year. I remember them playing ASU, Okie Lite and this year they have us and soon UO. Then they also have to play GT who under Johnson has been solid, barring this year, so they don't completely stack their schedule like a lot of SEC teams. I can respect that.

Edit: 5 top 10 unanimous finishes in his career there. Another year split. Terrible coach.

Great stats. But I already knew the one that counts. Almost any other coaching staff >> CU coaching staff >> CSU coaching staff. I think Hawaii had better coaches, but not the talent. I think ISU, KSU, KU,NU, MU, OU, well, every one fo the teams we play from here on out has better coaching staffs and arguably equal or better talent. The fact that ISU beat NU last year tells me that CU will be lucky to win another 1-2 games this year. And I certainly do not think that Georgia is one of the 'possible' games. OF course, I may be wrong. It is hard, choosing between wanting the CU kids to win every game and wanting a better staff coaching at CU. That that is the issue-- Hawk does not look like he can attract a great coaching staff. Or again, anyway. I may have had one at Boise.

I don't think Richt is that great a coach. For all the talent he has amassed over the years they should be playing better (year in and year out).

However, to even put him in DH's league is an insult to both common sense and Richt. I refuse to be so patently harsh to someone as to compare them to Talkins.

Last edited:
The Buffs have all the intangibles going for them Saturday. Dawg Nation is ready to jump off a cliff after starting 1-3. We will have a distinct homefield advantage as long as the game is close. Buffs start out strong in all areas, but can't keep up in the 2nd half. I think this game gets decided by a FG. As such:

Georgia 17
Colorado 14

I don't think Richt is that great a coach. For all the talent he has amassed over the years they should be playing better (year in and year out).

And that's what UGA fans are upset about. This game will make or break him IMO.

However, to even put him in DH's league is an insult to both common sense and Richt. I refuse to be so patently harsh to someone as to compare them to Talkins.

I don't understand what is wrong with CDH. I thougth it was a great hire for CU at the time. I thought we'd see alot of BIG12N titles at the least.

I don't understand what is wrong with CDH.

It's the little things. Stuff he tells his guys all the time. It's just one of those kinds of deals where you go "Hey, what's going on? Can we maybe tighten this up a bit? Yeah? Good". It's gonna pop.

Back