What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

good, bad, and ugly thread on the fsu loss...

I'm pretty sure DH leaves the call of who will be playing QB to Helfirch.

I still think Cody is the guy for this season, but he may not be the guy for his junior and senior years.

Helfrich: "Um, coach, um, Cody just isn't getting it done. I think we need to make a change." Yeah. Right.

Helfrich: "Um, coach, um, Cody just isn't getting it done. I think we need to make a change." Yeah. Right.

Hawk isn't that stupid. He knows what's going on. He doesn't need Helfrich to tell him.

The thing that really gets me is, I know Cody is better than this. He's made the downfield throws in the past. He's made some plays that put us in a position to win games last year. He's just starting off very slowly. I hope he gets that corrected.

Hawk isn't that stupid. He knows what's going on. He doesn't need Helfrich to tell him.

The thing that really gets me is, I know Cody is better than this. He's made the downfield throws in the past. He's made some plays that put us in a position to win games last year. He's just starting off very slowly. I hope he gets that corrected.

for the part that he can improve, i agree. i have the same wish of every area of deficiency right now.

for the part that he can improve, i agree. i have the same wish of every area of deficiency right now.

The deal is, we all want to see CU win. It hurts to lose. To anyone. Especially that fat assed crook, Bobby Bowden.

I wish we could put this to bed. I don't think I can think of a coach at any school that seems more forthcoming and honest about everything he does than Dan Hawkins. Hawk doesn't hide the way he thinks, the way he feels, or the way he coaches. I am pretty damn sure that if Cody wasn't the guy Hawk would be the first to say it was time for a change. Actually, to be honest, if Cody thought he was hurting the team it wouldn't surprise me if he was the first to say it was time for a change. If one of the other QBs on the roster is ready to step in and make plays that Cody can't, I don't doubt we'd see them start getting the reps in practice and some work in the games. We've all been to the scrimmages and practices. If anyone else saw anything from these guys that says they are ready to step in over Cody, I'd love to hear it.

I wish we could put this to bed. I don't think I can think of a coach at any school that seems more forthcoming and honest about everything he does than Dan Hawkins. Hawk doesn't hide the way he thinks, the way he feels, or the way he coaches. I am pretty damn sure that if Cody wasn't the guy Hawk would be the first to say it was time for a change. Actually, to be honest, if Cody thought he was hurting the team it wouldn't surprise me if he was the first to say it was time for a change. If one of the other QBs on the roster is ready to step in and make plays that Cody can't, I don't doubt we'd see them start getting the reps in practice and some work in the games. We've all been to the scrimmages and practices. If anyone else saw anything from these guys that says they are ready to step in over Cody, I'd love to hear it.

So, Cody is our best and only option? ****. :sad1:

So, Cody is our best and only option? ****. :sad1:

He's not our only option, but do you honestly believe that if he wasn't the best option Hawk would be starting him anyway? If you do, more power to you, I guess. But, I just don't think Hawk is that guy and I don't think Cody is that player. I think we have the guys that perform the best in practice and games out on the field. Maybe I'm wrong. Maybe Ballenger is the second coming and Hawk is just holding him down. But, I seriously doubt it.

And, second, :sad1: my ass. I'm not sure you could expect much different results this season or even today if Chase Daniel is under center. The line sucked balls, we run a shotgun spread type offense with play action that doesn't work because our QB isn't a runner, our WRs dropped several balls, the special teams licked anus, etc. It is undeniably true that if Cody hits Devanney or Moyd for a TD early maybe the complexion of the game changes. But, Cody was not the only player out there that was outmanned and outplayed by FSU players.

He's not our only option, but do you honestly believe that if he wasn't the best option Hawk would be starting him anyway? If you do, more power to you, I guess. But, I just don't think Hawk is that guy and I don't think Cody is that player. I think we have the guys that perform the best in practice and games out on the field. Maybe I'm wrong. Maybe Ballenger is the second coming and Hawk is just holding him down. But, I seriously doubt it.

And, second, :sad1: my ass. I'm not sure you could expect much different results this season or even today if Chase Daniel is under center. The line sucked balls, we run a shotgun spread type offense with play action that doesn't work because our QB isn't a runner, our WRs dropped several balls, the special teams licked anus, etc. It is undeniably true that if Cody hits Devanney or Moyd for a TD early maybe the complexion of the game changes. But, Cody was not the only player out there that was outmanned and outplayed by FSU players.

"licked anus?" :puke:

The Good.... Love Jacksonville. A game close enough to home to actually go and see (regardless the results). Told my wife it reminded me of the old times as I said, "at least there is a chance Nebraska will lose." :huh:

The Bad... having to wake up to this... and leave. :sad1:
Jax.jpg

The Ugly... The results, of the game

why's that?? he is on the team he has always wanted to play for and is watching & learning from undoubtly the best QB in the Big XII on the same team....:thumbsup:

but he is not starting this year, either. and i think your assessment is over flowery.

Back