What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Good morning football fans

Think there definitely is a rivalry there simply by the hatred involved as lammy fusker states....i can't not call this a rivalry game, but it's different than what I would say is our NU rivarly...whereas I want the Fuskers to lose every single game they play, while I could care less what CSU does after tomorrows game...that's where a lot of the rivalry falls flat IMO

Fair enough, there are some CU fans that want CSU to lose every game and others will pull for them after the RMS. This just reinforces my connection between the CU/CSU rivalry to the CU/NU rivarly. NU fans are very much the same way, some want CU to lose every game, some dont care. Where as every CU fan roots for NU to lose every Saturday.

I agree. That's why many CU fans feel the CSU game is just another game on the schedule. It's pretty easy to hate Nebraska. But CSU? Who really cares.

We all know you jokers hate CU so it becomes a rivalry in your minds and hence your one game season.

then dont comment on this thread... it didnt bait you in because "CSU? Who really cares"

then dont comment on this thread... it didnt bait you in because "CSU? Who really cares"

COME TO ALLBUFFS AND TELL BUFF FANS NOT TO COMMENT ON A THREAD? Look, it's an instate-rivalry that's it. Now, back to your obnoxious group of fans, I hope you all get the runs on saturday and the bathrooms are locked...

Fair enough, there are some CU fans that want CSU to lose every game and others will pull for them after the RMS. This just reinforces my connection between the CU/CSU rivalry to the CU/NU rivarly. NU fans are very much the same way, some want CU to lose every game, some dont care. Where as every CU fan roots for NU to lose every Saturday.

Except that CU/NU is not only a conference game but a division game, while CU/CSU game is a Super Bowl for one team and a complete annoyance for the other. No comparison.

CSU sucks balls, their fans suck balls, their stadium sucks balls, their pubic hair uniforms suck balls, their mascot sucks balls, their tv network definitely sucks balls, and their record against CU sucks balls. Other than that, they're ok.

Except that CU/NU is not only a conference game but a division game, while CU/CSU game is a Super Bowl for one team and a complete annoyance for the other. No comparison.

CSU sucks balls, their fans suck balls, their stadium sucks balls, their pubic hair uniforms suck balls, their mascot sucks balls, their tv network definitely sucks balls, and their record against CU sucks balls. Other than that, they're ok.

:thumbsup::lol:

There is also a huge difference in what we are playing for. CU does not have the history of a Nebraska, Texas, or Oklahoma but CU is still in the big scheme of things one of college footballs haves. CU has a national championship trophy, CU has conference championships in a conference that actually matters, CU gets national TV games on networks that people watch at times that people watch. CU is one of 20 winningest programs of all time, CU has multiple national award winners (Heismann, Mackey, Butkus, Thorpe, etc.) and many more nominees.

In the big picture, while we suck right now (by our standards, we have had typical seasons by long term CSU standards) we are playing for national recognition and ultimately championships. Our games against the Corn are a part of that goal since they are frequently standing in our way of our goals.

CSU on the other hand is not a school on the national picture. A few all-American's like virtually every D-1 school has over time, a few top 20 rankings in the glory years of Sonny, but better known over the years as a fixture on the Bottom Ten column and a body bag opponent for schools needing an OOC win.

For CU, the CSU game is a step onto a bigger stage, one game in a season looking for an end result. For CSU, the CU game is the season. The Rams lost their last nine games last year but for many of their fans it was a successfull year because they beat CU. I went to grad school in Ft. Collins, I work with a lot of CSU grads, I have years of experience dealing with their focus on CU. For them CU is the season, for many of their players CU is the season. For CU it is an important game but only the first important game.

What the Buffs need to figure out is that the Rams will come out gunning for them. This game gets their maximum effort, their maximum preparation, their full scope of attention. Talentwise the teams are not close. Truthfully how many CSU players would break the CU two-deep, 6-8 maybe. But emotion and preparation play a huge part in this and all games and this is where I worry. Last year CSU came out ready to play, CU didn't. End result an embarassing CSU win, we can't let that happen again. CSU expended so much into winning last years game that they should have lost the following week to a FCS level team (old D-1a) only being saved by an unforced fumble as they were setting up for a chip shot game winning FG. CU never really recovered and stunk it up the rest of the season as well.

If Hawk and the Captains do not have CU ready to go out and dominate this game this year then he should be fired on the spot. If Fairchild loses, he gave a great effort and it was to be expected since after all CU has so much more to work with. That is the difference in the programs and the significance of the game.

Back