What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Got my tickets for the CU/Nebraska game...

i live in omaha and would rather not go to lincoln for the game. i will watch it on HD at home.

what? explain that to me, win or loose its better to be there and support the team than sit at home and just re-enforce the husker mentality that we dont travel. I'll be there in bright yellow right with all the ****er season ticket holders.

what? explain that to me, win or loose its better to be there and support the team than sit at home and just re-enforce the husker mentality that we dont travel. I'll be there in bright yellow right with all the ****er season ticket holders.

That's not mentality ;) you guys don't travel well...

I was thinking about going this year but it would be a stretch financially for me as a student and the team's performance just isn't good enough to justify spending several hundred dollars to watch a probable loss. =/ I've always wanted to go to a game in Lincoln (even though I hate the town horribly...) but it looks like 2 years from now is more likely than this year!

I'll be enjoying the game with my wife, who is a Husker fan (dread), and her parents who are both Husker fans (dread, dread). I did buy tickets in the CU section though, so be nice. Her dad has gone with me to the last couple CU/NU games in Stinkin and we sat in the sea of red, so this will be a nice change of pace.

Memorial Stadium is neat, but the tunnel walk is cool to see in person. I personally hope to see a tunnel collapse during the walk, but that is neither here nor there.

Section 20; 2/3 the way up (bloody noses are probable).

As a Buff fan isnt it a prerequisite to not have an ounce of love for the H*****S?? I dont know how you do it man, love is a powerful thing i guess :rolleyes:

lol have fun at the game!!

Yeah, we don't travel well. For big OOC games we show up, but not so much for in-conference.

You have to admit though, it's easy to travel well when you can pack up all of your belongings by just hitching your double wide to your 250. "Vacationing" to places like Norman, OK doesn't sound like much fun to me. When I go out to Norman in a few years for our game against OU I'll just go to have a good gameday experience, not to bask in the culture of shooting rats at the local dump.

Yeah, we don't travel well. For big OOC games we show up, but not so much for in-conference.

You have to admit though, it's easy to travel well when you can pack up all of your belongings by just hitching your double wide to your 250. "Vacationing" to places like Norman, OK doesn't sound like much fun to me. When I go out to Norman in a few years for our game against OU I'll just go to have a good gameday experience, not to bask in the culture of shooting rats at the local dump.

but if you lived in Norman would you go?

That's not mentality ;) you guys don't travel well to backwater sh!tholes in the Big 12

fify

We travel just fine to just about everyplace else. 10K or so in Tempe last year. Miami had 7-8K a couple years ago, and those are just the games I went to.

ok here is why. I travel to almost all the homegames. for some reason i miss one home game for one reason or another (work or family) this year it was texasss and my dad got sick. I have had season tickets sine 2002 or so.

I used to make sure i was at the fusker game in lincon had a horrible w/L record there. My last time in lincoln was 2000-2001 season and we lost 32-34
The entire game i got crap from the fans, was spit on and had pop thrown on me while leaving the game. I hate that stadium. when you are walking down the ramps there are little slits in where the seats are and if someone spills their drink it leaks down on those walking below. I feel like cattle in the stadium.

I don't mind getting crap from people but what i dont like is having people say **** CU and CU sucks and Go the **** home. It really gets old. I put up with that crap my entire life living in omaha. sometimes it is nice to be able to enjoy the game with my family. I don't feel confortable taking my 2 year old son to that stadium having him see the pond of red and see fuskers treat me the way we get treated. I love seening my buffs live but god i hate HATE LOATH that place.:gun:

I will look at tickets but i just dont know.

ok here is why. I travel to almost all the homegames. for some reason i miss one home game for one reason or another (work or family) this year it was texasss and my dad got sick. I have had season tickets sine 2002 or so.

I used to make sure i was at the fusker game in lincon had a horrible w/L record there. My last time in lincoln was 2000-2001 season and we lost 32-34
The entire game i got crap from the fans, was spit on and had pop thrown on me while leaving the game. I hate that stadium. when you are walking down the ramps there are little slits in where the seats are and if someone spills their drink it leaks down on those walking below. I feel like cattle in the stadium.

I don't mind getting crap from people but what i dont like is having people say **** CU and CU sucks and Go the **** home. It really gets old. I put up with that crap my entire life living in omaha. sometimes it is nice to be able to enjoy the game with my family. I don't feel confortable taking my 2 year old son to that stadium having him see the pond of red and see fuskers treat me the way we get treated. I love seening my buffs live but god i hate HATE LOATH that place.:gun:

I will look at tickets but i just dont know.

But the fans are so classy.....:rolleyes:

i have no problem supporting my buffs but damn its hard to do that here. The closest thing i have for an experience to being at that game for me was this year at the CU/CSU game we were late getting to tailgating and we went to the wrong lot. the pure CSU lot. 4 to 5 thousand CSU fans shouting obsinities and calling us names with a bull horn and calling me gay etc. it was really reminded me of being at home in nebraska.

I have my tickets to the CU/NU game. Not the best seats but not the worst either.

As Buffalo fans all I ask is that you be nice! :smile2::smile2:

To those who are also going, have a great visit to Lincoln and enjoy your your stay.

Here is to a good game! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

But the fans are so classy.....:rolleyes:

Give it a rest.................if any fan of any fanbase says they are classy, then they aren't classy. You don't get that type of rep by talking yourself up, which I don't do with us. We have a-holes the same as you guys do, our student section does stupid crap like talking $hit the same as CU's does. Now they may not get ejected from a game, but they are still drunken college kids. I don't want to clap for the visiting team coming on the field. I want our guys to rip their f-ing heads off and stand over their burning bodies on the 50 yard line while having their way with the visiting teams cheerleaders. Every fan wants that and I don't care who they are. Here's to an injury free game my a$$, here's to us kicking your a$$es whoever you may be and send you packing back to your worthless university. :gun:

***This post in no way is being directed towards the University of Colorado or it's teams, it is a general post being directed towards the team we play that particuliar weekend.***:smile2:

d71c...

This is an existing thread with a quasi-roll call for you viewing pleasure...

Go Buffs! See you in Stinkin!

Thanks....

I'll be in Lincoln about 10pm Thanksgiving night and will be more than willing to talk some ****. I'm excited to travel for the first time and support my Buffs.

**** the Huskers.

Give it a rest.................if any fan of any fanbase says they are classy, then they aren't classy. You don't get that type of rep by talking yourself up, which I don't do with us. We have a-holes the same as you guys do, our student section does stupid crap like talking $hit the same as CU's does. Now they may not get ejected from a game, but they are still drunken college kids. I don't want to clap for the visiting team coming on the field. I want our guys to rip their f-ing heads off and stand over their burning bodies on the 50 yard line while having their way with the visiting teams cheerleaders. Every fan wants that and I don't care who they are. Here's to an injury free game my a$$, here's to us kicking your a$$es whoever you may be and send you packing back to your worthless university. :gun:

***This post in no way is being directed towards the University of Colorado or it's teams, it is a general post being directed towards the team we play that particuliar weekend.***:smile2:

Heh.. fairly close to what I was about to post, minus the death and rape. :lol:

But I admit to being troubled by the post from the guy claiming he was spat upon, had things thrown at him at Memorial Stadium in Lincoln. I would like to have seen those incidents from the beginning, because my guess is there must have been some sort of back and forth junk going on. Even then, it is not excusable for fans to behave that way toward visitors to Lincoln, in or out of the Stadium. Very sorry to hear that those things are going on at all.

Speaking of Memorial Stadium in Lincoln, my wife and I both criticize it for the "packed like sardines" nature of the place when it's full.

I'm from L.A. and I'm used to a the Rose Bowl and the Coliseum, where there is elbow room, plus a bit more in the way of design; Memorial Stadium in Lincoln is just not a good looking place and it has flaws, not the least of which is the afore mentioned spaces in the upper flooring which can cause liquid to rain down on those leaving on the ramps (and the ramps themselves are just about the strangest thing I've seen for a facility that large).

But the beauty of the place is something that most from outside Nebraska may not be able to relate to: it has to do with a deep pride in *the state of Nebraska,* a sort of heartfelt patriotism that I've not seen anywhere else for the state where people live exemplified by the stadium where their football team plays. I've seen pride in the state, but not connected to the stadium and the team so deeply.

We travel just fine to just about everyplace else. 10K or so in Tempe last year. Miami had 7-8K a couple years ago, and those are just the games I went to.

We easily had 7-8K at Georgia and our team was 0-3 and 27 point underdogs going into that game. Also more than sold out our allotment for FSU back in 2004 and I remember hearing a lot of FSU fans commenting on how many Buff fans there were since most other OOC opponents don't show up.

I agree with others that state that CU travels just fine to good OOC destinations, but does not in conference because of all of the sh**hole destinations that make up the Big XII.

I am travelling to Lincoln for the game but not nearly as excited as going to an enjoyable destination like I do every year (but this year) to watch the Buffs.

Last edited:
Heh.. fairly close to what I was about to post, minus the death and rape. :lol:

But I admit to being troubled by the post from the guy claiming he was spat upon, had things thrown at him at Memorial Stadium in Lincoln. I would like to have seen those incidents from the beginning, because my guess is there must have been some sort of back and forth junk going on. Even then, it is not excusable for fans to behave that way toward visitors to Lincoln, in or out of the Stadium. Very sorry to hear that those things are going on at all.

Speaking of Memorial Stadium in Lincoln, my wife and I both criticize it for the "packed like sardines" nature of the place when it's full.

I'm from L.A. and I'm used to a the Rose Bowl and the Coliseum, where there is elbow room, plus a bit more in the way of design; Memorial Stadium in Lincoln is just not a good looking place and it has flaws, not the least of which is the afore mentioned spaces in the upper flooring which can cause liquid to rain down on those leaving on the ramps (and the ramps themselves are just about the strangest thing I've seen for a facility that large).

But the beauty of the place is something that most from outside Nebraska may not be able to relate to: it has to do with a deep pride in *the state of Nebraska,* a sort of heartfelt patriotism that I've not seen anywhere else for the state where people live exemplified by the stadium where their football team plays. I've seen pride in the state, but not connected to the stadium and the team so deeply.

What's a post without death and rape?

Back