What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Greatest Email Ever

Astronauts
Loren Acton, NASA astronaut
Patrick Baudry, CNES astronaut
Vance D. Brand, NASA astronaut
Scott Carpenter, NASA astronaut
Kalpana Chawla, NASA astronaut died on Columbia
Takao Doi, NASA astronaut
Samuel T. Durrance, NASA astronaut
John Herrington, NASA astronaut
Richard Hieb, NASA astronaut
Marsha Ivins, NASA astronaut
John M. Lounge, NASA astronaut
George Nelson, NASA astronaut
Ellison Onizuka, NASA astronaut died on Challenger
Stuart Roosa, NASA astronaut
Ronald M. Sega, NASA astronaut
Jack Swigert, NASA astronaut flew on Apollo 13
James Voss, NASA astronaut
David Ettenger, NASA astronaut
Economy, Business and Law
Mohammed Al Mady, President of SABIC
James Barton, Co-founder of TiVo
Stephen Bechtel, Jr., head of Bechtel Group; chair of National Academy of Engineering
Hank Brown, U.S. Senator; U.S. Representative; Colorado State Senator; former president of the University of Northern Colorado, president of the University of Colorado system
Nicholas Doman, assistant to U.S. chief prosecutor at Nuremberg Trials
Richard S. Fuld, Lehman Brothers, Chairman and CEO
Floyd Hall, GM of TWA, president of Eastern Air Lines
Richard Knowlton, president and CEO of Hormel Co.
Jeanne Pellegren Jackson, former CEO of Walmart, president of the Banana Republic, executive V.P. of Victoria's Secret, senior V.P. of Walt Disney Co.
William Lee Knous, State Supreme Court judge and State Legislator
Tom Marsico, Founder of Marsico Funds Management, a mutual funds Company
Sanford McDonnell, President of McDonnell Aircraft Corporation
Jerry McMorris, president, chairman, and CEO of the Colorado Rockies baseball team
Scott Oki, former senior vice-president of sales and marketing for Microsoft who conceived and built Microsoft's international operations.
Roberta C. Ramo, lawyer, first female president of the American Bar Association
Wiley Rutledge, U.S. Supreme Court Justice; Associate Justice of U.S. Appeals Court
Stephen Walsh, Deputy Chief Investment Officer; Western Asset Management Company
Byron White, associate justice of the Supreme Court
Edwin Araque, current Vice-President of Honduras National Central Bank, former Subsecretary of Economy and Commerce of Honduras, by Presidential Decree he is temporary General Manager of Empresa Nacional Portuaria (Honduras National Port Authority).
David Kennedy, co-founder of Wieden + Kennedy advertising agency, well-known for its 1980s "Just Do It" campaign for Nike. Kennedy has a degree in fine art from the university.
Journalism
Glenn Asakawa, Winner of the Pulitzer Prize in the category of Breaking News Photography for coverage of the Columbine High School shootings.
Kevin Corke, NBC News Correspondent
Tom Costello, NBC News Correspondent
Lee Hanna, vice president NBC News, winner of 25 awards including 3 Emmy and 2 Peabody
Jim Gray, ESPN and ABC Sports
Joe Kernen, CNBC Anchor
Doug Looney, senior sports writer for Sports Illustrated; co-author of New York Times best selling book
Robert Palmer, Emmy Award winner; news editor and executive editor
Carl Quintanilla, NBC News Correspondent
Rick Reilly, Sports Illustrated writer, ten-time National Sportswriter of the Year
Chris Fowler, ESPN Sports
Mario Dianda, Oakland Tribune
Politics
William H. Allen, (Colorado Law School) former Fort Collins mayor
David Bolen, U.S. Ambassador to German Dem. Rep., Botswana, Lesotho and Swaziland; first CU Olympian
Bob Beauprez, former U.S. Representative
Mary Ann Casey, Ambassador to Algeria, Tunisia
Tsakhiagiyn Elbegdorj, leader of non-violent revolution that brought democracy to Mongolia, two time Prime Minister, one time vice speaker of the parliament, one time Majority Leader of the parliament, and three time Member of Parliament
Ellen Johnson-Sirleaf, President of Liberia
Richard LeBaron, Ambassador to Kuwait
Bill Ritter (Colorado Law School) Denver District Attorney, Advisor to the U.S. Attorney General, Governor of Colorado (D)
Roy Romer, (Colorado Law School) former Colorado governor
Richard A. Sossi, Maryland politician.
Llewellyn Thompson, Ambassador to USSR; consul to Moscow; received the Medal of Freedom
Other
Lynne Cheney, wife of U.S. Vice President Dick Cheney
Glenn Porzak, one of the first to climb the highest peak of all seven continents
Larry Day, one of the first two D.M.A. recipients from the School of Music. Student of Berton Coffin.
Sorry for the 14 year delay in responding. I had no idea Carl Quintanilla is a Buff. Does nice work on Squawk on the Street every morning.

What did he call out? Academics? Football?
It was a funny back and forth with the other hosts. The discussion was about Ivy League schools, and he kept having to apologize for schools he left out (Cornell, Dartmouth, etc). Then he asked Becky if CU is included. She said no, but MIT is (he has an advanced degree from MIT). Thus, not necessarily a shout out to CU, other than the exposure and now my knowledge that he is a Buff. 😂

It was a funny back and forth with the other hosts. The discussion was about Ivy League schools, and he kept having to apologize for schools he left out (Cornell, Dartmouth, etc). Then he asked Becky if CU is included. She said no, but MIT is (he has an advanced degree from MIT). Thus, not necessarily a shout out to CU, other than the exposure and now my knowledge that he is a Buff. 😂
Tom Costello is as well.

5* for your thread selection to place this post
I’ve learned that when you (yes, pretty much just you) raise an old thread, it doesn’t recognize the previously read feature and I start from post number 1 instead of taking me to the current post.

5 minutes after reading posts from 2008 and wondering how I could possibly have 10 pages of unread thoughts on a board I spend way too much time on, I realize nothing is actually new.

So thanks for that.

Pulling a ****ing @hokiehead bull**** move on an old thread. But big shoutout to Carl Quintanilla on CNBC. This guy is ****ing great. As is Joe Kernan. Repping the Buffs in a big way.

Back