What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Greg Brown interviews for USF D-Coordinator job

I never said that.

It's just funny how some people will never give someone any credit. Ever. It's alway someone else.

I feel the same way when some poeple always pass the blame onto someone else.

To be honest, cu being 4th in total defense was a suprise. I really thought our front 7 would be much better last year, but as you, boulder buff and I have stated, tackling was pretty bad last year.

:cry: Continuity=Prosperity. Losing Brown would suck. So if Brown leaves who supposedly runs most of the defense, who does it next year without him?

over bye greg

Not so fast. He hasn't decided yet.
http://www.tboblogs.com/index.php/sports/comments/no-decision-yet-from-cus-brown/

No decision yet from CU’s Brown
Posted By Brett McMurphy at Feb 28, 2009 at 10:29 PM
Updated Feb 28, 2009 at 10:43 PM​

Colorado secondary coach Greg Brown remains undecided whether to accept an offer to become defensive coordinator at the University of South Florida.
Brown, who did not return phone calls Saturday, interviewed with USF coach Jim Leavitt in Tampa Friday. Brown is the fourth defensive coordinator candidate Leavitt has interviewed in person to find a replacement for Wally Burnham.
If Brown took the USF job, he likely would receive a substantial raise from what he made at CU.
Last season, Brown, 50, was the Buffs’ fifth-highest paid assistant, making $143,932, the Boulder Daily Camera reported. Burnham made $220,000 last season. So at a minimum, Brown would likely make at least the same amount Burnham received.
Colorado starting cornerback Cha’pelle Brown said it would be a tough loss for the Buffs if Brown left.
“That’s who I deal with on a day-to-day basis and every year I get better, I credit it to him because he’s always having us work,” Brown told the Daily Camera. “It would be hard if he leaves.”
Brown has been at Colorado the past three seasons. He has spent 15 years as an NFL assistant with six teams, including the Tampa Bay Bucs from 1984-86.

I'd bet he's gone. Why do you interview if you're not interested?

You interview to find out if you are interested.

I have this gut feeling. If Greg Brown stays, it's because he really likes where CU is going and wants to be part of it. He's my litmus test.

You interview to find out if you are interested.

I have this gut feeling. If Greg Brown stays, it's because he really likes where CU is going and wants to be part of it. He's my litmus test.
Turning down an 80k/yr pay raise would say something, agreed.

I have to think that one of the big reasons Brown came here was to be close to his parents. That has to be a big factor. We shall see. I can't stand any of the Florida schools. USF's coach seems like a wacko to me, but what do I know? That is just my uneducated, bias opinion.

This school needs to f-in pay these guys more and have them on multi year contracts.

Perhaps we need a pinned thread somewhere explaining that CU cannot do multi-year contracts because of Colorado's Constitution (TABOR Amendment, specifically). It's not a school decision to avoid multi-year contracts...

Perhaps we need a pinned thread somewhere explaining that CU cannot do multi-year contracts because of Colorado's Constitution (TABOR Amendment, specifically). It's not a school decision to avoid multi-year contracts...

Nobody would read it.
It's your civic duty to keep posting that statement every time someone brings up multi-year contracts.
This is a wonderful opportunity for you. So many people do not know their purpose in life.

96buff.jpg

buffs%20all

So then what is the solution? Get together and CHANGE the amendment. CU always playing behind the 8 ball.

They already offered Nebraska's LB coach (Eckler or whatever it is), and he declined. I see no reason why we can't hope and believe there's a great shot Brown declines it as well.

It'd be a big loss if he leaves, but I think there's a great chance of him staying.

They already offered Nebraska's LB coach (Eckler or whatever it is), and he declined. I see no reason why we can't hope and believe there's a great shot Brown declines it as well.

It'd be a big loss if he leaves, but I think there's a great chance of him staying.

I agree something's not quite right with the position if coaches keep turning it down. Let's hope Greg Brown is smart enough to do the same.

Back