What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Guess the Attendance: ASU & Arizona

StormTrooper

Things Have Changed
Club Member
The Buffs are coming off their first road sweep in 6 years and a thrashing of Oregon before that (in front of the largest CEC crowd of the season - 8654).

Last year the Arizona schools were both ranked in the top 15 and the crowds were 7740 for ASU and 8519 for Arizona, but the students were on winter break which impacted those numbers. This year neither team is nearly that good. ASU again has a better record, but Arizona will bring many more visiting fans to the building, despite being mediocre.

The last attendance of over 9000 came two years ago against #10 Oregon. The last attendance of over 10,000 was on Josh Scott's senior day three years ago against ASU. The last 11,000-plus sellout was the game before that against #9 Arizona.

Start times are not exactly ideal. ASU is Wednesday at 8:30 and Arizona is Sunday at 6.

What do you guys think? Will either game top 9,000? 10,000?

This weekend is President's Day weekend and there is the potentially for some decent new snow this weekend in the high country.

Wednesday will be decently attended, for a week night at 8:30pm. Sunday will be disappointing.

Last edited:
This weekend is President's Day weekend and there is the potentially for some decent new snow this weekend in the high country.

Wednesday will be decently attended, for a week night at 8:30pm. Saturday will be disappointing.

Zona is on Sunday. Is there a chance the students are back for tipoff?

The attendance at both of the upcoming home games against the Arizonas will far exceed that of USC's and UCLA's last two home games against CU.

Zona is on Sunday. Is there a chance the students are back for tipoff?
Thanks for the correction. Tip at 6, would mean leaving the slopes at 2, maybe 3 if you get lucky with traffic. I predict a late arriving crowd and a disappointing one at that.

Need to worry about Bey's hangover in this one? :ROFLMAO:
7500 then 8500. At least 1000 UA fans. UGH.

6,273 tonight. I guess no one got the memo that the season wasn't over yet. I thought my expectations for student turnout were so low that I couldn't be disappointed anymore, but here we are. Hopefully Sunday is better.

6,273 tonight. I guess no one got the memo that the season wasn't over yet. I thought my expectations for student turnout were so low that I couldn't be disappointed anymore, but here we are. Hopefully Sunday is better.

Students were pathetic tonight. Not a swipe at the ones that were there of course.

The promotion of the games is really lacking.

Looked like CU decided it was going to be a blackout game, yesterday morning. Didn't see anything regarding the bacon or the breakfast burritos or anything like that until yesterday either.

Twitter is free. Facebook is free. Emails are free. There is no reason CU can't pay some student intern to pump out game promotions daily, maybe twice daily. This isn't hard, it is just a lack of focus.

7899 tonight. Just gobsmacked by the lack of student support. Rest of the arena looked pretty alright.

It's pretty amazing how well the non-students seats were more or less filled given the cost of tickets. $45 for a bench reserved seat. $35 for general admission.
The students in the builidng worked hard to distract the AZ free throw shooters and it did seem to work to some extent.

It's pretty amazing how well the non-students seats were more or less filled given the cost of tickets. $45 for a bench reserved seat. $35 for general admission.
The students in the builidng worked hard to distract the AZ free throw shooters and it did seem to work to some extent.
They probably aren’t used to shooting free throws with a bunch of empty seats in the background.

I dont know why we can't make the C-Unit a "Club" type deal like they do with the MUSS at Utah. For basketball we have a very limited number of seats for students. Give them a reason to get there before their peers and be there often.

C-Unit Membership = $10

First 1750 or whatever through the doors every game (including women's games) earn points. Just dont make it the entire student section, to encourage early attendance.

5 points: free $10 gift card for sponsor x
10 points: free $25 gift card for sponsor y
15 points: free t-shirt
25 points: free sweatshirt
Every game: free replica Jersey or maybe even free round trip airfare with "air travel sponsor of the buffs" to Vegas, since both tournaments are now there.

Back