What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Guess the Attendance: Nebraska

What is the sellout number these days anyway? Maybe they'll allow standing room only because it'll be packed.

Immeasurable Fusker Tears.
Don’t forget the mountain of delusions, and a Mariana Trench full of explanations afterward.
What matters is how many surrender cobras and crying Nub fans we get photos of to post here after the game.
I like the dumbfounded ones too in ridiculous outfits.
Going to need extra private jet parking at the airport in Broomfield for all of Prime’s celebrity friends coming in for the game after today
This would be the most beautiful thing.

All Nub fans, and they’ll all get into fights with CU fans after getting beer dumped on them…and say that CU fans laced their drinks and food with shrooms and highly potent cannabis…and slashed their tires and keyed their cars.
…..and killed their dogs that were tethered to their 30 year old rusted out Winnebagos.

All Nub fans, and they’ll all get into fights with CU fans after getting beer dumped on them…and say that CU fans laced their drinks and food with shrooms and highly potent cannabis…and slashed their tires and keyed their cars.
Don’t forget pushed their grandma down the stairs.

What is the sellout number these days anyway? Maybe they'll allow standing room only because it'll be packed.
The official capacity is 50,183 these days, but you can get way more students in the student section than there are "seats", so it depends on the number of student sports passes sold. Utah in 2016 was a sellout at 52,301 but ASU in 2018 was not totally sold out at 52,681. I would expect this number to be over 53k but with the students being allocated another section at the expense of the general public it's hard to know for sure.

Whatever the announced number is, I would expect this to be by far the record for most people actually in the building since the capacity reduction in 2014.
(And you can add one to that figure, because I finally got my ticket this morning. I'm comin' baby.)

The official capacity is 50,183 these days, but you can get way more students in the student section than there are "seats", so it depends on the number of student sports passes sold. Utah in 2016 was a sellout at 52,301 but ASU in 2018 was not totally sold out at 52,681. I would expect this number to be over 53k but with the students being allocated another section at the expense of the general public it's hard to know for sure.

Whatever the announced number is, I would expect this to be by far the record for most people actually in the building since the capacity reduction in 2014.
(And you can add one to that figure, because I finally got my ticket this morning. I'm comin' baby.)
I believe they sold a total of 15k student passes in two allotments. But then they have to claim a ticket for each game, and I'm not sure they have stated how many they allowed to be claimed.

News story on right now about students that bought passes but are unable to claim/use them

school sold 1000 extra student tickets then seats available. Knowing all wouldn't show to every game. So 1000 kids are disappointed

school sold 1000 extra student tickets then seats available. Knowing all wouldn't show to every game. So 1000 kids are disappointed
That’s not cool. They should find a spot somewhere for those kids someplace in or around the stadium… maybe put up a big screen in Balch and let them watch it there or something

I am sure they failed to mention that the pass also gets them into every other football game, all basketball games, all soccer games, all volleyball games. Ya it sucks they all couldn't get into this specific game but it will all work out.

I am sure they failed to mention that the pass also gets them into every other football game, all basketball games, all soccer games, all volleyball games. Ya it sucks they all couldn't get into this specific game but it will all work out.
The process is flawed. They can do better. I think the CSU game will be even worse. I'll give the administration a bit of a pass, though, because of the tsunami that has hit them since Prime became our coach. But they need to figure this out before next year.

I don't understand why they can't do the system similar to when I was a student. Where you show up early before school starts to get your season tickets. Either that or give grad students, seniors, and juniors priority on claiming. They get first dibs, then sophomores, then freshman. If anyone misses a game, it should be a freshman. They could easily enable a system where if you claim a ticket but don't use it, your priority gets knocked down for the next round, miss two in a row and you get bumped to the bottom.

The change I saw that will help for future games is...if a student claims a ticket for a football game, but then does not use that claimed ticket to enter the game, the student can not claim a ticket for the next football game. And there are bound to be kids that claim and don't use for various reasons.

So kids that missed out on the nubs will have a better chance for the CSU game.

"If you claim a football ticket but do not get your ticket scanned in at Folsom Field, you forfeit the opportunity to claim a ticket to the next home football game. If for some reason you know in advance that you cannot attend, email cutix@colorado.edu from your STUDENT EMAIL ACCOUNT no later than 24 hours before kickoff"

I believe they sold a total of 15k student passes in two allotments. But then they have to claim a ticket for each game, and I'm not sure they have stated how many they allowed to be claimed.
If 15k is the number, they'll count them all for every game even if they don't allow that many in. In 2021 they sold an extra 2k passes for a total of 14k, even though the jam-packed student section against Northern Colorado for the first game post-covid had 11,600 scans (which was announced as a record). That was before they added an extra section. So I'm sure they can fit 14k in there now. But if there are only 1k more sports passes total, and they lost an entire section of general public tickets to sell on top of that, I'm curious if these numbers will be as big as we're all expecting.

everyone-angry.gif

Yeah. There were dots of red outside the visitor section, but barely more than there were dots of CU black among the Nub fans in their section. They bought a good number of the cheap seats in the South end zone above the students & band, but otherwise it was like a normal Pac-12 visiting fan showing.
I missed you

Back