What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Guess the Attendance: Rocky Mountain Showdown

Two thoughts:
  • The back of the envelope calculations for today's sales from my post #104 were pretty accurate- thought we'd get to 37,270 with 24 hours to go, and the total was 37,407 according to Howell. If the other calculation holds (total attendance 2.06X CU's sold base with 24 hours to go) we're going to get to a sellout.
  • CU opened up more student athletics passes- look at Howell's tweets from the last two days. He said yesterday that they had "1K left for students" when they'd sold 9,829 passes; they sold almost exactly 1,000 in 22 hours and he tweeted that "664 remain". How does that happen? Can they convert public tix to student tix?

CU sold out. I just found out I'd be off tomorrow so went to look and they have no tickets. That blows. I'm not paying $55 for nose bleed.

Two thoughts:
  • The back of the envelope calculations for today's sales from my post #104 were pretty accurate- thought we'd get to 37,270 with 24 hours to go, and the total was 37,407 according to Howell. If the other calculation holds (total attendance 2.06X CU's sold base with 24 hours to go) we're going to get to a sellout.
  • CU opened up more student athletics passes- look at Howell's tweets from the last two days. He said yesterday that they had "1K left for students" when they'd sold 9,829 passes; they sold almost exactly 1,000 in 22 hours and he tweeted that "664 remain". How does that happen? Can they convert public tix to student tix?
No. They just squeeze more into the student section. There's usually room to spare in there. Maybe not anymore.

Great to see.

hah, that's the group you are in now? FYI, you can do that till you are about 35 in Folsom. Maybe not this year though, the kids look hyped. :ROFLMAO:
I know it! At 23 I think I can do it. I bought season tickets, but I told my friends for this game just to get the cheapest ticket on stubhub and we can go to the student section because they haven't checked ever before if you go up when you get in instead of going down. Hopefully Argus doesn't get a stick up their ass tomorrow. Pumped for a helluva an atmosphere. Gonna be chippy in the tailgating area.

CU sold out. I just found out I'd be off tomorrow so went to look and they have no tickets. That blows. I'm not paying $55 for nose bleed.
Also, that's insane. CU went from 3,000 left to sold out in an afternoon into evening.
I might have been a bit optimistic with the CU sales. Students are going to be real close. Normal ticket sales have really slowed down, probably because the only seats that are left are absolute crap and the prices are steep for that level.
You were WRONG snow.

Also, that's insane. CU went from 3,000 left to sold out in an afternoon into evening.

You were WRONG snow.

Brian Howell does not believe it's really sold out yet. He is pretty sure that all unsold tickets as of 4pm today were turned over to the broncos/mile high

Brian Howell does not believe it's really sold out yet. He is pretty sure that all unsold tickets as of 4pm today were turned over to the broncos/mile high
hmm. Still, if it's just those two sections, that's a lot less than 2400. Guess we find out tomorrow.

they aren't on Ticketmaster? I'm not sure I buy that unless they go available tomorrow which wouldn't make sense. CU had tickets available down low and Ticketmaster shows none.

True. I'm very glad we have this problem. Good work creating the foundation for this problem, btw!
This has a lot more to do with last year's team I think. But it's worth noting that last year we sold like 9800 or something with much less preseason hype. The end zone looked full. Not sure where they're gonna put everybody this year.

This has a lot more to do with last year's team I think. But it's worth noting that last year we sold like 9800 or something with much less preseason hype. The end zone looked full. Not sure where they're gonna put everybody this year.
The kids always find a way. When we play UW in Folsom, they will be standing sideways and the bleachers will be breaking from the weight. Good times, good times.

The kids always find a way. When we play UW in Folsom, they will be standing sideways and the bleachers will be breaking from the weight. Good times, good times.
Yeah, looking at the numbers I saw from last year there's a substantial difference between an apparently full student section (ASU) and a jam packed student section (UCLA).

I know, I know, get off your lawn! Do you talk to all the random strangers you encounter every day?
I always talk to people I don't know if the situation is right. If I was in that line I'd strike up conversations with people I don't know. Yeah. I do all the time.

Back