What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Guess the Attendance: Stanford

I don't know, but I would tend to doubt it.

Hypothetically, let's say that a student posted a t-shirt design on the site. And, hypothetically, let's imagine that a few thousand of that t-shirt got made and delivered to the student from a hypothetical benefactor. Would this, hypothetically of course, pose a problem or violate a rule?

The money isn't the problem with the student section.
No. Its the bribing. The AD bribed the students before and it worked. I agree with everyone that we shouldn't HAVE to do that, but we do. Clearly. So if the AD is not willing to do that, then the C-Unit leadership should be allowed to take matters into their own hands. Being handcuffed by marketing and the AD makes the problem worse.

Hypothetically, let's say that a student posted a t-shirt design on the site. And, hypothetically, let's imagine that a few thousand of that t-shirt got made and delivered to the student from a hypothetical benefactor. Would this, hypothetically of course, pose a problem or violate a rule?
I could bring this up with marketing. Honestly not sure but I always assume the worst when it comes to violations.

I could bring this up with marketing. Honestly not sure but I always assume the worst when it comes to violations.
What could the AD do if this kind of thing happened? I guess what would be the punishment if you suddenly got a couple thousand free shirts without asking "mother may I?"

Honestly I think the AD has taken a great idea and micro managed it to death. The way it used to be, at least as I understood, was that you had a loosely grouped bunch of students that took their own time to print the buff chips, gather newspapers from around campus, and produce and provide the big heads. Then it all got passed through marketing for final approval.

A lot of doing, then asking for permission after.

If Marketing isn't going to help, I don't see why you all can't go out and get stuff done yourselves. You all are adults, you can make good decisions. Don't need marketing folks dictating your every decision.

The reason there aren't any shirts this year is entirely because of money.
I doubt a lack of shirts is keeping people from the game. They gave out free shirts when I was a student "fueled by powerbar" or the back and no one went to the games.

I just think the team needs to get ranked. Then they get mentioned on sportscenter and websites. Once that happens, it raises awareness and people want to go.

Honestly I think the AD has taken a great idea and micro managed it to death. The way it used to be, at least as I understood, was that you had a loosely grouped bunch of students that took their own time to print the buff chips, gather newspapers from around campus, and produce and provide the big heads. Then it all got passed through marketing for final approval.

A lot of doing, then asking for permission after.

If Marketing isn't going to help, I don't see why you all can't go out and get stuff done yourselves. You all are adults, you can make good decisions. Don't need marketing folks dictating your every decision.
Exactly, it sounds as if they aren't getting much support anyway. What are they going to do, take away the t-shirts? They aren't giving them anyway.

I doubt a lack of shirts is keeping people from the game. They gave out free shirts when I was a student "fueled by powerbar" or the back and no one went to the games.

I just think the team needs to get ranked. Then they get mentioned on sportscenter and websites. Once that happens, it raises awareness and people want to go.

So how do you explain a team that is not only high scoring and entertaining to watch, but is also tied for 2nd place in the conference with a 16-5 record is drawing 8,000 for a prime time game against a P5 opponent. It isn't a matter of one or the other. There are multiple pieces that were being leveraged at the same time a few years ago that really drove the frenzy that was the C-Unit.

Its a machine that will take care of itself when you get it up and running. You gotta grease the gears every now and then though. The AD went from full on give aways at almost every game and post season trips for the top attending students to nothing in 1 year. Combine that with the fact that the team was garbage last year and the AD effectively let all the air out of the balloon.

Might be better to ask for forgiveness rather than permission. There hasn't ever been any real punishment for going around marketing, but there have been things that haven't happened because we tried to do them by the book.

So how do you explain a team that is not only high scoring and entertaining to watch, but is also tied for 2nd place in the conference with a 16-5 record is drawing 8,000 for a prime time game against a P5 opponent. It isn't a matter of one or the other. There are multiple pieces that were being leveraged at the same time a few years ago that really drove the frenzy that was the C-Unit.

Its a machine that will take care of itself when you get it up and running. You gotta grease the gears every now and then though. The AD went from full on give aways at almost every game and post season trips for the top attending students to nothing in 1 year. Combine that with the fact that the team was garbage last year and the AD effectively let all the air out of the balloon.
Well...they're giving away 500 leis at the Cal game because it's a "Lu-Out"....

Exactly, it sounds as if they aren't getting much support anyway. What are they going to do, take away the t-shirts? They aren't giving them anyway.

And maybe that was the attitude of some of the former C-Unit leaders that made it the "cool" thing to be a part of. They pushed the line every game. That attitude invaded the student section as a whole. That atmosphere going away is probably just a result of being restructured and absorbed by marketing.

We've also neglected to address the fact that the AD might be making more money selling 8,000 tickets this year than they did selling 11,000 tickets a few years ago. This probably doesn't bother them as much as it bothers us.

And maybe that was the attitude of some of the former C-Unit leaders that made it the "cool" thing to be a part of. They pushed the line every game. That attitude invaded the student section as a whole. That atmosphere going away is probably just a result of being restructured and absorbed by marketing.
The swagger is definitely not there. I don't really know how to go about getting it back at this point .

The swagger is definitely not there. I don't really know how to go about getting it back at this point .

whatever it takes to do it, I guarantee marketing is not going to like it. They want you all to act in a "family friendly" manner. That isn't what college student sections should be.

If you have any questions, we are going to hop on a call with Matt Biggers at 5:00 pm about this very issue.

We'll also post that interview and include snippets in tomorrow's Friday Night Live.

If you have any questions, we are going to hop on a call with Matt Biggers at 5:00 pm about this very issue.

We'll also post that interview and include snippets in tomorrow's Friday Night Live.

Very interested in this interview.
Why is the C-Unit not allowed to fund raise or solicit donations?

If the AD cannot afford to or is unwilling to financially back the Student Sections (C-Unit, Folsom Frenzy, Gold Diggers, Buff Brigade, etc.), above the minimum, as a member of the department, why are they not given freedom to operate as their own student organization/group in partnership with the AD.

Last edited:
I think the attendance issue is a direct result of moving the national anthem so early.

Hypothetically, an order of 2000 gray shirts with the black C-Unit logo on the front would cost $5620. Hypothetically. (White would be under $4k)

Last edited:
T's for 3's are different. Those are provided by a sponsor. Which could also happen for the C-Unit if the AD allowed them to.

Yeah the one's they've been throwing out are Honey Smoked Salmon Fish Co...and I could be wrong, but I don't even think they say CU on the shirt. Kinda lame.

Back