What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Guess the Attendance: UCLA

Buffs break 50k for the first time in the MM era, an attendance record that will be broken on November.

Absolutely. We need to capture new fans. Tshirt fans, as it were. Not like broncos fans are alums or natives for the most part.
I'm neither and most of my group are not either. We are all from the PAC12 footprint and love college football. We became friends when of our group always had extra tickets during the Neuheisel years. We each became fans of the Buffs and it stuck. We all kept going to games even during the garbage years.

Winning will bring many of these otherwise neutral fans into our web. The key is to cement them as true fans, so they stick around for good.

If we can't sell out a primetime game against a big name conference opponent while the weather is still nice and there isn't much snow, no way do we sell out a game when its cold and the high country has gotten some snow.
If the Utah game is for the south it will sell out. They'll bring a lot more fans than they have in the past as well. Wazzu, probably not.

Sure. And that's why Buffs FB & BB are considerably less expensive than the Broncos & Nuggets. I don't question that part of it. I question CU's marketing, PR, customer service and Gameday amenities being where they need to be to compete for a reasonable share of the state's sports entertainment dollar & attention. I believe that RG is doing good work in these areas, but there's a long way to go.
Fan amenities are pretty sub-standard, unless you are paying for premium seating/tailgating etc. I am not sure how much that matters (not to hard core fans) but I can see it not enticing band-wagoners.
Hope RG can slowly improve things now that the student-athletes have what they need.

been a season tix holder for eleven years and i am not a native or an alum....its possible...not having folsom full for the last three games this year would be a black eye

Is there a non-profit we can buy tickets for? If there were ever a time to invest in good will, new fans and loud atmosphere, this would be it. I have no illusions of filling Folsom, but it can't hurt.

Is there a non-profit we can buy tickets for? If there were ever a time to invest in good will, new fans and loud atmosphere, this would be it. I have no illusions of filling Folsom, but it can't hurt.
When you go to buy single game tickets , you can buy 15$ tix for vets i think

going to take a few years to rebuild the fan base. Lots more people are interested, but the season ticket holder numbers are so low that it prevents walk up interest from being the cherry on top. Instead, we rely on walk up interest to fill way too much.
What this season will do is help season tickets sales next year big time.

What this season will do is help season tickets sales next year big time.
Well, I hope you're right, but usually that only happens after sellouts the previous year. not like fans haven't been able to get any single game they wanted this year.

I think we're a year or two away from that bump.

Reported by Brian Howell that CU has sold just under 37,000 tickets so far. Not great.
I'm thinking that the only way to salvage this number at this point is to give students the opportunity to purchase discounted tickets for sections 101-104 (visitor section) and 215-220. I know that the current AD is extremely averse to "devaluing tickets," but it shouldn't be tough to justify cutting students a deal when the alternative is either handing out thousands of freebies or having thousands of empty seats.
Even if it ends up being a pretty small crowd, I'm still hopeful that it'll be loud and engaged.

Apologies if this is the wrong place to ask, but what's your take on the rooftop terrace? Trying to fly in for the game & was considering going in on a family 4 pack & buying the rooftop upgrades. Is it an enjoyable place to watch a game? The alternative being to binge drink outside the stadium... testing ones fortitude against that of a blackout (mental, not clothing)... maybe try to sneak a few in & repeat at halftime! At least that's how I remember it playing out... been a while. Feedback appreciated!

Apologies if this is the wrong place to ask, but what's your take on the rooftop terrace? Trying to fly in for the game & was considering going in on a family 4 pack & buying the rooftop upgrades. Is it an enjoyable place to watch a game? The alternative being to binge drink outside the stadium... testing ones fortitude against that of a blackout (mental, not clothing)... maybe try to sneak a few in & repeat at halftime! At least that's how I remember it playing out... been a while. Feedback appreciated!

If you live and die with every play, probably not for you. If your group wants more of just a fun time with the game as the backdrop, it's a great choice.

That said, some people on here who I know to live and die with every play do buy the rooftop passes. They don't necessarily stay there for the entire game, though. Move back and forth between seat and rooftop.

Ditto what Nik says. I bought the season worth last year@$10/game,enjoyed pregaming up there,then going to my seat the rest of the game. Price went up to $25(?)/game this year and I decided I didn't enjoy it that much.

Just get into the stadium for as cheaply as you can, never visit your assigned seats, and sit in row 2 at the 40 yard line behind the visitor's bench. There are always seats open there, and you are literally 10 yards from inbounds. Best seats in the house. Beer and wine and food is sold in nearby Balch Fieldhouse and you can see the game from there through the open doors as you sip your local beers (they don't allow the beer in the stands). As for sneaking, airline bottles are your friend. Buy a large coke inside, pour a couple of them into it, and you are set for a good while.

Last edited:
Back