What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Guess the Attendance: UNC

Noting that CU (like most schools) officially reports attendance by tickets distributed (vs turnstile count), I wouldn't be surprised if that's a smaller number than the tickets already distributed.

Noting that CU (like most schools) officially reports attendance by tickets distributed (vs turnstile count), I wouldn't be surprised if that's a smaller number than the tickets already distributed.
I was thinking more of the turnstile number...but agree on what you said

This might actually be a little optimistic for the turnstile count, but since that's not announced publicly (I had to ask so many times to get that information back when I was in the student section) these threads always guess the announced, inflated number. So I can't count this guess in the average and you are free to guess again if you want.

This might actually be a little optimistic for the turnstile count, but since that's not announced publicly (I had to ask so many times to get that information back when I was in the student section) these threads always guess the announced, inflated number. So I can't count this guess in the average and you are free to guess again if you want.
giphy.gif

Last time UNC was here in 2017 that game did 44,318 paid.
Some other comparable recent non-conference games:
2016 Idaho State: 39,505
2017 Texas State: 43,822
2018 New Hampshire: 42,360

Looks to me like there are a lot of seats available for this. I'm gonna go 41,414. Hopefully there's a good student crowd, which won't help the number as those are season tickets, but it will help the atmosphere.

Last time UNC was here in 2017 that game did 44,318 paid.
Some other comparable recent non-conference games:
2016 Idaho State: 39,505
2017 Texas State: 43,822
2018 New Hampshire: 42,360

Looks to me like there are a lot of seats available for this. I'm gonna go 41,414. Hopefully there's a good student crowd, which won't help the number as those are season tickets, but it will help the atmosphere.
I was at all of those games listed. Since I have to fly in, my annual Folsom strategy is to attend the weakest OOC games possible in order to pleasurably see a win, and then go to a conference game later with mixed results. Consistent with this strategy, I shall attend the UNC game on Friday. I think there will be a decent crowd of students, on a Friday night leading into the long Labor Day Weekend. Remember, it will be the first opportunity to see a game for both the sophomore and new freshmen classes.

Back