What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Hansen this weekend?

I've been saying this a lot myself, but each week Cody has seemingly proven that he is also part of the problem and I've started to realize that...there are certain weapons that can make a decent QB great in college football....size is one of them which made Freeman & KSU pretty good...speed/scrambling is another which made Reesing pretty good...arm strength is another and is what makes most QB's good (Bradford & McCoy)...but Cody only has the football head smarts part, which is a great key to posess but is only truly great when combined with at least 1 of the above attributes

I also like to say that a great player makes things happen in the face of adversity...and Cody has made absolutely nothing happen and I don't think he can make anything happen on his own

I can't argue with that. Ugh, this is depressing.

Look around the B12 at all the great QBs. Daniel, McCoy, Bradford, Robinson, Reesing, Griffin, Harrell, Freeman, hell even Ganz. It's depressing to see our QB situation where it is. If OSU, NU, Baylor, Mizzou and KU can attract good QBs, there is no reason CU can't as well.

I've been saying this a lot myself, but each week Cody has seemingly proven that he is also part of the problem and I've started to realize that...there are certain weapons that can make a decent QB great in college football....size is one of them which made Freeman & KSU pretty good...speed/scrambling is another which made Reesing pretty good...arm strength is another and is what makes most QB's good (Bradford & McCoy)...but Cody only has the football head smarts part, which is a great key to posess but is only truly great when combined with at least 1 of the above attributes

I also like to say that a great player makes things happen in the face of adversity...and Cody has made absolutely nothing happen and I don't think he can make anything happen on his own

Well said. IMO, it is a two part problem. The OL has problems because of injuries and academic casualties. The fact CH has had trouble developing a run threat either from a scramble or designed QB draw exacerbates teh lack of a dangerous deep threat. Safeties cheat up to support the run D, the DL pin their ears back and it becomes a vicious cycle...

I'm sorry unless Cody gets pulled early and allows MB enough game time to make some plays and grow up, this will be a loss. Next week is no the time to put in Ballenger w/o some real gametime experience. If COdy doesnt do well in the game, he needs to be pulled early so that MB isnt put in a no-win situation next week.

CU will have a hard time with Mizzou regardless, so a decision needs to be made as to who is the best QB to set up of success.

Personally, I think we will not win another game with COdy. He's too sure of himself and feels he cant do wrong and that he'll be the starter no matter what. I'm tired of the excuses, if we cant win this weekend, the program has taken a big step back.

Last edited:
I'm sorry unless Cody gets pulled early and allows MB enough game time to make some plays and grow up. This will be a loss. Next week is no the time to put in Ballenger w/o some real gametime experience. If COdy doesnt do well in the game, he needs to be pulled early so the MB isnt put in a no-win sitaution next week.

CU will have a hard time with Mizzou regardless, so a decision needs to be make as to who is the best QB to set up of success.

Personally, I think we will not win another game with COdy. He's too sure of himself and feels he cant do wrong and that he'll be the starter no matter what. I'm tired of the excuses, if we cant win this weekend, the program has taken a big step back.

Dude, we get it. Do you have to keep posting a variation of the same post in every single thread? You don't think Cody is a good QB, you think the coaches are crappy... we get it. No need to keep typing up three paragraphs in every thread to say the same thing over and over again.

First of all, its no different than a lot of people here or other sites who keep stating the same thing over again to argue with the people who disagree who also keep stating their viewpoints over again.

Secondly, my message will continue to be the same until either I am proven wrong, (by the coaches, not other fans) or until I am convinced the vast majority also sees it the same way and admit it. :lol:

I feel bad for Cody. He is a great guy and I wish all the players had his heart and brain. But I think his future is as a coach, not a player. His football IQ is great but that is not enough. No matter how much we like Cody as a person, the fact is he is statistically the worst QB in the Big 12. Yes, part of the blame falls on the O-line but, here are his limitations as I see them:

The deep ball. He has problems stretching the field. (Poor arm strength)
Very limited ability to throw the frozen rope (again poor arm strength)
He rarely can hit a receiver in full stride.
His accuracy is inconsistent, so he doesn’t have confidence throwing the ball to a spot were only the receiver can catch it, when tightly covered.
Slow release. The defenders have time to react before ball released.
With a depleted O-line the QB needs to release the ball quickly, and Cody has trouble throwing over the line.
Cody does a pretty good job identifying an open receiver, but by the time the receiver is in a passing lane the DB has recovered.

If the rumor is true that Hansen is the next CU QB, not Ballenger, then I say pull the red shirt and let him get the reps. I don’t care if we go to the Tampex Bowl, I want to see CU competing for BCS games. If you let Hansen feel the speed of the game this year, then next year maybe we win 2 more games than if he were a rookie. If he then starts for the next three years than that is plenty fare to him.

Last edited:
just have rodney back there. didnt he throw the ball once?

Ya he did in Texas. Yep he pretty much threw it more accurate and farther than Cody could. Right to J Fly for biggest play for CU in the game. Wildcat formation anyone?

Ya he did in Texas. Yep he pretty much threw it more accurate and farther than Cody could. Right to J Fly for biggest play for CU in the game. Wildcat formation anyone?
Which Texas game are you talking about?

Hey...are you a NU imposter? McKnight to Darrell (ie, reality) is pretty close to Rodney to JFly (your suggestion).....

I am more likely to sleep with Elle McPhearson than Tyler Hansen is to play this weekend.

You never know...

elle.jpg

F82EE64C851030EDFD5FE3DBD5FE.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Say it fast a few times.

I tried that. Maybe I'm drunk, maybe I'm dumb, but in either case I still don't get it. Did someone say it was from Arrested Development? I haven't seen that show so I'm out of the loop. ****.

i told sackman at the tailgate today, sweaty teets is just immature.

I will continue to call you sweaty teets. You are in college and immature is normal. Don't try to grow up too quickly. Sweaty teets.

Skidmark has kids I think he has mentioned. You think he is too immature...skidmark...come on teets why change names!!

I tried that. Maybe I'm drunk, maybe I'm dumb, but in either case I still don't get it. Did someone say it was from Arrested Development? I haven't. Skidmark has kids I think he has mentioned. You think he is too immature...skidmark...come on teets why change names!!

Troo. I've been in a state of arrested development for decades. "Maturity" is a code word for "old" and it is entirely over-rated.

Back