What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Happy Football Season!!! (Official Camp Thread)

Nice to hear those old fields down the hill are more efficient for running practices than our brand new, expensive practice facility.

Nice to hear those old fields down the hill are more efficient for running practices than our brand new, expensive practice facility.
I think fall camp is a bit of different beast. You are trying to get max reps for 105 kids so you need a lot of room. Once you are down to game prep you have less bodies in motion, more 11 on 11 and less space needed at that point the new facilities are the best. Not to mention weather is not as much of a factor in fall

Yeah what S2S said

Is it a stretch to say the backup QB competition is close?
Probably. If Lytle didn't have a redshirt year available then I'd be watching this a lot more closely. But I can't imagine this staff pulling the RS unless it was an emergency situation.

Great stuff on Montez, but it was the MacIntyre quotes on Umu that got me most excited. Game changer if he's ready for prime time.

"Frank has come in in really good shape," MacIntyre said of the 6-foot-4, 305-pounder from Littleton. "Watching them this summer do their running, he ran better than he's ever run. He was up at the front of the group all the time because he's so athletic. He's just in great shape and that's showing out here."

"I'm excited where Frank is going," MacIntyre said. "He has length, he has power, he has strength. We've been able to 'soak' him for a couple of years so it's his time to start showing and playing."

Did a triple take with the first dude walking out.

"Oh #53, that's.. hmm Nate Landman, yeah Nate Landman makes sense. That's a big dude. Wait he's wearing black. And doesn't really look like Landman. Oh damn that's Heston Paige!" Props to the hard work he put in with McChesney.
You aren't kidding... wow

Mac publicly mentioning redshirting Ento as a possibility is interesting.
Yeah. It would be hard to do because he would be productive this year. He'd be a star in 2018, though, and that might be best for the team as well as Ento's best chance to get to the NFL.

It becomes easier if a guy like Walker has a great camp.

Yeah. It would be hard to do because he would be productive this year. He'd be a star in 2018, though, and that might be best for the team as well as Ento's best chance to get to the NFL.

It becomes easier if a guy like Walker has a great camp.

I would think Winfree flashing in a big way would make the decision tougher.

Would seem that if Winfree wins the starting position, Mac would RS Ento. That's what the plan was last year before Winfree got hurt.

Poor wording. My main point is Winfree and Ento are directly related to the ultimate decision of whether Ento can be redshirted.

I think the WR 1s shake out like this:

X: Bobo/Winfree co-starters
Z: Shay
H: Ross

The question is really on whether we've got enough with the 2s and 3s to redshirt Ento (and Huntley).

If Lee Walker continues to impress (played well at end of last season and in the spring), he can be the Z2.

MacIntyre is going to be the H2.

Then, we've got some freshmen with Nixon, Bell, Jackson and Shenault who could all play a role. I'd think Nixon would be the most likely not to redshirt due to his versatility.

I think the WR 1s shake out like this:

X: Bobo/Winfree co-starters
Z: Shay
H: Ross

The question is really on whether we've got enough with the 2s and 3s to redshirt Ento (and Huntley).

If Lee Walker continues to impress (played well at end of last season and in the spring), he can be the Z2.

MacIntyre is going to be the H2.

Then, we've got some freshmen with Nixon, Bell, Jackson and Shenault who could all play a role. I'd think Nixon would be the most likely not to redshirt due to his versatility.
Sounds about right. Did also sound like HCMM didn't want to redshirt Ento even if it was a possibility. I know I'd much rather run Ento out there than pretty much anyone else after the top 4 you mentioned.

losing Bobo/Fields/Ross after this season is a lot of experience.

I'm assuming Ento plays if he makes us Clearly Better.

Back