What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Hardest schedules in the country......

I keep reading about how bad the PAC-12 is and CU has nine PAC-12 games plus two instate patsys.
Problem with the P12 is that there’s a ton of mediocre to good with a lack of great/elite.

Makes the gauntlet tough, but doesn’t make people respect the conference nationally.

Unbalanced conference schedule tilted toward the road. Buffs are probably significant underdogs in most of those road games.

Where is Clemson, Alabama, Oklahoma, Michigan, Ohio state and the entire big 12 and big 10? It’s 5 PAC 12 and 5 SEC teams.

CU literally will be underdogs in 10 games. Its a pretty tough schedule.

Uhhhhh no. Favored against CSU, Air Force, and Arizona (who IMO will be garbage) at least. USC's season could go totally off the rails by the time they come here......and I wouldn't be shocked if we were favored against UCLA either.

There’s no way to definitively say they will be underdogs or favorites in more than the first three games. CSU, AFA will for sure be favorites and NU will for sure be dogs. They are likely to be dogs vs UW and Utah, but the rest of the Pac 12 games will completely depend on how things go for each team.

I would rather have the Buffs be much lower than #6 on the strength of schedule, but it is what it is. If they beat Nebraska, then the season is set up nicely. Sko.

ASU, Wazzu, and Oregon are very likely favorites in those games, Oregon may be a heavy favorite.

ASU, Wazzu, and Oregon are very likely favorites in those games, Oregon may be a heavy favorite.
FPI pre-season has CU favored in three games. Subject to change as model becomes more populated with current data.

Other than Nebraska, Washington and Utah, all the other Pac-12 games could go either way of who is favored.
I would add that I fully expect Oregon - barring some complete meltdown - to be heavily favored. But this is a schedule with a lot of unknown and a lot of possibility. Can't wait for this season to get started.

FPI pre-season has CU favored in three games. Subject to change as model becomes more populated with current data.

The FPI is fake news. Too many media biases in it. According to it, UCLA is the preseason pick to win our division, and USC is a top 25 team.

The FPI is fake news. Too many media biases in it. According to it, UCLA is the preseason pick to win our division, and USC is a top 25 team.
How are media biases incorporated into pre-season FPI? The components are listed on the website. Media plays no role. Maybe you are being sarcastic and I am missing it.

Utah is the highest P12S team in the FPI, no?

How are media biases incorporated into pre-season FPI? The components are listed on the website. Media plays no role. Maybe you are being sarcastic and I am missing it.

Utah is the highest P12S team in the FPI, no?

http://www.espn.com/college-football/statistics/teamratings

Lol no sir-UCLA is!

I think they colossally overrate both LA teams. I see Utah going 8-4 or 9-3 and winning the division, and then I see the other 5 finishing somewhere between 3-9 (Arizona) and 7-5. I think USC goes 5-7 or 6-6, too-and I also think we're beating them for the first time this year. They're either going to lose a game they shouldn't (Fresno State or at BYU) or get absolutely punked by both Washington and Notre Dame (who they play back to back sandwiched around a bye), and Clay Helton will be gone and their season will have spiraled out of control before they get here.

Last edited:
Back