What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Hate to say this, but we got lucky

If 2.8 yds per carry is running at will, I will take it all season. That was the stat at the end of the game. Hold all of our opponents to 2.8 ypc and we will have a pretty good season.

I agree with that!

For all the talk Kyle Bell got, he wound up only getting 130 yards on 40 carries! I would hope that any halfway decent RB would get to 125+ yards if he carried the ball 40 times.

Hell, "Rog" Sumler only carried the ball 18 times, and he gained 85 yards. Imagine how he would have done if he'd carried the ball 22 more times?

I seem to remember a lot of 2nd and 9's, followed by a bunch of 3rd and 2's.

I can deal with giving up 3rd and 2. That means the other team did something right the first two downs. Giving up 3rd and 12 makes me go apoplectic.

In the first qtr I recall the lammies doing good on first (lots of 2nd and 3's, 2nd and 2's) but that was when Bell was running pretty strong and our D was slow and flat. By the 3rd qrt we were stuffing them on a lot of 1st and 2nds but still giving up the big 3rd and long.

It looked to me like our inside and backers were playing really soft and tentative on run support and on the short drag routes across the middle of the field. That could have been tentativeness regarding assignment in the first game. I expect that to improve as their feel for the defense becomes more instinctive.

Back