What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Hawk" Baylor made one more play than us".." Keisau did a nice job of mixing it up"...

When I was in the USAF we had the radios out on the flightline, and one day some joker gets on and holds down the transmit button and starts chanting 'I'm going ****ing crazy, I'm going ****ing crazy' over and over. Literally, for almost an hour. Maybe longer. Finally they let off the mike and the base commander jumps immediatly on and yells 'This is Commander so and so!! Identify yourself soldier!!'

TO which the other guys starts chanting 'I'm not that ****ing crazy! I'm not that ****ing crazy!' for another 15 minutes. It was hilarious. Not sure how he did not run out of battery power. Must have had aplugged in transmitter, although I would have thought they would have checked all of those while he was on. Never did find out who it was.

When I was in the USAF we had the radios out on the flightline, and one day some joker gets on and holds down the transmit button and starts chanting 'I'm going ****ing crazy, I'm going ****ing crazy' over and over. Literally, for almost an hour. Maybe longer. Finally they let off the mike and the base commander jumps immediatly on and yells 'This is Commander so and so!! Identify yourself soldier!!'

TO which the other guys starts chanting 'I'm not that ****ing crazy! I'm not that ****ing crazy!' for another 15 minutes. It was hilarious. Not sure how he did not run out of battery power. Must have had aplugged in transmitter, although I would have thought they would have checked all of those while he was on. Never did find out who it was.

1st joker = D2D
Base Commander = Mike Bohn
"other" guys = Riddle, Johnson, Collins

i think Dan is at the point where he doesn't give a shiat anymore...why else do you call a freakin qb draw on 3rd and 10 from the 10 w/o even letting Tyler throw once. I don't think Eric would be stupid enough to call that play.....at least that's my belief. Dan is going to take this team down with him.....hell or high water!

1st joker = D2D
Base Commander = Mike Bohn
"other" guys = Riddle, Johnson, Collins

Sorry. I ****ed the story up. It was the same guy. After the base commander yelled that there was this long pause, then the same guy starts chanting again, only saying the I'm NOT that ****ing crazy'.

If hawk did make the call, why wouldn't Eric just say WTF and overrule the play? He's got a contract for next year.

Do any of the assistants have a voice? These guys must love coming into work every morning.

i think Dan is at the point where he doesn't give a shiat anymore...why else do you call a freakin qb draw on 3rd and 10 from the 10 w/o even letting Tyler throw once. I don't think Eric would be stupid enough to call that play.....at least that's my belief. Dan is going to take this team down with him.....hell or high water!

Unfortunately and sadly I don't think Hawk has mailed it in and I think that he does give a shiat. This is what is truly maddening, Hawk not only spouts that diarrhrea but believes it. To this day I think that Hawk believes that he is one big play away from winning a big game and one big game away from turning a season and his career around. He doesn't see the lack of attention to detail from himself and his coaches that make this impossible on the field, he doesn't see that his team is not only not that close to his vision but getting further away every game and every year.

When it doesn't happen the way he truly expects it to happen he goes looking for the causes of the failure. At the same time he refuses to accept that the key reason for the failure is himself and his actions so he desparately searches for other things, other reasons, outside influences that he can blame. He is thouroughly convinced that his way is the right way, contrary to all evidence to the opposite. If only the players would believe like he does, if only the breaks would fall his way, if only, if only, if only, then things would turn around, this thing would pop, and he would be vindicated.

I was on the fence as to if he should be relieved of his duties now or be allowed to coach out the rest of the season. As I think about it more I see that he needs to be removed now. This is not because the team will win a lot more games without him, they won't. It is because the team needs time to re-adjust to a type of thinking where everyone from head coach to the assistants to the players on the field to the scout team to the support staff understands and accepts responsibility for their actions and the consequences of those actions. This has to happen before a new staff can address the issues that must be faced before this team can have a hope of returning consistent winning to the program.

Mtn, I see a lot of that "Coach Hawk believes he's one play away" mentality. Except... it's never just "one play". It's whole games. I wish he's stop thinking, "This ONE two-point conversion is all we need" in the First Quarter. What about the OTHER 60 plays, Coach? Take the extra point, or spend the time and find a kicker who can deliver that extra point.

Starting a game off with a Bluff is a novice poker player's antics.

If that 2-point conversion worked, he'd added a few amps to the homefield advantage with a long game left ahead. When he lost it - and each time he loses those - he loses a lot more of his homefield advantage. When he's playing Loser Teams, they DO recognize Quit and Loser-Eyes so easily. It's part of Baylor's whole psyche. Why feed that, Coach Hawk? Why give them a chance to EVER see Loser Eyes in yer own team, Coach? Make Baylor create that - the Buff's sidelline doesn't need to do that.

Sorry. I ****ed the story up. It was the same guy. After the base commander yelled that there was this long pause, then the same guy starts chanting again, only saying the I'm NOT that ****ing crazy'.

Meh - probably doesn't matter anyway, all four of them have the same mentality as it is.

Bubble screen Bubble screen Bubble screen Bubble screen Bubble screen Bubble screen Bubble screen Bubble screen Bubble screen Bubble screen Bubble screen Bubble screen Bubble screen Bubble screen Bubble screen all work and no play makes jack a dull boy Bubble screen Bubble screen Bubble screen Bubble screen Bubble screen Bubble screen Bubble screen Bubble screen Bubble screen Bubble screen Bubble screen

How is it possible that everybody watching the game knew exactely what the play was going to be and our staff didn't. I think they ran the same 3 plays all game. And so did we. :huh:

Hawk's worst quote of the day, to me, was his halftime interview with Sam Steele. She asks Hawk why he's going for two in the first half, is it because they saw something or is it to show confidence in his guys? Hawk: "well, you know, a little bit of both."

Hawk's worst quote of the day, to me, was his halftime interview with Sam Steele. She asks Hawk why he's going for two in the first half, is it because they saw something or is it to show confidence in his guys? Hawk: "well, you know, a little bit of both."

In other words: "I didn't call it, but Cody must have seen something and decided to give it a shot. This team is his toybox, so he can do what he wants and I'll support him."

Mtn, I see a lot of that "Coach Hawk believes he's one play away" mentality. Except... it's never just "one play". It's whole games. I wish he's stop thinking, "This ONE two-point conversion is all we need" in the First Quarter. What about the OTHER 60 plays, Coach? Take the extra point, or spend the time and find a kicker who can deliver that extra point.

Starting a game off with a Bluff is a novice poker player's antics.

If that 2-point conversion worked, he'd added a few amps to the homefield advantage with a long game left ahead. When he lost it - and each time he loses those - he loses a lot more of his homefield advantage. When he's playing Loser Teams, they DO recognize Quit and Loser-Eyes so easily. It's part of Baylor's whole psyche. Why feed that, Coach Hawk? Why give them a chance to EVER see Loser Eyes in yer own team, Coach? Make Baylor create that - the Buff's sidelline doesn't need to do that.

This is exactly my point. The Buffs aren't just a play here or a play there away from turning things around, they are on the completely wrong track and that light that Hawk sees at the end of the tunnel is a train heading our direction. The whole issue is that Hawk doesn't get it and Hawk doesn't want to get it. He truly believes in his mind that he has the team going the right direction and he just needs a break to make it all happen.

The reality that he doesn't see is that his team is not a break or two away, they are an entire system and identity away and getting further by the game. When Hawk is finally fired he will be convinced in his mind that if he only had a little more time he could have made it happen. He will be completely wrong of course but that won't stop him from thinking it.

Sad for the young men who trusted in him.

Man are you correct! I feel really bad for all these kids that bought all his BS.

DII's next job will probably be pushing penny stocks to retired widows.

Back