What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Hawk says Tyler AND Cody may play against Kansas

This quote from the Denver Post this morning caught my eye. Maybe it was a slip of the tongue but it appears even those on the team doubt the competition at QB has been fair. This whole thing is very upsetting to me.

Senior tight end Patrick Devenny said either quarterback "is fine with us." The renewed competition should benefit both of them, he said.
"To just say, 'It's now Tyler,' the way I looked at it was, now there's a fair competition," Devenny said. "Either way, whoever is going to play is going to have to deserve it and earn it."

You're giving Hawkins WAAAAAY too much credit if you believe he's playing games with KU regarding his apparent flip-flopping. I don't think the man is bright enough for something like that. His pattern since he's been here is to talk out of both sides of his mouth. Why should it be any different now? TH better be the guy for the rest of the year, even if he plays poorly. In the event he's even worse than CH-and I don't see how that could be possible-bring in one of the freshmen. Cody's playing days should be over. In this day and age keeping a redshirt for an unproven player, especially a QB, does not make sense. See what you have and move forward. They already know where they're going with Cody.

You're giving Hawkins WAAAAAY too much credit if you believe he's playing games with KU regarding his apparent flip-flopping. I don't think the man is bright enough for something like that. His pattern since he's been here is to talk out of both sides of his mouth. Why should it be any different now? TH better be the guy for the rest of the year, even if he plays poorly. In the event he's even worse than CH-and I don't see how that could be possible-bring in one of the freshmen. Cody's playing days should be over. In this day and age keeping a redshirt for an unproven player, especially a QB, does not make sense. See what you have and move forward. They already know where they're going with Cody, which is nowhere.

fify

So, you think TH is a pussy? JK

Hey, competition is supposed to be a good thing, isn't it? I see nothing wrong whith what the coaching staff has said. Hawkins said that Hansen does not have to worry about the quick hook. Geez, you guys are frigging paranoid!!!!!!!!

I have a major problem with the flip flop. A head coach needs to show that he's got his starting QB's back. Coach Hawk isn't doing that.

Worse yet, is Tyler getting all the reps with the 1s this week? He better be, because if they're splitting it then Tyler isn't really getting the same chance that Cody did.

Pretty much indefensible by Coach Hawkins on this one.

I have a major problem with the flip flop. A head coach needs to show that he's got his starting QB's back. Coach Hawk isn't doing that.

Worse yet, is Tyler getting all the reps with the 1s this week? He better be, because if they're splitting it then Tyler isn't really getting the same chance that Cody did.

Pretty much indefensible by Coach Hawkins on this one.

TH and CH are splitting reps with the 1s, per a few people in different places.

Good lord. This is horrible.

C.jpg

"Don't worry about throwing that INT, son. I saw Tyler with a mirror and he was trying to blind you. It's not your fault!"

Just curious. No one has even played 1 down or snap against KU.

Is it really all that hard to take in what is being said, weigh it against what happens on Sat then form an opinion.

What happens if only TH plays against KU? What if both QB's play but are both productive and we win going away?

Don't overreact. Let's see what happens AND what the outcome is. Personally if he does play both players and we get a win against KU I won't care.

Get over it? That's funny. Like I'm the only one mad about this. Pardon me for the stab at photo captioning!

What happens if only TH plays against KU? What if both QB's play but are both productive and we win going away?

If both QBs play, then that tells me they are looking for reasons to put Cody back in. And I don't like that one bit. We've had plenty of time to see what Cody can do, and it's not good enough to consistently win. Tyler has to be given the opportunity to succeed. And that means giving him some latitude.

Fwiw.. those same reports also say that TH and Cody have been splitting time with the 1s all season. However, the # of reps now favors hansen instead of Cody... wish we could know if the reps completely flipped etc.... so we COULD be worrying about nothing...

However, Hawk's public comments are still epic
facepalm.jpg

Hawk needs to "handle" his new starting QB better then that. jesus F. christ. Cody better not be getting the red zone snaps!

Fwiw.. those same reports also say that TH and Cody have been splitting time with the 1s all season. However, the # of reps now favors hansen instead of Cody... wish we could know if the reps completely flipped etc.... so we COULD be worrying about nothing...

However, Hawk's public comments are still epic

Hawk needs to "handle" his new starting QB better then that. jesus F. christ. Cody better not be getting the red zone snaps!

That is true and I should have noted that... was in a hurry to finish that post on the way to a meeting.

:lol: man you nearly gave the board a collective heart attack

I thought them sharing reps with the ones was a given, it'd been discussed here before quite a bit so I threw the post down and ran off. In my mind, the fact that they're still sharing reps is still bad, TH needs to get every chance he can to succeed, and CH has plenty of reps with the ones already this season. TH should be as prepared as possible when he comes out against KU, not thinking, well, i really could have used another 15 or 20 reps with Simas on that slant.

I post here, but read all the buff boards and I'm forgetting what's been discussed where anymore! :lol:

I thought them sharing reps with the ones was a given, it'd been discussed here before quite a bit so I threw the post down and ran off. In my mind, the fact that they're still sharing reps is still bad, TH needs to get every chance he can to succeed, and CH has plenty of reps with the ones already this season. TH should be as prepared as possible when he comes out against KU, not thinking, well, i really could have used another 15 or 20 reps with Simas on that slant.

I post here, but read all the buff boards and I'm forgetting what's been discussed where anymore! :lol:

traitor!

agreed to a point, but there is a point of diminishing marginal returns. I believe most pro teams split snaps with teh 1s too (something like 70/30). Gotta have the backup moderately capable just in case right?

I just think all this cute bull**** by Hawk needs to end... (either by him winning and STFU or by him being canned)

agreed to a point, but there is a point of diminishing marginal returns. I believe most pro teams split snaps with teh 1s too (something like 70/30). Gotta have the backup moderately capable just in case right?

I just think all this cute bull**** by Hawk needs to end... (either by him winning and STFU or by him being canned)

Pretty certain that 70/30 is the most even split you'll ever see. Some teams are more like 90/10 or even 100% to the starter.

They do, and you want your backup prepared, I just think for this week, TH needs as much work as he can get. Get a game under his belt, then go back to the normal practice rotation.

I agree with your last sentence 100%, though I think either way, Hawk jsut needs to STFU and only speak through prepared statements that have been reviewed by someone who understands PR.

In my mind, the fact that they're still sharing reps is still bad, TH needs to get every chance he can to succeed, and CH has plenty of reps with the ones already this season. TH should be as prepared as possible when he comes out against KU, not thinking, well, i really could have used another 15 or 20 reps with Simas on that slant.

That's how I feel, too. Cody can go a week or two without taking snaps with the 1s. TH needs all the reps he can get right now. Give the kid every opportunity to succeed.

Is there a way to put Hawk's kidney stones back in? That makes as much sense as putting CH back in the lineup.

I kid, of course, but WTF is going on up there?

Is it really all that hard to take in what is being said, weigh it against what happens on Sat then form an opinion.

Don't overreact. Let's see what happens AND what the outcome is. Personally if he does play both players and we get a win against KU I won't care.
AMEN! Rep! Crap...ymssr. Unfortunately, at the rate this thread is going, I'm not sure anyone else is going to say anything rep worthy!

Utter desperation is whats going on. I wish we ran the hybrid offense my brother is using down in Texas, it is a nightmare to defend and Hansen can run which is part of that system.

How many times in the past 3 years have we looked at things and said

"I can't believe Hawk would ever do that... He's not a great coach, but even Hawk wouldn't do that"

or

"Let's wait and see what happens"

And how many times have we been proven wrong?

"Tyler Hansen is our guy from here on out" - Saturday

(Cody is) "still going to have a role and I think there's a very good chance that you'll see both of them." - Monday

"We're going with Tyler, but you never know. You don't know" - Tuesday

All the while Kiesau continues to state the Tyler is the guy, that there won't be separate packages.

Hawk has lost any capital his word ever had. Until this coaching staff gets on the same page, they're going to ahve to deal with the backlash.

I watched the Juicebox's press conference. I was appauled when the SOB said we would likely see both TH and Cody at QB. The way it was said seems pretty convincing to me... He's already trying to get his boy back in as starting QB. Pretty crappy how he got TH to burn the redshirt, yet is not clearly behind him. We may not see Cody during the KU game, but I think we definitely will see him frequently in ALL of the following games.

"Gamemanship", eh? So ol' Danny Juicebox is using his stellar coaching expertise to trick KU?? I don't think its gamemanship at all... This coach does not have ANY game to begin with! It's just Danny "doing his deal."

For those of you who think Juicebox is fully behind TH, and does not plan on getting Cody back in the starting lineup pretty damned quick, or at least swapping series, I say, "we'll see." :smile2:

I watched the Juicebox's press conference. I was appauled when the SOB said we would likely see both TH and Cody at QB. The way it was said seems pretty convincing to me... He's already trying to get his boy back in as starting QB. Pretty crappy how he got TH to burn the redshirt, yet is not clearly behind him. We may not see Cody during the KU game, but I think we definitely will see him frequently in ALL of the following games.

"Gamemanship", eh? So ol' Danny Juicebox is using his stellar coaching expertise to trick KU?? I don't think its gamemanship at all... This coach does not have ANY game to begin with! It's just Danny "doing his deal."

For those of you who think Juicebox is fully behind TH, and does not plan on getting Cody back in the starting lineup pretty damned quick, or at least swapping series, I say, "we'll see." :smile2:
Congrats for referring to Cody as "Cody" and not "Juicebox's kid." :rolleyes: What is your record for using that term in a post? Am I the only one who is tired of that gloss?

I get it. You want Hawk out. If things keep going this way through the end of the season, I will want that too. I'm just sick of the same tired gloss. By the way, at least sign your Neg Rep.

I get it. You want Hawk out. If things keep going this way through the end of the season, I will want that too. I'm just sick of the same tired gloss. By the way, at least sign your Neg Rep.
get a membership you cheap bastard and then you can see it yoself! :lol:

Back