What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Hawks Post Game Comments

The problem is not Cody (he's better than RNs QBs were) so much as:
  • Cody has only two people to catch to ball.
  • The OL is better then last year but still lets guys in his face.
  • That apparently were not going to try a running game unless its to the outside.
  • That passing horizontally is better than going on the vertical down field.

Did I miss anything?

Hawkins' throws were behind or too high on most of his passes. His mechanics were horrible, i.e. in a rush to get rid of the ball because he's afraid to get hit, he just "rifles" the ball out off his back foot, instead of doing it right and taking the hit.

At least when Hansen went into a panic as a result of pressure, he'd run for his life and often make something out of nothing.

Hawkins' throws were behind or too high on most of his passes. His mechanics were horrible, i.e. in a rush to get rid of the ball because he's afraid to get hit, he just "rifles" the ball out off his back foot, instead of doing it right and taking the hit.

At least when Hansen went into a panic as a result of pressure, he'd run for his life and often make something out of nothing.

There was one play in particular - when the field parted like the ****ing red sea and there wasn't a defender within 10 yards of Cody -- and he threw what was basically a lateral straight across the field to a RB who gained 1 yard, I think.

There was one play in particular - when the field parted like the ****ing red sea and there wasn't a defender within 10 yards of Cody -- and he threw what was basically a lateral straight across the field to a RB who gained 1 yard, I think.

He wanted to make a play over the middle but the FB/TE didn't seperate from the LB. He actually stood still which kept the LB right there with him. As slow as Cody is he would have gotten 3 or 4 yards at best.

He wanted to make a play over the middle but the FB/TE didn't seperate from the LB. He actually stood still which kept the LB right there with him. As slow as Cody is he would have gotten 3 or 4 yards at best.

Setting up a manageable 3rd and 3 or 4. You've got to take what the defense gives you.

On this note, doesn't the secrecy about which QB will start for CU seem totally stupid in retrospect? CSU's defense was obviously designed for a QB with no mobility and no arm strength. Fairchild didn't believe for a second that Hansen might start.

Setting up a manageable 3rd and 3 or 4. You've got to take what the defense gives you.

On this note, doesn't the secrecy about which QB will start for CU seem totally stupid in retrospect? CSU's defense was obviously designed for a QB with no mobility and no arm strength. Fairchild didn't believe for a second that Hansen might start.

But he did, he dumped to the guy in the flat which should have been a pick up of 3-5 yards as well. Considering how slow Cody is the dump actually has a better chance of big play than him running

But he did, he dumped to the guy in the flat which should have been a pick up of 3-5 yards as well. Considering how slow Cody is the dump actually has a better chance of big play than him running

Except that it took so long to develop that the defender read it and blew it up, allowing only one yard. While, on the other hand, no defender was respecting Hawkins' ability to run, so he had plenty of daylight.

This was 6 minutes and 7 seconds of pure bull****. He should of said, "I have no excuses." and then left town. I've had it with this guy.

My question is the one I always ask after this game why in the **** do they always want this game way more than us? I'm ****ing sick of it. I would show CSU rushing our field before every game.

My question is the one I always ask after this game why in the **** do they always want this game way more than us? I'm ****ing sick of it. I would show CSU rushing our field before every game.

YES!! I hope they got good video of that circle jerk they had on our field tonight. That better be shown to our guys at the beginning and end of any team gathering where a video device is in the room.

Seriously! Our players and coaches better have that thing imprinted on their memories for ever!

Hawk would have gone a long way in regaining my respect if he had just said this loss was completely unacceptable. Because that is what it was.

As it stands, he is pushing me farther and farther into a middle seat in the Fire Hawk Bandwagon.

As I said on the game thread, I do want him gone. I am willing to see how he does this season (because I don't think a mid-season firing will help anyone). He can still try to regain respect, but he managed to lose all of it in the first 30 minutes of the season.

There is one thing he could have said to give him some credibility and reason to support him.

"This loss is 100% on the coaches. We didn't get our players in the right positions, we had a poor game plan, and I'm sorry, this loss is my fault. We will not be unprepared again this year."

...of course he's not going to say that, but he should. It's truth. Fans deserve the truth.

His excuse for scott's 1 carry is pathetic. He will leave if this keeps up. It's time to start running straight ahead instead of outside all the time.

It's time to see some type of improvement.

the b*stard is just making excuses.

well... we did good but lost a couple of close ones....
well... we made good adjustments....
well... just some little issues....
well...
well...

The guy is in denial. Did he think Cody was doing well or something?

What in the world could he possibly think the problem is if it isn't Cody?

I really want to back this guy, but his decisions are just stupid and arrogant. They used to be questionable, but we are waaaay passed that stage now.

I dont care about that loser of a wannabe coach. He sucks and he always will. I sat here for three years watching him make stupid decisions after stupid decisions year after year. He never admits to anything, and has gone as far as he's can, which isnt much at all.

I sat listening to all the excuses of youth, lack of talent, inexperience, injuries and whatever BS other supposedly lesser teams seem to overcome and eke out at least 7 wins. Programs like GT, UW, and even CSewe can turn around in one year and we are still spinning our wheels in year four??!!

He lost me last year, and I had high hopes based on all the BS I was reading during the offseason. But it we can all see now that it was all sunshine pumping to keep us from asking for his head. His supporters are very small in numbers now as many backers are now so disgusted they are agreeing with us longterm naysayers now.

I will always be a BUFF and always root for my team so it hurts me so to them lose like that. I want whats best for our team, and Dan "the Hack" Hawkins is NOT good for the program.

Hawk is a fraud. The administration wanted a clean-up guy and they got him. The program ON the field is in no better shape than before he got here and this is year four.

It's a giant cluster **** and it would be nice to see the hype meet the field at some point. Solder, miller ,scott, jalil brown etc...

Hawk would have gone a long way in regaining my respect if he had just said this loss was completely unacceptable. Because that is what it was.

As it stands, he is pushing me farther and farther into a middle seat in the Fire Hawk Bandwagon.

As I said on the game thread, I do want him gone. I am willing to see how he does this season (because I don't think a mid-season firing will help anyone). He can still try to regain respect, but he managed to lose all of it in the first 30 minutes of the season.
Me too. Until yesterday, I have supported Hawk 100%. I had some serious doubts, but I had given all of my support. I'm done. Need a new handle.

What pisses me off, while listening to this again, after watching it on FSN last night... He is talking like he just misplaced his keys or lost a game on xbox.

Hey Hawk! "It's DIVISION 1 FOOTBALL!!! It's the BIG 12!!!!" YOU JUST GOT MANHANDLED BY INTRAMURALS BROTHER!!!!

What pisses me off, while listening to this again, after watching it on FSN last night... He is talking like he just misplaced his keys or lost a game on xbox.

Hey Hawk! "It's DIVISION 1 FOOTBALL!!! It's the BIG 12!!!!" YOU JUST GOT MANHANDLED BY INTRAMURALS BROTHER!!!!
No emotion at all....

he sounded like he was recapping a spring game or something

He does NOTHING to fire up the team on the sidelines. He stands their with his slicked back hair and his cool shades and stares into the abyss.

He is clueless here at colorado. He may be better for PR and off the field stuff but on the field he's a clown and a used car salesman.

Are there any of us who actually did? I have had a very low opinion of Dan Hawkins' before last night, and have little or no faith in him doing the right thing.

The fact is, this guy is extremely, outrageously stubborn and literally refuses to play his best players because he does not like them for whatever reason.

Personally I don't really give a s*** if Darrell Scott is a good pass protector or not. That's not why he came here.

I don't care if McKnight and Espinoza work really hard in practice.

I don't care if Cody "knows the offense" (laughable that we still hear this garbage week in and week out, it's literally a joke).

Play the best players. Stop losing to s*** teams on a regular basis. Frankly, just leave. Hawkins does not have it what it takes, period, and the writing has been on the wall for far too long.

Back