What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

He won't, but please don't ****ing go to Waco....

Why would Mac do that? What a step down in almost every way
Agree 100%. Football is ****ty, terrible reputation from a moral stand point, Wacos a **** box, J-Mac is in Boulder, etc. I'm talking myself off the ledge here, but please not ****ing Waco.

They won't be able to steal a P5 coach, probably not even Dykes. They're Baylor, the media needs to stop acting like they're Texas.

they can get dykes. he's on the ropes at cal and he's had a hard time fitting into the west coast world. and, they'll throw money at him.

they have absolutely zero % chance at pulling mm. none. zip. nada. no way.

lay your heads to rest.

I don't think he goes, but I don't think it is a slam dunk. Especially if we win Friday, MacIntyre's compensation plan must change dramatically. That will largely be due to MM's agent massaging the situation with schools like **** bailer. Agents for coaches who don't want to leave love these times when they can parlay these successes into huge raises/buyout increases.

Major step down. He's not going there. Completely laughable. Plus he'd be selling his soul in the process by going to that cesspool.

He's not leaving Colorado, I can guarantee that. He has no particular allegiance to any one place on the map outside of maybe his earlier coaching stints but none of them are step ups. Also, he's supported here, he has the recruiting class, the facilities and the location to win. Plus, I just think he's a nice guy, some coaches are just assholes and you can tell. Mac seems to be more like the McCartney and old school coaches that believe in building a legacy at 1 place.

He's not leaving Colorado, I can guarantee that. He has no particular allegiance to any one place on the map outside of maybe his earlier coaching stints but none of them are step ups. Also, he's supported here, he has the recruiting class, the facilities and the location to win. Plus, I just think he's a nice guy, some coaches are just assholes and you can tell. Mac seems to be more like the McCartney and old school coaches that believe in building a legacy at 1 place.

Everyone has a "Dream Job" and I am not sure if Colorado is MacIntyre's. That being said, I don't think any of the open positions this offseason are either.

How can you guarantee anything?

Everyone has a "Dream Job" and I am not sure if Colorado is MacIntyre's. That being said, I don't think any of the open positions this offseason are either.

Not because it's "Colorado".

But his mentor and rabbi in the profession is David Cutcliffe. Cutcliffe is a huge believer that if you find a place where the administration supports you, values you doing things the right way, gives you the resources you need, and is patient/reasonable about how season results will ebb and flow... you don't go chasing waterfalls.

I think he has a dream job but it isn't related to geography.

He is in the process of turning this job into a dream job. As we continue to win, he is able to build the staff he wants, has the facilities and the financial support, the likelihood of him leaving gets lower and lower. Having a solid relationship with RG and the admin also helps.

Baylor has nothing that would put him in that dream job mode. They are due for a lot more chaos before they get settled down. He has already been there and is now past it, no reason to go back.

I think he stays as long as all you wretched sinners on allbuffs repent, sell all you have forsaking family and friends to go evangilize *ebraska.

I'll wait here in Texas

It says a lot about the national perception of CU that a national writer would think MM would leave CU to go to Waco in the middle of a s*&t storm.

It took about 10 years for CU football to be looked upon as a joke nationally. I hope it doesn't take that long to restore the perception.

Not because it's "Colorado".

But his mentor and rabbi in the profession is David Cutcliffe. Cutcliffe is a huge believer that if you find a place where the administration supports you, values you doing things the right way, gives you the resources you need, and is patient/reasonable about how season results will ebb and flow... you don't go chasing waterfalls.

Yup that's where I was going with my post. I knew about duke and cutcliffe and he seems to be more along the line of those coaches than others who go chasing money and fame.

What's his bonus for the natty we're pulling down this year?

750K. He's already made something like 400K. 50 for 7 wins, 25 for coach of the year, 25 for 8 wins, 100 for the championship game I think, at least 200 for a bowl game, 50 more of it's a big bowl, 750 for a national championship berth or win, I don't know. Then there's like 300 more for academics, community service etc. He gets a ton of other bonuses too in gear, gym memberships, a car or a stipend per month. He's doing okay in life.

Well this should calm some fears. It's a good read and it seems like HCMM is in a good place. We need to get him paid, though. Hopefully JMFL and the rest of the crew as well.
When asked about the inevitability of his name being mentioned as a candidate for openings around the country in October, MacIntyre spoke glowingly about Colorado.
"I love it at Colorado. Truly love it. My wife loves it, my kids love it," he said. "My daughter is in grad school [at CU]. My son is on the team, he's a sophomore. My other son is a senior in high school, and we truly love it.
"I know that we will be a top-echelon program at Colorado again and be that team that everyone is talking about as one of the top-20 teams. It's a destination spot once you've been here, and it's really a special place."

While this quote was back in October, I can only think things have gotten better for him here since then.

Last edited:
Well this should calm some fears. It's a good read and it seems like HCMM is in a good place. We need to get him paid, though. Hopefully JMFL and the rest of the crew as well.

While this quote was back in October, I can only think things have gotten better for him here since then.

I love this part:

No schools have reached out to George for permission to contact MacIntyre, and while that isn't a requirement, George said he would expect to be extended that courtesy.

"Those schools that are ethical would absolutely reach out to me, yes," he said.

Would it surprise anyone if the very ethical folks in the **** bailer administration have already made overtures to MM's agent without going through RG?

I love this part:

Would it surprise anyone if the very ethical folks in the **** bailer administration have already made overtures to MM's agent without going through RG?

Actually, that tidbit completely guarantees that Baylor has NOT tried to contact MM or his agent. Baylor's AD 100% asks for permission from the school of any coach he's interested in before taking such steps, expects the same whenever he's had a coach others are interested in, and only this week reiterated that stance in an interview. To that end, the University of Houston recently confirmed that Baylor was the ONLY school to ask permission to contact Tom Herman and his agent.

So, despite all the rumors, Baylor has not (yet) tried to contact MM or his agent.

Back