What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Helfrich apologist......

That play calling when cu had the ball 1stand goal at the 6 should be enough to can his sorry ass.

End around on 2nd and goal? I know,let's bring in cody and throw a pick?:rolleyes:

I'm tired of coming here and trying to convince the pumpers otherwise. You couldn't be more right. I was still willing to give him th beenefit of the doubt after last week, but this week just cemented it all.

He should have been fired after calling the end-around on the 2, right off the sideline.

I'm not sure they win another one this year. A bowl game is definitely out of the question right now.

No, that's not jumping the bandwagon, that's being REALISTIC.

Problem is, cu once again squanders 10 points. Should have been 0-3 at the half. Then again, we come out in the 2nd half and our defense pulls a 360 degree turn-around and we get out scored 21-0? What happened to the defense?

TAM adjusted and CU didn't. It's a common theme this year. I'm suprised you missed that ;)

SanDiegoBuff, that's exactly what I was going to say. Teams are adjusting, the CU staff doesn't change anything. I'm seriously in question about the entire staff at this point. Hawk is a good leader, but he needs guys under him that actually know what the hell they're doing. I have only seen a handful of guys that do.

I wonder if DH will have the balls to fire the total retard. Lord, he makes Watson look like a genius.

I like Hawk and I'll keep supporting him, but here's something I notice:

Mac struggled, but the old coach and his staff made adjustments. When he didn't feel like he could do one thing he'd throw away the playbook and start from scratch! Mac made them a power team when they needed to be, made them a passing team when they had to be, and created a balanced team at the end, when he had everything he needed.

I have not seen that with Hawk's staff. I'd simplify the offense, turn it into a i, offset i, ace, and occasional shot-gun offense right now. Use play-action, roll-out, and a power running game.

I know Shawn Watson's offense was bland at CU, but with what has happened on the injuries front this year, that's exactly what CU needs to be doing.

I like Hawk and I'll keep supporting him, but here's something I notice:

Mac struggled, but the old coach and his staff made adjustments. When he didn't feel like he could do one thing he'd throw away the playbook and start from scratch! Mac made them a power team when they needed to be, made them a passing team when they had to be, and created a balanced team at the end, when he had everything he needed.

I have not seen that with Hawk's staff. I'd simplify the offense, turn it into a i, offset i, ace, and occasional shot-gun offense right now. Use play-action, roll-out, and a power running game.

I know Shawn Watson's offense was bland at CU, but with what has happened on the injuries front this year, that's exactly what CU needs to be doing.

FACT: THis team is more talented than Coach Mac had at the start of his career.

FACT: This team is more talented than what Watson had the year he was fired

FACT: We would still be running this bull$hit scheme, and poorly, with a healthy O-Line or not.

FACT: We'd look a lot better without all the injuries/defections/suspensions.

FACT: THis team is more talented than Coach Mac had at the start of his career.

FACT: This team is more talented than what Watson had the year he was fired

FACT: We would still be running this bull$hit scheme, and poorly, with a healthy O-Line or not.

Those are opinions.

Those are opinions.

And poorly thought out ones.

This team has almost no healthy talent. We are playing all underclassmen on the offensive side, save Girthy, Williams, and Head (who won't play a down next year as the youngsters take his spot, as MTM had done already before the ACL).

We have no playmakers at WR, and that includes J-Fly. He wouldn't ever see the field at Texas Tech, OU, UT, OSU..... None of our WR's would.

We have TE's that are struggling to make blocks.

We have youth everywhere.

I think we are comparing offenses and this offense is not even close to what we had when Watson left. Comparable lack of speed at WR, but Watson had a 3 year starter at QB and a solid and experienced front 5, with several good tight ends and experience at RB. Not even CLOSE.

And poorly thought out ones.

This team has almost no healthy talent. We are playing all underclassmen on the offensive side, save Girthy, Williams, and Head (who won't play a down next year as the youngsters take his spot, as MTM had done already before the ACL).

We have no playmakers at WR, and that includes J-Fly. He wouldn't ever see the field at Texas Tech, OU, UT, OSU..... None of our WR's would.

We have TE's that are struggling to make blocks.

We have youth everywhere.

I think we are comparing offenses and this offense is not even close to what we had when Watson left. Comparable lack of speed at WR, but Watson had a 3 year starter at QB and a solid and experienced front 5, with several good tight ends and experience at RB. Not even CLOSE.

If everyone was healthy this team would still go 5-7. They'd just look better doing it.

And this is a good thing

Why?

This season has fully exposed some of the liabilities that are part of the coaching staff. It also shows some of the liabilities of some of the players who we'd thought would be major contributors. If Hawk is a good coach, he'll go back to the drawing board and destroy and rebuild. This upcoming recruiting class and how the team comes out during the spring and fall camps will tell alot about this coach.

But 2008 was doomed from the start. It's just looked uglier than what people would have preferred.

Back