What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Highlights of the Scott vs Gordon matchup from last night

Ski is developing PG skills. I can see him playing there now. 10 games into the season, I couldn't.

The offense doesn't require a traditional PG anyway. Nate's not a typical distributor. Dinwiddie, Ski and either Taylor or Harris would share the responsibilities. It may not be ideal, but the offense would function.

The offense doesn't require a traditional PG anyway. Nate's not a typical distributor. Dinwiddie, Ski and either Taylor or Harris would share the responsibilities. It may not be ideal, but the offense would function.

^^This^^

It's a motion offense that requires a lot of interchangeable parts. Combo guards (and combo forwards) are what we're looking for.

Nik, I wouldn't disagree that ski has gotten better as the season has progressed, as expected. But, let's look at the numbers. Ski has 38 assists and 43 turnovers (doesn't scream true PG to me)... Yes, I know he is a freshman and that he is allowed to make some mistakes, but hes just not a true PG. Compare Nate's numbers 84 assists and 41 TO. 'Ski is a scoring guard and I personally think that we would be doing him a disservice by putting in a facilitator's role. http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/team/stats/_/id/38/colorado-buffaloes

Nik, I wouldn't disagree that ski has gotten better as the season has progressed, as expected. But, let's look at the numbers. Ski has 38 assists and 43 turnovers (doesn't scream true PG to me)... Yes, I know he is a freshman and that he is allowed to make some mistakes, but hes just not a true PG. Compare Nate's numbers 84 assists and 41 TO. 'Ski is a scoring guard and I personally think that we would be doing him a disservice by putting in a facilitator's role. http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/team/stats/_/id/38/colorado-buffaloes

According to KenPom:

Ski's Turnover rate*: 20.5%
Nates's Turnover rate: 25.6%

Ski's Assist rate: 16.6%
Nate's Assist rate: 22.3%

Nate's the better "pure" point, but it's not like Ski's numbers are horrible. And remember, Nate spends most of his time on the floor with Carlon, The Mayor, Dufault, etc.. Ski's out there with Chen, SHT and Adams.

Turnover Rate (TORate): This is the percentage of personal possessions used on turnovers. It can be highly dependent on context. Players that do little passing or dribbling (i.e. spot-up shooters) will have an artificially deflated TO%.

According to KenPom:

Ski's Turnover rate*: 20.5%
Nates's Turnover rate: 25.6%

Ski's Assist rate: 16.6%
Nate's Assist rate: 22.3%

Nate's the better "pure" point, but it's not like Ski's numbers are horrible. And remember, Nate spends most of his time on the floor with Carlon, The Mayor, Dufault, etc.. Ski's out there with Chen, SHT and Adams.

I'm SO shocked by Nate's TO rate. :lol:

ski is really the only player we have right now that can attack a zone, if the mayor can continue to develop his outside shot, I can see ski being in the starting 5.

The unknown is which of the freshmen makes a big jump in the offseason and comes back next year on another level. By the time a kid is a jr. you usually know what you have but often kids develop a lot between the fr. and soph. year.

Tini was right on his Beau Webb rumor about starting last time. I am going to believe him this time until I hear otherwise.

Why would Boyle do that unless Webb is threatening to go elsewhere and unless Boyle thinks Webb is better than someone else we can grab with that scholarship (which I seriously doubt)?

Why would Boyle do that unless Webb is threatening to go elsewhere and unless Boyle thinks Webb is better than someone else we can grab with that scholarship (which I seriously doubt)?
Because he thinks he can develop into a player who can come in and give us some points?

Because he thinks he can develop into a player who can come in and give us some points?

Seems very unlikely to me that we'll give it to a guy already on the roster. I'm not saying you're wrong, I just don't see the logic here.

And he can do that as a walk-on as well. Unless Webb is killing it in practice (which we have conflicting reports over at best), we need to save the scholly.

Back