What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

How do the Buffs fare in their first five Pac 12 games?

How do the Buffs (10-3, RPI 70, UNR AP, 37 Coaches) fare in their first five Pac 12 games?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
At this point, I'm not sure we go better than .500 in conference play.

KP projects us to go 9-9.

Good news: front part of conference play is ridiculously loaded. 3 road games to start and arguably the best travel duo coming in to the Keg. It gets easier.

Bad news: Team may have given up in time for the crappy Washington's and Oregon State to save the season. Can we be 5-3 in conference play in time for Oregon's game here? Maybe 4-4?

At this point, I'm not sure we go better than .500 in conference play.
I started to respond that, at this point, i would be happy with .500.

Then I looked hard at the schedule and gave some sober thought to each game.
  • I expect our opponents to be favored in the next three games. say we grab one of them, we start 1-4.
  • split the road trip to Washington, we're 2-5.
  • Come back home, beat OSU, lose to OU. 3-6.
  • Split the bay area roadie, we're 4-7
  • Sweep the Washington schools at home, 6-7
  • Split the Oregon schools on the road 7-8.
  • Sweep the last three at home finish with a 10-8 Pac record, 20-11 overall.
That's probably not quite good enough for an NCAA at-large bid, but could be good enough for a 4 or 5 seed in the Pac 12 tourney. That's a first round bye, with a winnable game against the winner of the 5/12 game (I'm guessing USC).

Bottom line, I was depressed as hell after last night's loss, but I'm not ready to give up on the season yet. Not even close.

Go Buffs!!!!!

WELP. Not really sure what to say.

Basketball is won with your 3 best players, with some exceptions. Part of why I was excited for this season, and haven't given up yet, is that King, Fortune, Dom, and even Wes all have the ability to be our 3rd best player on any given night after White and XJ. But we can't afford all these disappearances. I can see us rattling off an impressive win streak but I can also see the team giving up and losing even worse games than last night. Really hoping something clicks.

Last edited:
That's probably not quite good enough for an NCAA at-large bid, but could be good enough for a 4 or 5 seed in the Pac 12 tourney. That's a first round bye, with a winnable game against the winner of the 5/12 game (I'm guessing USC).

We have to catch fire, or turn to next season. That's about where we're at if we want the tourney.

I chose 1-4, but didn't think it would come down to the USC game to get the 1 win. Good lord let's please beat USC (who also lost at Utah by 22).

Picked 1-4....but thought 0-5 real possibilty...USC is not going to lay an egg like they did against UTES.....wouldn't be surprised if Buffs lost....

Back