What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

How do you feel about Bill Walton as a color commentator?

Bill Walton as a broadcaster?

• Love Him

Votes: 59 62.8%
  • Hate Him

Votes: 35 37.2%

• Total voters
Walton seems, at least, like a guy who is not full of himself and a guy an average Joe could sit down and smoke a, err, drink a beer with.

Walton seems, at least, like a guy who is not full of himself and a guy an average Joe could sit down and smoke a, err, drink a beer with.

It would be fun to meet him when he comes to Boulder. I think he's the greatest announcer in the history of western civilization.

Should be a UCLA announcer. Not a PAC 12 announcer. Entertaining, but totally biased.

It would be fun to meet him when he comes to Boulder. I think he's the greatest announcer in the history of western civilization.
I found out I'm taking pictures for the Arizona game, and that includes the morning stuff. I will get a picture with all of them, that is my lone goal :lol:

I like him but I also like Gus Johnson, Cris Collinsworth, and Herbstreit and Musberger. I pretty much like the right voice and tone and don't really care about the content of what is being said.

When he's not slobbering on the bruin knob, he's very good. Nice guy, too. But I'm a buff homer and listening to him gobble gobble about ucla gets on my nerves.

Love him, as long as its not him involved in a UCLA game. He was fantastic in the Dick *****-Scum Devil game the other night. He had a stutter in college, very impressive to be able to communicate so well and overcoming that.

Walton goes off topic, but at least he knows what he's talking about. Corey Williams & Roxy Whatshisname were horrible tonight.

I appreciate Walton knowing what he's talking about when discussing the State of Colorado. At least he seems like he does.

I like him but I also like Gus Johnson, Cris Collinsworth, and Herbstreit and Musberger. I pretty much like the right voice and tone and don't really care about the content of what is being said.

WTF??? You actually enjoy two of the biggest douches on the airwaves? Gawd hep us!

As for Walton, two words: Jerry.Garcia. Walton will survive, the guy is great!

I found out I'm taking pictures for the Arizona game, and that includes the morning stuff. I will get a picture with all of them, that is my lone goal :lol:

sweet -- hope it's a great experience for you! sucks Samantha Ponder doesn't do the basketball gameday as well...

I really don't care for him...but he has his moments....would take him any day over Bobby Knight.

I think he homers for Arizona as much as UCLA (his son's school naturally)

The worst color guy that I have heard this year has to be that Corey Williams that has done our last two Sunday games...he is HORRIBLE

What's everyone's favorite Walton moment?

I have a few: he did a Stanford women's game and wouldn't let Rebecca Lobo have a word in (shocking I know), he talked about Saudi Arabia/women's rights. My other was during the CU/UofA game (I think), when he said if he was told he had "one minute to live," it be at a basketball game.

I really don't care for him...but he has his moments....would take him any day over Bobby Knight.

I think he homers for Arizona as much as UCLA (his son's school naturally)

The worst color guy that I have heard this year has to be that Corey Williams that has done our last two Sunday games...he is HORRIBLE

Walton actually drives me crazy with Stanford. He went to law school there for a couple years but didn't graduate. Every time he does a Stanford game, he waxes on about how any parent whose kid could go there would be crazy to let him go anywhere else. Really lays it on thick.

Part of that is him loving the Bay Area. Part of that is him valuing education. Part of that is his personal loyalties to the school. Part of that is just him being a hyper-positive guy so he sells the place from which he's broadcasting (especially after he's spent the day meeting folks and interacting with them on the campus & in the town).

Was he always "Crazy Bill" when he was doing NBA games including being the lead announcer? I don't remember him ever being such a free spirit like he is now.

Bill: "I've had an incredible timein boulder"

awkward pause

Straight man: "did that have anything to do with basketball"

silence.

Absolutely glorious.

What's everyone's favorite Walton moment?

I have a few: he did a Stanford women's game and wouldn't let Rebecca Lobo have a word in (shocking I know), he talked about Saudi Arabia/women's rights. My other was during the CU/UofA game (I think), when he said if he was told he had "one minute to live," it be at a basketball game.

Yea that was one of my favorites too. I actually posted about it right after he said it and yes, it was Arizona game.

If there was any doubt before, after listening to Jon Crispin tonight I love love love love love Bill Walton.

"Throw it down big man! Throw it down!" Is easily my all-time favorite catchphrase of any sportscaster. He makes boring games fun. I would start watching NBA again if he called their games.

I wish I could vote "Hate him" more than once. I thought he was garbage last night.

Yeah he was pretty anti CU last night. They showed a replay of Talton playing good defense and forcing zona to throw it away and the refs gave it back to zona. On replay it wasn't even close, Talton wasn't near it.

The first announcer said what a terrible call. Walton responded what are you talking about.

He also said Booker moves his pivot foot all the time last night after Tzarcewski had a travel. Just a weird comment to make.

Walton seemed a little pissy when I asked him for a picture. Something was def up with him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Didn't see the broadcast, but it sounds like he had a bad night. Comments I've read seem to go beyond prissiness of fans while watching their team get dismantled and destroyed in a game.

Back