What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

How many commits this weekend?

I'll say one.

Btw, any chance of dyson, magee or any other dt's or de's on the list visiting?

Last edited:
Are kids really dumb enough to think that this is what Colorado weather is always like based on this one weekend? A simple wikipedia of average Boulder or Denver weather would prove otherwise and I'm sure the coaches and current players can tell them the truth?

Hi guys. Just poppin in to say this weekend was GREAT! The staff is awesome and did a great job of taking care of recruits and parents. The weather didn't bother anyone. Was actually a plus because it was gorgeous. The kids got to bond as well as the parents. Lots of questions were answered and resources available. Great selling points on how the kids can bring greatness back to CU. VERY POSITIVE academically as well as athletically.

Hi guys. Just poppin in to say this weekend was GREAT! The staff is awesome and did a great job of taking care of recruits and parents. The weather didn't bother anyone. Was actually a plus because it was gorgeous. The kids got to bond as well as the parents. Lots of questions were answered and resources available. Great selling points on how the kids can bring greatness back to CU. VERY POSITIVE academically as well as athletically.

Great news! Thanks for the feedback. I'm glad you guys had a GREAT weekend!

There is something special about cresting that hill on HWY 36 and heading down into Boulder. It triggers an emotional response to leave the real world and descend into the other worldly atmosphere that is Planet Boulder.

It's Peter Pan Land, where time freezes, everyone is fit, and nobody grows up. Getting a degree in Boulder is the best five or six years of your life.

I'm glad to hear the CUAD welcomed you into the land where the Buffaloes roam...were seldom is heard a discouraging word. And the skies are not cloudy all day.

Are kids really dumb enough to think that this is what Colorado weather is always like based on this one weekend? A simple wikipedia of average Boulder or Denver weather would prove otherwise and I'm sure the coaches and current players can tell them the truth?

The answer is: yes.

Hope so. I like a lot of the players in this class, but it would be nice to get a few real blue-chips

According to Buffscoop we did not get any official commitments this weekend but things went really well and we look like frontrunners for at least 2 4* players. Coaches planning a bunch of in-home visits in the next week which may seal the deal on many of them. Overall sounds like the weekend went very well.

According to Buffscoop we did not get any official commitments this weekend but things went really well and we look like frontrunners for at least 2 4* players. Coaches planning a bunch of in-home visits in the next week which may seal the deal on many of them. Overall sounds like the weekend went very well.

Interesting...

Hope so. I like a lot of the players in this class, but it would be nice to get a few real blue-chips

The only way this class is going to be a true success is if we close on some of these elite players. Getting them into visit is not enough, we need to close.

The "well, just imagine how good it will be when we start winning" is a shallow argument when you consider how small next year's class is likely to be.

The only way this class is going to be a true success is if we close on some of these elite players. Getting them into visit is not enough, we need to close.

The "well, just imagine how good it will be when we start winning" is a shallow argument when you consider how small next year's class is likely to be.

Yep, great if they sign, means nothing if you're just getting them to visit.

Hopefully a couple of these kids commit relatively quickly. This seems like one of those situations where, if the dominoes start to fall, things could gain momentum in a hurry. Particularly with a couple of the 4 star's; if they land a commitment from Rippy or Crawley pretty quickly, it could go a long way toward influencing some of the kids who visited, as well as being a sign to guys like McNamara, O'Connor, and Wright that the program is on the rise.

Even better. You get to spend more time canvasing the elite and building relationships with them and hopefully get them signed up.

As for shallow arguments, expecting kids to jump both feet into a 3-10 program is unrealistic & anybody thinking such probably needs a reality check on where we are at as a program.

I think Embree is doing a solid job. I've watched lots of player film over my years, and we're in on some or have some great kids committed. This class may lack star power but I think many will point to this group as being what turned the tide for CU.

Don't agree. I don't see some of these kids visiting any other 3-10 programs so to me, it tells me a lot about how the coaches are doing. We're finally back in the door recruiting against the likes of Michigan, SC, Oregon, Ohio State among others, right where we should be. Results are going to take some time on and off the field.

Even better. You get to spend more time canvasing the elite and building relationships with them and hopefully get them signed up.

As for shallow arguments, expecting kids to jump both feet into a 3-10 program is unrealistic & anybody thinking such probably needs a reality check on where we are at as a program.

I think Embree is doing a solid job. I've watched lots of player film over my years, and we're in on some or have some great kids committed. This class may lack star power but I think many will point to this group as being what turned the tide for CU.

We were in on plenty of blue chippers under Hawk as well. This staff was hired in large part due to their recruiting prowess. I'm not expecting a top 15 class this year by any means, but it's imperative that we close the deal on a few of these 4* guys and I'm confident that we will.

Don't agree. I don't see some of these kids visiting any other 3-10 programs so to me, it tells me a lot about how the coaches are doing. We're finally back in the door recruiting against the likes of Michigan, SC, Oregon, Ohio State among others, right where we should be. Results are going to take some time on and off the field.

I hear you. But it is a bottom line business. We need to close our share. Actually, our recruiting results have to outpace our on-field results if we want our record to start improving.

had a blast on the visit the coaching staff was awsome,the campus was beautiful,the people were nice and the recruits were pumped about the upcoming season.

had a blast on the visit the coaching staff was awsome,the campus was beautiful,the people were nice and the recruits were pumped about the upcoming season.
That's great to hear! How do you feel about some of the guys who haven't committed yet?

Well... it looks like we'll get quite a few guys... but we'll just have to wait

Probably. It seems like the commitments are happening more often in the week or so after the OV when coaches follow up during the week with in-homes.

I blame you for being online all weekend.

To add a little info: some kids come on their Official Visits solo, without one or both parents (this weekend more than 50% of the visitors, for instance). IMO, these coaches are men of character that wouldn't expect or pressure a player to make a life-defining decision without someone close to them being present and involved in that decision (not every college program operates this way, mind you). I think that's why you should see more commits coming after an in-home visit. As a parent, I totally respect and appreciate that.

To echo Kthom and Mo, our family had a BLAST this weekend! So fun to see the boys getting to meet each other, their future teammates and coaches for the first time and see "light bulbs" going on about what this team is really planning on accomplishing! The "family" message is not just lip service, it's a mindset. I felt all who were there this weekend could feel that. The future looks BRIGHT for us Buffs, believe it! #Buffs4Life

Back