What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

How will the offense be modified for Hansen?

I fully expect to see Cody back as the starter if Hansen fails to get the team moving.

Could be, and if he is I will be really disappointed because Cody does not have the tools to do what this team needs him to do.

Forget Lobato or anyone else. By the way what happened to the hype on Evans?

I fully expect to see Cody back as the starter if Hansen fails to get the team moving.

I think the hype on Evans was always done tongue in cheek.

Evans has to get his throwing motion fixed. Very sloooooow and not particularly accurate

Could be, and if he is I will be really disappointed because Cody does not have the tools to do what this team needs him to do.

I don't think that either one of these guys is much better than the other, just different skill sets. I also think that Cody was simply under too much pressure with all the nepotism claims, not to mention he must have felt it was up to him to keep his dad's job. In some ways this is probably a relief.

Obviously to see him come off the bench would mean Hansen has struggled, so we'll all hope it doesn't happen. However, coming off the bench without the weight of the world on his shoulders might improve his performance.

However, coming off the bench without the weight of the world on his shoulders might improve his performance.

I don't think that changes anything. He's still the same QB with the same mobility and arm strength issues.

...if it were me, I would've saved Hansen's redshirt, because this season is ****ed in my opinion. Hansen I guess does need time under center in order to stop tucking the ball away so soon. I was at the game, and from my view, which wasn't great, it seemed like he had reverted to last year's form - feel the pressure much too early and stop looking for receiver, instead just scamper around looking to make a play.

I think the offense will get simpler. There won't be four options to check, but more often, two places where the ball is supposed to go. I think Simas will get thrown to more, because I think Cody favored throwing to McKnight. We may get more creative with running plays.

One last thing, Hansen isn't too much taller than Cody, so I don't think the entire "taller" qb wish of so many fans gets fulfilled here.

I do not understand your logic. First of all, the season is not ****ed yet and I'd be pretty upset with the coaching staff if they just packed it in. Second, if you are right and the season is ****ed, then we are playing for next year. If we are playing for next year, then Hansen needs to be in playing and getting game experience so we don't find ourselves in the exact same situation next year.

I don't think the offense should have to change much. Even though Hansen thought he was going to RS this year, he and the coaching staff should have been pushing him to learn the offense the entire time. He has a year and a half in the system and if he's not ready to take over at all, then our problems are a lot deeper than just a QB change.

I don't think that changes anything. He's still the same QB with the same mobility and arm strength issues.

Of course it doesn't effect his skills, but it might affect his judgement. Forcing throws, rushing things, concentration, etc. Hell, he might not have been able to sleep well at night.

The best half of football I ever saw him play was against ISU last year.

Back