What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Hoyas Fight Chinese Imperialism

NCAA tourney game right here:

[video=youtube;zgzRqDzbAQY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zgzRqDzbAQY[/video]

I didn't say that it doesn't happen. I said that it's very rare. With the play-ins, there end up being over 65 games a year in that tourney. I don't think the refs bothered me in more than 2 or 3. I remember thinking that Washington got jobbed by the refs while playing UNC in Charlotte.

It may just be from the angle of the person video taping, but the Georgetown guys seem to be trying to run away, or at least as much as a 19 or 20 year old can. I would definatly say the Chinese should feel the shame for this one.
The old "Melo" defense.

Apparently this Chinese team is noted for starting ****. However, they did go to the airport baring gifts and apologizing. Of course, now, Georgetown will be under NCAA investigation for accepting gifts, :lol:

most egregious ref call i that i can remember that decided a NCAA tournament game was in the Greg Oden Ohio State year (4-5 years ago)....playing Xavier. maybe Sweet 16? X rebounds the ball with a lead and are going to win with just a few secs left. Oden body blocks some X player into the 2nd row, no intentional fall is called. to be fair, they let the players decide it but if there IS a thing called an intentional foul that exists....this was one. X misses one of 2 FT's, OSU hits a 3. think it goes OT, OSU wins. in a sense the refs made the right "error", choosing to leave the game on the floor...and X gags by missing FT when they could put it away....but, like i say, if there IS such a thing as a callable, obvious intentional foul with WAY too much physical contact than is necessary. and you have a rule for it that says 2 shots and the ball. this was it.

all Oden or any OSU player has to do is bear hug an X player and we all know he is doing (and part of the game)....but, this was close to feeling like a keep the #1 seed in the darn thing call...because Oden goes Hanson Bro on the poor guy. sort of like when you watch a listless KU team make comebacks at Allen FH where they demolish a 10 point opponent lead from the FT line once you get the 5 minute mark.....the opposing team's best player goes from 2 fouls to 4 fouls in a .30 time frame of action, KU is hand-checking all over the place for "steals", no inside fouls are called on the Sqwacks ('sup Sasha Kaun?). not saying it happens, but i've had the thought.

Last edited:
Back