What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Huge game. Very, very important.

I love that Sacky's telling it like it is. Most CU fans are football fans. Most of those football fans are fair weather fans. And even the diehards are usually only casual basketball fans. But everyone loves a winner and if CU MBB is winning it's a great value for the entertainment dollar.

If we want to build CU basketball, we have to start somewhere. And that "somewhere" is creating some buzz by consistently winning at home and getting some headline-making victories. This Saturday is a tremendous opportunity.

On a national level for recruiting, a win would also have the ESPN crew talking CU during the UT-KSU game on Big Monday.

Dood...you're gonna call out Sacky?

Well, I'll throw it back at ya Spiff...you going to the aTm game next week when our boys are in town?:bounce::gobuffs:

Nice! You sure you aren't a SWO? That's black shoe quality smack! I might just be there (or maybe I'll wait and see if they beat K-State...)

rockchalk is the type of soil around the eastern part of kansas. farming is and has been pretty important to that area of the country if i remember correctly. but still the chant is stupid as hell and annoying to boot.

rockchalk is the type of soil around the eastern part of kansas. farming is and has been pretty important to that area of the country if i remember correctly. but still the chant is stupid as hell and annoying to boot.

Please don't confuse the issue with facts.

I think the Sackster has it wrong: There's no going back to square one for this team. Bz is building a core of really good players, but the team is still two bigs away from being legit. Sure, on nights when the Buffs shoot 55% from the field they're going to be competitive against anybody. But, when the shooting percentage falls back to earth, it's going to be tough to win against good teams with your bigs getting zero (as in 0) rebounds.

It's not realistic, at this point, to expect that the Buffs are going to "defend our court" against top 20 teams. The talent guys -- Higgins, Burks and Relphorde, with a little Thorne thrown in -- are going to make this an exciting season, but it's not useful to conjure up goals that simply aren't attainable. Could they steal one from KSU tonight? You bet they could. But, the program -- and the fan support -- is not heading back to square one if they don't.

If you're a Buffs fan, there's every reason to go watch this team, without regard to whether they stay undefeated at home. It's a talented and exciting team, with one of the best freshmen in the country. And, if Bz can lure a true 5 to Boulder, watch out. This could be a ranked team next year.

One last thought: The Big 12 is very good this year. But, top to bottom, it's nowhere near as good as the Big East, which has 6 teams in the top 25 and unranked teams like Louisville and Cinncy. Hail to Pitt!

I'm not talking about the committed CU hoops followers here. Those folks will support the team regardless. Kind of like how I'll continue to go to the football games even though they suck and have been terrible for four years. That's not what I'm talking about. What I'm talking about is the casual fan. The guy who reads about how they are starting to get big crowds in the CEC now and that the team is doing better than anybody expected. There will be a thousand or more of those guys at the game today. Win, and they'll come back. Lose, and they'll go find something else to do the rest of the season.

Sure, on nights when the Buffs shoot 55% from the field they're going to be competitive against anybody. But, when the shooting percentage falls back to earth, it's going to be tough to win against good teams with your bigs getting zero (as in 0) rebounds.
It's not realistic, at this point, to expect that the Buffs are going to "defend our court" against top 20 teams. The talent guys -- Higgins, Burks and Relphorde, with a little Thorne thrown in -- are going to make this an exciting season, but it's not useful to conjure up goals that simply aren't attainable.

Well it's a good thing then that CU has only two Top 20 teams left at home. Otherwise I feel they'll defend home court well. Again, CU has very winnable games against Neb/ISU/Mizzou/OU/& Tech. I think they've got a shot at going 6-2. Not bad.

It's funny reading some comments, even my own. It's like we all look at the Buffs as if their the ONLY team that really has issues and that other teams are just gonna play better and at a much higher level. I'm also guilty of that at times. But it's quite the contrary obviously, as we all know. Everyone has inconsistency's.

Could they steal one from KSU tonight? You bet they could.

Agreed.

KSU, for example, has issues with fouls, FT%, & lead the league in turnovers. Besides pts. scored and rebs., they're about middle of the pack in most categories; many of which, they fall a spot or two below CU, especially with shooting (FG%, FT%, & 3-pt%). So there you go, it would be reasonable to assume CU has a good shot to beat K-State today. But Yes, they'll need to shoot well, play good D & get turnovers, and work the Cats into a fouling frenzy.

Back