What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Husker fans

Our schedule is weak but what people don't realize is that's hardly our fault except for the other NonConfs besides Washington. These were signed to 3 years ago. If the rest of the big 12 would stop sucking **** maybe we could play some more ranked opponets (hence our move out of the conference and Bo stating that he will no longer allow DivII teams in non conf play). By the end of the season im fairly certain we'll have 3-4 ranked teams on our schedule. 1 in the top 10. And Washington isn't a bad team....why because they lost to BYU who lost to Utah State? Yeah well Utah State, you may remember, almost ****ing beat Oklahoma and have you looked at Utah States schedule? It's no wonder they have a bunch of losses.

Quit comparing bull**** to bull**** that was the first week of the season...everyone ****s up.
Nebraska can play whoever they want. They way the Husker Idiot Parade travels, anyone would want a home-and-home with them. Nebraska chose to schedule Hilltoppers, Jackrabbits, and Vandals. 2010 is CU's weakest schedule in memory and it's still tougher than the average Nebraska schedule.

:rip:cornholio:rip: is no longer our rival, and they weren't the ones who tried to **** everyone else in the conference. I hope they mudhole Uterus by 4 touchdowns.

Nebraska can play whoever they want. They way the Husker Idiot Parade travels, anyone would want a home-and-home with them. Nebraska chose to schedule Hilltoppers, Jackrabbits, and Vandals. 2010 is CU's weakest schedule in memory and it's still tougher than the average Nebraska schedule.

Umm we had a good schedule last year. The only thing that's really changed is that there are less Top 25 Big 12 teams this year and Washington isn't ranked like VT was.

Umm we had a good schedule last year. The only thing that's really changed is that there are less Top 25 Big 12 teams this year and Washington isn't ranked like VT was.

AH yes, last year, when nubs chose to schedule FAU (home), Arkansas State (home), VT and Louisiana-Lafayette (home). The rest of the games were dictated by Big XII scheduling. nubs football: Anytime, anyone, anywhere... so long as you're a mid-major or FCS school and will come to Lincoln.

I don't like the fact that UT is coming off of 2 straight losses and an extra week to prepare. But NU will have 9 days between games so that's basically a moot point. When you compare apples to apples, Texas has shown absolutely no ability to move the ball on offense. They could have lost some of their other OOC games if the D hadn't created so many turnovers and in some cases, scored on them. Nebraska's D is not what it was last season, but still a hell of a lot better than UCLA's and at least as good as OU's. Nebraska's offense is much improved from last season and actually has an identity this year unlike the last. However, it doesn't mean s*** against UT's D. Clearly, the defenses here are better than the offenses. But if you had to pick one more likely to score some points, based on what you've seen this season, the choice is NU. Special teams edge goes to NU as well with Henery punting and kicking and Paul returning kicks. Then throw in the fact that it's in Lincoln with a crowd that is gonna be screaming for blood, and you have the making of a beatdown. However, I think it will be a close game. UT's struggles aren't going to lessen the anger that this team still feels from last season and if it does, all Bo has to do is pop in the tape of the last 2 minutes of the CCG and walk out of the locker room.

This is not the Colt McCoy or Vince Young Texas team... I watched 3 of their games this year. They are going through a down year.

Funny how nobody was saying this just a few weeks ago. Texas was going to mudstomp us just a few short weeks ago..still may.

If I was a Fusker, which thankfully I am not, the UT game would scare the crap out of me for one reason. Nub-raska has not defeated Texas since the Big 12 was formed I believe. That has to have the feel of a curse. I wouldn't assume anything until the final whistle blows with more points on the board then Texas.

99 B12 Champ game 22-6.

AH yes, last year, when nubs chose to schedule FAU (home), Arkansas State (home), VT and Louisiana-Lafayette (home). The rest of the games were dictated by Big XII scheduling. nubs football: Anytime, anyone, anywhere... so long as you're a mid-major or FCS school and will come to Lincoln.

Let's see..$4MM minimum cash in the coffer/home game....how's that Hawkins Buyout Fund coming along??

This has been chronicled too many times. Football pays the bills..for ALL the sports. Try losing one more sport and then see what your attitude towards this is. Look at the facilities difference and the number of sports by program and tell me who is doing it correctly.

You may not like it or agree with it but that's how you pay for stuff. Heck, most on here indirectly complain about NOT doing this enough when you don't have a Baseball program or a permanent indoor facility...or the funds to buyout a Coach.

How many players over the year has CU lost, or not had a shot at, over not having a baseball team?

If you want to infer that NU is "afraid" to play someone, then we can have that discussion as well..if you have specific instances.

I don't like the fact that UT is coming off of 2 straight losses and an extra week to prepare. But NU will have 9 days between games so that's basically a moot point. When you compare apples to apples, Texas has shown absolutely no ability to move the ball on offense. They could have lost some of their other OOC games if the D hadn't created so many turnovers and in some cases, scored on them. Nebraska's D is not what it was last season, but still a hell of a lot better than UCLA's and at least as good as OU's. Nebraska's offense is much improved from last season and actually has an identity this year unlike the last. However, it doesn't mean s*** against UT's D. Clearly, the defenses here are better than the offenses. But if you had to pick one more likely to score some points, based on what you've seen this season, the choice is NU. Special teams edge goes to NU as well with Henery punting and kicking and Paul returning kicks. Then throw in the fact that it's in Lincoln with a crowd that is gonna be screaming for blood, and you have the making of a beatdown. However, I think it will be a close game. UT's struggles aren't going to lessen the anger that this team still feels from last season and if it does, all Bo has to do is pop in the tape of the last 2 minutes of the CCG and walk out of the locker room.

The Texas D is better than what they have shown. They don't really HAVE to move the ball to win. They need to use the NU strategy from the B12 Title game last year and just no LOSE it on Offense. Play field position and hope our young QB turns it over at a bad time.

Problem is, our kicking game is far superior so that may not work too well for them.

Another bad sign for them is our 3rd string QB was our starter last year so we at least have somewhat of a fall back plan if the QB play falters.

Let's see..$4MM minimum cash in the coffer/home game....how's that Hawkins Buyout Fund coming along??

This has been chronicled too many times. Football pays the bills..for ALL the sports. Try losing one more sport and then see what your attitude towards this is. Look at the facilities difference and the number of sports by program and tell me who is doing it correctly.

You may not like it or agree with it but that's how you pay for stuff. Heck, most on here indirectly complain about NOT doing this enough when you don't have a Baseball program or a permanent indoor facility...or the funds to buyout a Coach.

How many players over the year has CU lost, or not had a shot at, over not having a baseball team?

If you want to infer that NU is "afraid" to play someone, then we can have that discussion as well..if you have specific instances.

More fusker misinformation, we've always had the money to buy out Hawkins, Benson did not think it was appropriate to do it last year. Trying to defend the unl scheduling over the years is and always will be a losing proposition.

More fusker misinformation, we've always had the money to buy out Hawkins, Benson did not think it was appropriate to do it last year. Trying to defend the unl scheduling over the years is and always will be a losing proposition.

Money from Donors or from the Athletic Dept operating income? Figure out the difference and get back to me. Trying to attack NU is a losing proposition.

I'm really torn on this game. Afforementioned meteor aside, I'd like to see both teams lose. On one hand, I'm really sick of Texas and this once-great conference that they feel unusual entitlement too. I mean, I can't blame for wanting what's best for their school, and I can't be angry for the advantages they enjoy by being centered smack dab in the middle of a recruiting hotbed. But I can resent their fans for believing they deserve something that they don't. For disrespecting their conference foes who were doing just fine in the Big 8 without them, thank you very much.

But speaking of fans who believe they deserve something, I present to you the university of nebraska faithful. While I would like their football team to stick it to Texas to show the Horns that they can have their ****ty little conference, I find anything that makes the huskers happy, tends not to make me happy.

At the end of the day, I'll continue rooting against nebraska. After all, Texas is already out of the top 25. They've experienced disappointment. I'd hate for nebraska not to join them.

Also, there's the big picture aspect. If nebraska leaves the conference 1 and 8 against Texas in conference play, they will always be their bitches. If they win one on the way out, they'll always have scoreboard. I like the idea of 1 and 8. Texas will needle them endlessly for running from a team they couldn't beat.

Whoever loses, I'll find a way to be happy about it, but in either case, there will be a bit of sadness too.

Go Texas?

I didn't "infer" anything. I was "implying" it, however. At any rate, can you honestly say that you like having to watch nubs play 3-4 cupcakes every year to start the schedule? I have never felt completely gratified (with certain exceptions) watching CU beat non-BCS schools, not to mention Southwestern Bum**** Sisters of the Poor Tech type schools like WKU and rest of the world beaters nubs has scheduled for the last two years of non-con play.

ummm did you see your non conf schedule last year????

I'm over them and hope Texas beats the hell out of them. Here is the difference, we have been ****ty because of Barnett's stupidity in handling off the field problems and we have been ****ty because of how Hawkins has handled on the field problems. Nebraska fans think they were ****ty because of Texas, rather than to look within they choose to blame everyone else, so no self-accountability. Let's not forget Texas wasn't a very consistent program for about 20 years before Mack Brown so it isn't like the Big 12 was formed for Texas's benefit they just made the most out of the Big 12 whereas the rest of us has faltered at times. Nebraska fans have turned into Truthers, Birthers and so forth when it comes to Texas and the Big 12...

ummm did you see your non conf schedule last year????
Kamel - stop talking about schedules. Nebraska fans should be F-ing embarrassed about their team's historical schedules, up to and including this season.

Fla. Atlantic
Arkansas State
La.-Lafayette
Western Mich
San Jose State
New Mexico St.
Wake Forest
Ball State
Louisiana Tech
Nicholls State
Troy
Maine
W. Illinois
Utah State
Troy State
Troy St.
Utah St.
McNeese St.
Troy State
Rice
San Jose St.

That's just the last decade, at least two cupcakes a year. I know the Huskers are ramping it up with Miami and Tennesee down the road, but it's been cupcake city for decades, it was even worse in the '80s and '90s - all the while Colorado has been the opposite.

**** off Saul. That avatar must be destroyed!!!!!

I really am torn tonight - and frankly can't root for either team so hopefully will witness some good comedy/mistakes/bad football all around. On one hand - want to see both of us drill the Big XII on our farewell tours...but I also hate to see Kansas State do anything good.

Overall, I have lightened up on my hatred for the corn a little bit, and figure the game in November will be very weird. I honestly think it will be a very friendly atmosphere with a lot of pats on the back for both sides since we are both ****ing Texass and the rest of the little sisters. Don't get me wrong, I will enjoy watching every minute of a corn loss as usual, but just can't find the deep level of hatred I have had in the past...off by just a couple levels less of hatred.

Why all the hatred for Texas? They assisted in getting out of this crappy conference. Direct your hatred towards those that deserve it...The freak shows that tape their kids to the wall so they can do meth and turn their kids into serial killers. I hope you lose every game from here on out fuskers. Or you can win the rest and lose to us, whichever you prefer.

Back