What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Husker QB frontrunner Witt to leave NU

That was the last straw between GB and Ochs. I'm not trying to say one was right and the other was wrong. They were both wrong imo. They just didn't mesh well. Even before that.

You rember the k-state game where he came in even though we lost and I told my buddy in the stands, this guy is going to be awesome here. I also believe ochs wasn't happy with the offense and wanted to be able to throw more.

You are correct, they both have equal share of blame and it's too bad.

Actually, everyone thought Lee would end up the starter once he got the mental part down as he was a year behind Witt in learning. Physically, he was always ahead of Witt.

I don't get where people say that Lee was less experienced. . He sat out 2005, enrolling into Juco in January. He put up big numbers at Juco in 2006. He redshirted at NU in 2007 and was a backup to Ganz in 2008.

Witt redshirted one year at NU and was a backup to Ganz in 2008.

Witt is two years younger than Lee. They both enrolled in Lincoln in January of 2007 and have spent two full years in the NU system.

Witt wasn't more experienced than Lee, it seems he is just a quicker learner!

The team turned him in for it, apparently. I believe they had brought back the Unity Council concept where players handle some stuff internally and give recommendations. Obviously, everything is proven out and Coach has final say but I believe that is the process now.

so much for all the 'Husker fan invented rubbish of the signal escapade.... Here is a plausible reason and evidently the truth:

http://huskerextra.com/articles/2009/02/24/football/doc49a357538142c306208096.txt

So now that he is leaving does that mean that the team is as "Wittless" as their fans are?

I know bad pun but I couldn't resist.

Read all the posts I made about this. He was caught by the teammates AND he also didn't want to compete for the job through Fall. There were multiple issues with the guy.

Sorry - you're backpedaling and you can't admit you were wrong.

There was no "teaching the other QB the wrong signals"....

Anyone not tied to 'Husker nation knew that was a crock, along with the other baloney about how he lost his job in 7 vs. 7, or he wasn't running with the A-Team receivers in "optional drills that coaches can't attend"...

The rest of the world knew there was something else and now the story is out. Husker fans should be relieved, as I'm sure they are, to be rid of this self-centered player. Bo made the right decision.

After reading that article it's very apparent that Bo made the right decision. It's hard to name your starting QB for the season at the end of the spring considering you're going to have a battle at that position. Trying to force his hand was a wrong move on the Witt's part and they ultimately sealed their fate on that one. If he would've just competed for the spot and did his best he very well may have found himself in the #1 spot.

After reading that article it's very apparent that Bo made the right decision. It's hard to name your starting QB for the season at the end of the spring considering you're going to have a battle at that position. Trying to force his hand was a wrong move on the Witt's part and they ultimately sealed their fate on that one. If he would've just competed for the spot and did his best he very well may have found himself in the #1 spot.

I think you're spot on. That and the fact that the offense has changed from a traditional West Coast style to a spread type. I really don't think Witt would have fit in the current system as much as he and the coaches would have liked. Witt has a great arm but I just don't think he has the speed and the ability to throw on the run like Lee, Spano, or Green.

I hope Witt transfers to a school where he can be a starter. From what I have read, the kid does not want to fight for his position.

Bo looks like a face transplant recipient.
Hawkins.jpg

governor-rod-full.jpg

At least our coach doesn't look like him.

Back