What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

I found the job for Gary B.

I'll go for the rare, difficult to obtain quadruple wow.

Supposedly, in the 1978 Orange Bowl, OU squared off against Arky. Arky had suspended three key offensive players, including Michael Forrest, their leading rusher, for the game. Arky was the heavy underdog, but pulled off a huge 31-6 upset.

The Arky FB, the legendary Roland Sales, yeah I'm sure you've heard of him, rushed for a O Bowl record 205 yards, seemingly shredding the OU D on the FB give.

The OU DC had, the story goes, just found out good ol' Barry S was dropping the hammer on the DC's wife. He told BS after the game he called exactly the wrong defense on purpose for any given Arky offensive set.

I guess they call that the screwing you get for the screwing you got.

Can a get a quadruple wow?

So, I've got to ask...

Has Coach Stoops been hooking up with his staff's wives before bowl games?

So, I've got to ask...

Has Coach Stoops been hooking up with his staff's wives before bowl games?

:lol: Not that I know of, the Switzer story made the rounds a few years back...who knows if it's true, but I watched that O Bowl with my old man who graduated from Arky. Roland Sales was unstoppable, mainly because nobody was home on the FB give. He would get the ball, be in the defensive backfield with nobody within ten yards of him, heck I could have gained 100 yards that night.

Back