What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

I sit here completely shocked

after 4 years what part of students with 2,6 avg's do we stop writing newspaper areticles about. 2.6 is not even a C.

shocked. Hawkins was right about one thing. How clueless the bulletin board posters are. I for one thought we were on the right track. I thought the O would struggle early, but our D would be good enough to win the first two games. Our D is AWEFUL. OMG.

I give. OUT!

This is about to get very ugly. We really cannot do anything right at present.

I am not sue what was worse - the defense, the continuous penalties on both sides of the ball of the announcers apologizing for CU every other play.

"We'll keep plugging... we got good kids on this team"

-Hawk in the postgame interview with Mark Johnson

I predicted 6-6 before the summer and people jumped all over me...what hurts is they have lost 2 of the games I thought they would win....

CU will probably be an underdog in almost every game the rest of the season.

I watch a lot of football. I have come to the conclusion that we just don't have the talent that most of the other teams have. We don't have the speed, we lack for height and we are short on depth. It is going to be a rough road ahead this fall and , failing to go to a bowl game again, we are going to have trouble recruiting the real good players that this program so desperately needs.

I watch a lot of football. I have come to the conclusion that we just don't have the talent that most of the other teams have. We don't have the speed, we lack for height and we are short on depth. It is going to be a rough road ahead this fall and , failing to go to a bowl game again, we are going to have trouble recruiting the real good players that this program so desperately needs.

That depends on who we hire for head coach. Hawk has to be gone. A proven name has to be found.

That depends on who we hire for head coach. Hawk has to be gone. A proven name has to be found.

I'm hoping for Heater but realistically... who's going to want to come here? Remember when Gary Kubiak turned down the job? That was when we were still considered a powerhouse. Something is desperately desperately wrong in this program. I'd bet the farm that the next coach will be someone promoted internally. Cabral is the likely candidate.

I'm hoping for Heater but realistically... who's going to want to come here? Remember when Gary Kubiak turned down the job? That was when we were still considered a powerhouse. Something is desperately desperately wrong in this program. I'd bet the farm that the next coach will be someone promoted internally. Cabral is the likely candidate.

I don't remember the Kubiak thing but I think that is more indicative of his preference for the NFL than a knock on CU.

I don't remember the Kubiak thing but I think that is more indicative of his preference for the NFL than a knock on CU.

Gary Kubiak (my favorite NFL coach) was the number one option after Neuweasel left. He turned it down in favor of remaining second banana to Shanny for several more years. That just doesn't add up. At the time CU was considered a powerhouse program and he could have been for us what Carroll is to USC. It's like he knew something wasn't quite right here and in the long run it wouldn't have been good for him. Prescient.

He sounds like just what we need. I think coaches will realize that there is some potential here and the chance to come right in and win is there.

But we have so much potential. I mean, we nearly beat Neb last year and look how injured we were.

STFU.

We suck...Hawkins is terrible.

When the best thing in your resume is a bunch of "almost wins" and ONE fluke win (they happen every couple of years), you have a problem.

I am so tired of people bringing up all of these "almost wins" as if they aren't losses. Yes, we "almost" beat Georgia. We "almost" beat ISU. We "almost" beat Nebraska.

Who gives a ****?

Went back real quick to look at the 1st half scoring for the Buffs in the last 2 season plus the two games of this season.
2009 - Averaging 3 points for the half
2008 - Averaged 9.9 points for the half
2007 - Averaged 14.4 points for the half.
5 times we have been shut out for the half.
16 out of 26 games we have scored 14 or fewer points.
Interesting in that the 1st half of the last two Nebraska games we have scored 24 points. So he can get the team amped up for that game but for the other games on the schedule we go thru the motions.

Why the hell can't we come out after a week of preparation and score more than 14 points. It kills me how this happens and the trend is getting worse not better.

We all better get used to the fact that he ain't going anywhere.

Back