What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

If Colorado Loses The 'Roocky Mountain Showdown'

i think cody will play the majority this year... hawk knows hes going down... hes gonna go down with his son

i think cody will play the majority this year... hawk knows hes going down... hes gonna go down with his son

I really hope it does not go down this way. It would be career suicide for DH, and a long brutal season of harsh comments and boos for CH, if CH starts and CU falters. Even though I would like to see CU get a new coach, I don't want to see that level of unpleasantness.....

I really hope it does not go down this way. It would be career suicide for DH, and a long brutal season of harsh comments and boos for CH, if CH starts and CU falters. Even though I would like to see CU get a new coach, I don't want to see that level of unpleasantness.....

Agreed, but I fear this is exactly what will happen. I think that there will be some extremely unpleasant stuff going on by the end of the year, especially if we have another year like last.

I seriously doubt that Hawk is going to go down in flames with Cody at the helm.

Despite the considerable amount of money Hawk has made during his time at CU, my guess is that he plans to work after he leaves Boulder. If he were to play Cody and have a losing season, he'd really face an uphill battle in finding another position. I'm betting that Hansen will be the starter and that we won't see much of Cody unless the wheels fall off or Hansen gets injured.

(Having said that, I'm still not convinced that Hansen is far and away the better quarterback. His numbers certainly don't suggest that's the case. And, despite some flashes, he hasn't really played that well. On the other side of the ledger, with all his shortcomings (height, lack of arm strength, lack of mobility, etc.), Cody has managed to put up some pretty big numbers. I'm not saying he should be the starter; I'm just saying that it's not quite as clear cut as some people make it out to be. If Cody's last name wasn't Hawkins, my guess is that a lot of people would see it as more of a toss-up.)

I seriously doubt that Hawk is going to go down in flames with Cody at the helm.

Despite the considerable amount of money Hawk has made during his time at CU, my guess is that he plans to work after he leaves Boulder. If he were to play Cody and have a losing season, he'd really face an uphill battle in finding another position. I'm betting that Hansen will be the starter and that we won't see much of Cody unless the wheels fall off or Hansen gets injured.

(Having said that, I'm still not convinced that Hansen is far and away the better quarterback. His numbers certainly don't suggest that's the case. And, despite some flashes, he hasn't really played that well. On the other side of the ledger, with all his shortcomings (height, lack of arm strength, lack of mobility, etc.), Cody has managed to put up some pretty big numbers. I'm not saying he should be the starter; I'm just saying that it's not quite as clear cut as some people make it out to be. If Cody's last name wasn't Hawkins, my guess is that a lot of people would see it as more of a toss-up.)
I wouldn't. TH, while having a lot of areas to improve is easily the QB with more potential. Their numbers really aren't as close as you suggest either. Is TH the next great CU QB? Hard to say, he does have some lapses, but no way would I think the two were neck and neck no matter what the last names were.

He may have some huge numbers but not all of them are a good thing, Record for most Ints, the # of times he has been sacked because of immobility also has to be pretty big. We've seen what Cody can do as the starter of a season, now lets see what Hansen can do when he isn't being told he is going to redshirt.

Last edited:
I totally agree that Hansen should be the starter, principally because the Buffs have lost consistently with Cody and Hansen brings a whole new look with much more potential. But, that doesn't change the fact that Cody has thrown for a lot of yards and has thrown a lot of touchdown passes. He did that with a pretty motley O-line, little in the way of a running game, pretty average receivers (with the exception of Scotty) and crap field position due to an awful kicking game. Yeah, I know about the interceptions and the sacks. And, the losses. I'm just saying that Cody did a credible job in atrocious circumstances. Would Hansen have done much better? So far, based on his on-the-field performance, there's no convincing case he would have. I'm hopeful he'll have a breakthrough year. It seems pretty clear that Cody has topped out, so Hansen is the obvious choice. Things can't get much worse than they were next year....

I totally agree that Hansen should be the starter, principally because the Buffs have lost consistently with Cody and Hansen brings a whole new look with much more potential. But, that doesn't change the fact that Cody has thrown for a lot of yards and has thrown a lot of touchdown passes. He did that with a pretty motley O-line, little in the way of a running game, pretty average receivers (with the exception of Scotty) and crap field position due to an awful kicking game. Yeah, I know about the interceptions and the sacks. And, the losses. I'm just saying that Cody did a credible job in atrocious circumstances. Would Hansen have done much better? So far, based on his on-the-field performance, there's no convincing case he would have. I'm hopeful he'll have a breakthrough year. It seems pretty clear that Cody has topped out, so Hansen is the obvious choice. Things can't get much worse than they were next year....

Cody was great......until teams had film on him. I still love him as a backup QB.

IMO, CH is gutsy, and he plays hard. But, a lot of those yards came when the Buffs were way behind and scoring meaningless points against the backups. I like the kid's heart and he plays hard and gives it all he's got, I am unconvinced he really has the tools to play in the B12.

Agreed, but I fear this is exactly what will happen. I think that there will be some extremely unpleasant stuff going on by the end of the year, especially if we have another year like last.

Boy you sure a good leader for people not to say unpleasant stuff with all your Hawk is an idiot talk in just about every post you make these days. That is a very hypicritical post.

Yes, fire his ass on the spot. It was bad enough losing to that horrible team at home and watch their fans dancing on our field, lose to them this year and he should be axed as soon as he gets to the lockeroom. Then, all the fans get to line up and throw tomatoes,eggs and whatever else we want.

Boy you sure a good leader for people not to say unpleasant stuff with all your Hawk is an idiot talk in just about every post you make these days. That is a very hypicritical post.

We could say the same about you,me and everyone on this board.

Man, you folk are exhausting. Let's at least wait until we lose a few games before we start going down this road. If we start now, then it is going to be a very LONG remainder to the year.

Man, you folk are exhausting. Let's at least wait until we lose a few games before we start going down this road. If we start now, then it is going to be a very LONG remainder to the year.

I like the idea that we control the speed of time.

It's not hypOcritical at all. I think Hawk is a certified moron. He's an incompetent boob who knows how to talk, but doesn't know the first thing about how to win football games at this level. He's in way over his head. The natives are restless, and he doesn't seem to give a damn. That's going to make them even more restless. I don't foresee him being fired prior to year end, which will lead to broad based upsetness throughout Buff-nation. How is my saying any of this being hypocritical?

The move to the Pac will only exacerbate the issue. Fans have had their expectations beaten down over the last four years. Now we're heading into a new conference, where we will want to represent ourselves adequately. Our fans don't want to be embarrassed in our new home. Hawk is an embarrassment, there's no two ways about it. Without the move to the Pac, Hawk could have probably counted on apathy to keep things from getting ugly. That apathy is gone. It's been replaced by unfounded expectations. Unfounded expectations spawn unruly fan behavior.

I'm counting this and every game on our schedule this season as a loss so that, in the very unlikely event of a win, I can be surprised and happy.

I think the guy has a confidence problem for sure. It does apply to coaches, the good ones arent afraid to go after it. Hes gotta know how to coach or how the hell is he here? My brother has been coaching for about 15 years now and he even scratches his head at the **** Hawk does and hes a UT guy.

Back